I like character and gear progression, am I wrong in fractured?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hey guys, I love character individualisation and the progression and I also love to work on my gear in an mmorpg. In Fractured, I worry that we just have that "throw away gear" because of the full body loot and because gear just differs by purpose but not by strenth.

So, there will be guides around where a new player will rush a specufic build, rush the knowledge and the gear and after a short time he can compete veterans with hundreds to thousands of hours.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hi! maybe Fractured is not focused in gear progresion, but im sure u can spend lots of hours on geting each piece of an elite magic rare drop gear as in any non full loot mmorpg. That said is not the best idea if u want to focus on pvp...that gear will give u a huge adbanmtage...untill u die.
    About knowledge sistem i would say it gives the character a longer prgresion in an enjoyiable way...just dont look in toutorials where to find each ability/task...thats like grind exp the most fast/boring way in lvled sistems.
    Hope this helped...all i said of course are conclusions of what i read of the game...
    Cya around 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I really love PvP but I don't love loosing my gear I worked hard for... xD

• Community Manager

@blyce There's no gear progression in Fractured. Every piece of gear has different strenghts and weaknesses but none of them are strict upgrades over others.

As for character progression, there's the Knowledge System so you will have plenty of progression there.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@blyce said in I like character and gear progression, am I wrong in fractured?:

I really love PvP but I don't love loosing my gear I worked hard for... xD

You can avoid that by staying on the Beast planet where there is no PvP. On the other hand, if you decide to stay there, that would indeed mean there's little character and gear progress for you, since you don't have to diversify as much. (Just my two cent though)

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

As I said I love PvP and it sounds like that you can't do much PvP (expect you fight bare without gear) xD

I guess it will take some hours to get new gear so PvP is a difficult thing, even on the PvP world...

Had my finger on a big founders pack but now I am really not sure if the game is for pvp players.

Its like craft -> fight -> loose gear on death -> craft -> fight -> loose gear on death and so on.... and the craft part might need hours or days.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

*not sure if the game is for pvp players...
    It actually is, full loot pvp is the pure pvp way...in my opinion: no loot= no risk= no real pvp
    I dont think it will take hours to re-gear with a standar set...as its player crafted it wont take much to craft it /ern enough to pay it

• Community Manager

@blyce Gear can be replaced easily. Fractured isn't going to be a game where you spend days gathering rare materials to create a high-end gear set only to lose it to a ganker a minute after completing it. Gear can be replaced pretty easily, and there's no such thing as vertical gear tiers.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Well but what if I need a special set for my PvP build that needs Materials which are not available on my planet?

And if everbody with basic gear can compete eachother, they could just remove the gear from the game and also don't see any reason to get rare mats in that case.

If gear is super easy to get and always competing I worry that gear crafting might get obsolete ...

• Wiki Editor

@blyce it won't get obsolet, because you will need special equip for special areas and situations to survive.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

True, I had only PvP in my mind while there is still the PvE content x)

• Wiki Editor

@blyce i am guessing hard, that you will also need special equip in PVP 😉

I am imagine how you want to chase people deep into the mountains and snowy areas while you are wearing just a bikini 😉

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@blyce I just want to make it clear I'm not trying to be rude with my latter opinionated comments. Dynamight Studios is offering a game that is distinctly different than other games in the mmo genre, instead of offering a reiteration of WoW. If you want to play an mmo with gear progression there are literally hundreds of them you can choose from. If you want to play a game that will most likely stand out among the rest and break the boring cookie cutter mold every mmo uses, play Fractured. I'm not a fan boy. I just have a lot of respect for company's that dare to be different. Also, sorry for the wall of text.

The way the gear will be set up, it'll be easy to replace it. you wont have to farm for 2000 wolves to make your leather armor.

arrows might be a different story though.

• Like @blyce, I like pvp, but I don't like losing all my stuff, just some of it maybe. Depends on how hard it is to get said stuff. So Fractured sounds great, because I won't have to grind and grind only to loose it all.

1. Character progression will be extensive in Fractured with a lots of skills to learn and then slowly becoming more efficient with your decks and tbeir application.

2. Gear is easy to replace but it might require some effort to customize it and have different sets for different situation. When playing you shouldnt own just one set but several backups and keep them in your house or bank so when you lose one set you just equip other one and continue playing without downtime. If yoi are pvping you will also be getting new free sets by looting other players. So dont worry, unless you completely suck and are lazy in same time... you will not be running around naked all the time. 😉

It's just a different system, if you never tried it you might think that it doesn't give you a sense of progress, but infact it does.

It is a very enjoiable system, I am sure you will not miss the themepark-style gear progression once you try it.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@blyce Then just don't die 🙂

You don't have to run around in your best gear either... you can go "find" gear that happened to belong to someone else in the past too

forgot to mention that Beast planet can be completely ignoring PvP. meaning when there's an invasion of demons, you can stay 30 minutes away from the portals so you aren't killed or attacked. otherwise you'll have free roam on the planet and may only die to NPCs.

Just don't get too attached to that sweet sweet loot! However, if ever you need someone to hold on to something super rare my bags are always open 😛

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured