I suggest to continue the Foundation program

• Community Manager

Back before we decided to hold drawings, we considered rewarding forum members with points everytime they made a good post, good suggestion, etc. In the end we didn't do it because I wanted to avoid accusations of favoritism. (Why didn't I get points for my crappy suggestion???). Therefore it's unlikely we will do such thing in the future.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Eurav said in I suggest to continue the Foundation program:

One can´t take away something you don´t have yet.

I will 100% have every reward to level 200 if they don't end the Foundation early. I thought it would last until the game launched. I'm very consistent on checking this game every day. I'm working my way up the ranks. I WILL have every reward if they don't close it early like they are considering.

@Pwnstar said in I suggest to continue the Foundation program:

One can´t take away something you don´t have yet.

I will 100% have every reward to level 200 if they don't end the Foundation early. I thought it would last until the game launched. I'm very consistent on checking this game every day. I'm working my way up the ranks. I WILL have every reward if they don't close it early like they are considering.

Yeah, and I will 100% have a lottery win if they pull the numbers I played. I thought I would win the next one, as I always consistently participate. I WILL win if they don´t draw something else.

@Specter said in I suggest to continue the Foundation program:

Back before we decided to hold drawings, we considered rewarding forum members with points everytime they made a good post, good suggestion, etc. In the end we didn't do it because I wanted to avoid accusations of favoritism. (Why didn't I get points for my crappy suggestion???). Therefore it's unlikely we will do such thing in the future.

Yeah, the "fairer" the rewards one tries to give, the bigger the backlash from people who think they deserve more. The drawing already is a pretty good system to reward people who participate in the forum actively, and it also does not cost as much as time as giving out points individually would be.

@Eurav
    it's much easier to level the Foundation because the xp is constant. the lottery is quite 100% random, getting to level 200+ isn't random at all.
    they haven't had the Weekly Drawings in a while so it's possible to get 1-3k from that alone. I've won that 8 times which is 8k xp there. I have 1 recruit which don't post or do anything so that's xp i'm missing out on but i didn't need to get to 200+.

i think the levels should stop and let as many get to the max reward as possible. the Foundation rewards are much better than "alpha/beta" icons/badges or whatnot other companies give out for RNG access to said testing times.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I enjoy the foundation because it keeps me engaged with the game even though the package I have will not start until beta. Otherwise I would probably tend to forget the existence of the game.

@Jetah said in I suggest to continue the Foundation program:

they haven't had the Weekly Drawings

did they stop doing the weekly drawings? why?

@Althalus
    they're doing them whenever they want but they should be rolling all the weeks missed in one post.

not sure why the communication has stopped tho. no email, content pill, etc lately.

Yeah, and I will 100% have a lottery win if they pull the numbers I played.

That's not an accurate analogy. Your chance of winning the lottery is 0.0000000000000000001%. You won't be winning the lottery.

@Althalus said in I suggest to continue the Foundation program:

did they stop doing the weekly drawings? why?

They are still doing them, they are just not making them public.

@Pwnstar said in I suggest to continue the Foundation program:

That's not an accurate analogy. Your chance of winning the lottery is 0.0000000000000000001%. You won't be winning the lottery.

The chance of it happening does not matter. In both cases it is a matter of "I gain something IF something happens"

• This post is deleted!

@Specter said in I suggest to continue the Foundation program:

Hmmmm.. Well it is your game and you have rights to reward who ever you want to. Well its a choise between reward helpfull posts and answer few negative feedback or not reward helpfull post at all. How much accusations of favoritism you actually think you would get? Does not sound something that would happen a lot. 🤔 If you have considered rewarding good posts, imho you were on the right track there. 😉

The drawings seem like a good solution to potential accusations of favoritism, and I like them better than the "daily post" mechanic.

Rewarding quality, thoughtful posts over sheer volume seems preferable. 🙂

The chance of it happening does not matter. In both cases it is a matter of "I gain something IF something happens"

There is no "If". I will get the rewards to level 200. Unless they take them away.

Whereas you will not be winning the lottery. Ever.

I would appreciate them continuing the Foundation, but I don't mind either way.

I'm currently level 282, not because I want to be high up and e-peen and all that, but partly because I'm scared I'll miss out IF they continue, and partly because I've been doing this every day since December 2017, and it's a ritual I'll severely miss if I stop.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Pwnstar

So they should continue the Foundation program post release as well?

• This post is deleted!

Foundation program should imo end after beta 2 and just before release. Then the base has finished and the product is ready for launch.

Well ofc there can be some kind of program, but the content and the name needs some update so those will cater better post-release situation.

@Pluto @Tuoni
    being active on the forums, being rewarded for that activity with cosmetics is a good thing to do. Now if they can curb the trolling because of the foundation, IE reward good content with points while removing points with trolling/salt/toxicity then it might work.

Foundation is a great term for what it's designed to do. the greater a Foundation is the better the structure will be on top. One thing about games is the people are always shifting around from game to game, a game company would like a good Foundation of constant revenue and some pillars of users that are helpful.

The Foundation is never complete on a game. Look at WoW 14+ years later. Look at Eve Online and the few other online games being active for 10+ years. I'd imagine if Blizzard made a forum Foundation type system that rewarded positivity and discouraged negativity it would be a much better place.

This community is great and we're being rewarded for participating on the forums. Another EA game I've backed is pretty empty on the forums and the mods haven't logged in on Reddit in over a month some of which are the company employees. The active forums could make other communities, like Reddit, seem empty, however.

@Pluto said in I suggest to continue the Foundation program:

@Pwnstar

So they should continue the Foundation program post release as well?

That's a good question. I don't know the answer. Maybe?

Personally, I don't want to see anyone miss out on these rewards, but it is also true that rewarding people for being somewhere for a long time, and having faith in a project from the start is both an appreciative gesture and makes those players feel special.

That said, The Foundation should end at some point, as the very nature of the name suggests that it should end at some point. What that point is, is hard to determine currently.

Perhaps DS can share a few of their ideas with us and poll us on it. It's been going for a while now, but I do agree with some that a reasonable point could be the start or end of either of the betas.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured