Foundation chests

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@islesofurth said in Foundation chests:

@Jetah said in Foundation chests:

@Eurav

i'm sure if enough people want them, it'll become an item.

they might add a skin for in game chests that mimic the foundation items if enough people ask for it.
    Otherwise i'm sure it will remain separate for the fact it needs to look good to sell good.

Despite only being available via the foundation atm. it's sure to be in the shop at launch, otherwise they would not have bothered creating them in the first place.
    They would have simply given you specific items as a foundation reward.

the chest, right now, are just a sketch that will open to grant an item. we're asking that they become real items that can hold items, similar to a house chest/bank.
    plenty of games have lootboxes that aren't actual items. we're asking for it to be a usable item. IE play the foundation game, you'll also get chest that can be placed in your house as well as the random item you get.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I am well aware of what you are asking @Jetah
    there was really no need to explain it when i had just said what you explained in my post.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Hello everyone! Right now, the only way to have a different skin for your chests in-game is to buy the furniture set in the Store 🙂

Lol I was hoping it would get traction this time. Maybe it will get brought up again and the devs will give in 😉

@Znirf said in Foundation chests:

Hello everyone! Right now, the only way to have a different skin for your chests in-game is to buy the furniture set in the Store 🙂

I'd suggest offering a skin from the Foundation too. It wont be easily obtainable and could be phased out, thus creating a FOMO for it.

Maybe if foundation persists for a while more, it can be extended a bit, and those chest skins offered as reward for higher level.

I'm fine with either, just throwing some suggestions here. 😉

Of course if skin was reward, it would only apply to one chest perhaps, so people still have reason to buy more skins in the store. 🙂

@Gothix

I'd like to see the Foundation become a seasonal thing but maybe a year length instead of a usual 3 months. DS could cap the level at 500 or something and let people just stay at cap if they reach it before it resets.

I'd love to have a reason to visit the forums and engage after the game is live. It would attempt to curb toxicity too because if you're banned on the forums then you can't obtain the Foundation exclusives!

I'd be ok with 1 new cosmetic item a year. They can put a full armor set (as an example) over 500 levels. IE Boots, Pants, Chest, Gloves, Shoulders and Helm at every 100 levels. Mounts, pets, titles, skins can be recolored but be exclusive to the Foundation.

That could be cool as well.

I'd just perhaps exclude forum titles from seasonal foundation, because if unique titles were added every time, forum would get filled with so many titles it would become a mess. 🙂

@Gothix

PoE has icons (like 25x25) now so that you can fit more per post. they were banners (like 25 high and 100 wide).

@Znirf said in Foundation chests:

I Hope you consider selling lookalike foundation boxs in the store one day

I'd like to see the Foundation become a seasonal thing but maybe a year length instead of a usual 3 months. DS could cap the level at 500 or something and let people just stay at cap if they reach it before it resets.

I'd love to have a reason to visit the forums and engage after the game is live. It would attempt to curb toxicity too because if you're banned on the forums then you can't obtain the Foundation exclusives!

I'd be ok with 1 new cosmetic item a year. They can put a full armor set (as an example) over 500 levels. IE Boots, Pants, Chest, Gloves, Shoulders and Helm at every 100 levels. Mounts, pets, titles, skins can be recolored but be exclusive to the Foundation.

I wanna second this. I can also see a way around the objection @Gothix rightly raises to proliferating meaningless titles.

I'm looking through the lens of the Game of Thrones - Ascent alliance vs alliance cycles, which each had a distinctive name, icon, and set of rewards/titles that players competed to earn. By the time the game ended <deep mourning still going on> I had racked up a selection of titles from which to choose - and I was proud of each of them... e.g. Golden Viper, Royal Executioner, Frozen Hammer, Eagle's Bounty . 💪 🏆 🥇

There were other titles that players earned by longevity (Elder, for those who had been playing for over 5 years, was esp respected) or in-game prowess. Maybe players who earned x# of Foundation titles in a row by dint of solid, constructive forum participation would reap the coveted Master of Contributions title!

@PeachMcD said in Foundation chests:

I wanna second this. I can also see a way around the objection @Gothix rightly raises to proliferating meaningless titles.

I'm looking through the lens of the Game of Thrones - Ascent alliance vs alliance cycles, which each had a distinctive name, icon, and set of rewards/titles that players competed to earn. By the time the game ended <deep mourning still going on> I had racked up a selection of titles from which to choose - and I was proud of each of them... e.g. Golden Viper, Royal Executioner, Frozen Hammer, Eagle's Bounty . 💪 🏆 🥇

There were other titles that players earned by longevity (Elder, for those who had been playing for over 5 years, was esp respected) or in-game prowess. Maybe players who earned x# of Foundation titles in a row by dint of solid, constructive forum participation would reap the coveted Master of Contributions title!

i wasn't really behind this idea before, but putting it like that advertises it in a really good way. it seems alot more interesting now, even if i wont be able to collect them all.

You can just go for those titles that seem interesting for you, and put in an effort to collect those.

I think that people who try to collect "everything" in game always have a painful life. 😛

@Gothix said in Foundation chests:

You can just go for those titles that seem interesting for you, and put in an effort to collect those.

I think that people who try to collect "everything" in game always have a painful life. 😛

I know this pain

Collections no matter what they are is good for devs. For alot of players collecting is what drives them in the game to stay.

nah, it isn't really that painful. my fav game of all time is called 'Secrets of Grindea'. The whole point in the game is to collect everything. I am a hunter, whether it is for achievements, every different kind of loot possible, titles, whatever. It is sometimes the only reason i enjoy games... coz there is stuff to collect. In saying that, having events that give limited items like say, mounts... usually really pisses me off if i can't get them in some way or another later on. Even if it costs me tonnes of in-game currency. (The initial pledge titles for the $3000 supporter titles though, i wouldn't expect to be able to get later on. That is clearly meant to be an exclusive. That and i dont have $30k to throw into 15 titles anyways, lol)

actually that isn't (completely) true. completionist exist!

There are 4 types of game play in which Wildstar built game play around the 4 major types of players.

I loved playing Wildstar, but I remember it was really buggy game. The core was lacking development quality.

But overall, the game was fantastic. Also, I really LOVED possibilities of housing design.

actually that isn't (completely) true. completionist exist!

There are 4 types of game play in which Wildstar built game play around the 4 major types of players.
    comp

So, I looked up the 4 types out of curiousity, and to save others the time they are: Combat, Explorer, Scientist, and Settler. I guess any of those 'Paths' might accommodate a completionist player that needed to finish every single part of their chosen path... but wouldn't a real completionist need to finish ALL THE PATHS? 😉 😝

@PeachMcD yeah, a true completionist would... and if possible, all on the same character. 😉

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured