Pledge Packs Are Going... With A Sale!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Now I have to decide if I'll upgrade haha

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

All packs include: A digital copy of Fractured (retail €30)
    Right? (Just to be clear, since I didn't read the news for a long time)

• Community Manager

@Alice Yes, they all come with a digital copy of Fractured.

@Pluto The old packs aren't being replaced with better packs, and if the new packs do come with new cosmetic rewards, the old backers who pledged at that level or higher will receive those rewards as well.

1. I have one of the current pledges. If future packs will feature new cosmetic rewards, will I get those too?

Yes! If a future access pack has new cosmetic rewards and you have bought one of the current pledges of equal or higher value, you’ll get the new cosmetic rewards too!

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Alice said in Pledge Packs Are Going... With A Sale!:

All packs include: A digital copy of Fractured (retail €30)
    Right? (Just to be clear, since I didn't read the news for a long time)

Yes, from the Recruit tier, and up, you will have the game to play when it's released.

(And prior to that, some form of Alpha or Beta access depending on how much you pledge...)

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Specter

You missed my point, I was saying if you followed the target model, that’s how it would work.

The sale is still scummy no matter how you slice it

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Pluto said in Pledge Packs Are Going... With A Sale!:

The money isn't an issue for me, it's the idea of it. I obviously put money forward for a vision, but it's tactics like these that I absolutely abhor. Such a shame, I suppose a company can't be perfect.

Without trying to start a fight here, let's call it like it is. People putting down money now, for a slightly discounted price (and it's only slightly, let's not forget), are still putting down money for a vision, exactly the same as you. The game is still aaaaaages away.

It's not like people who put down the money at KS are some incredible early adopters and anyone who comes along now has some sort of red carpet rolled out for them.

As far as I can see, someone stumping up $$$ now is in no better (or worse) position than someone who did it at KS. They're still an early adopter, really, based on how far the game still has to go.

Look below at my sig. I was into the KS as soon as it went up and I STILL think someone buying a pack today is basically as much of an early adopter as I am. I genuinely do.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Actually if I remember right from the kickstarter those who jumped in on early bird pledges actually got them cheaper than those who came to the campaign later. So depending upon when you found the kickstarter and pledged you may have actually gotten it cheaper as others followed. I haven't looked but maybe these discounted prices are early bird prices.

I was happy to upgrade cheaper either way 👍

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Farlander said in Pledge Packs Are Going... With A Sale!:

Actually if I remember right from the kickstarter those who jumped in on early bird pledges actually got them cheaper than those who came to the campaign later. So depending upon when you found the kickstarter and pledged you may have actually gotten it cheaper as others followed. I haven't looked but maybe these discounted prices are early bird prices.

I was happy to upgrade cheaper either way 👍

I think they are, IIRC what my earlybird package cost on KS.

Basically it's not a huge discount and nothing for people to treat like it's the worst thing that ever happened, etc, etc.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Prometheus Is the A1T2 still going for June. Or has that already passed?

I would love to decide to buy in finally, but would be bummed out if i missed the test ... Any update on just "its not yet started/ its gonna start soon / it already ended"?

• Community Manager

@Greenfox The current plan is late June.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Specter Perfect. Even if some people will hate me saying this, i am happy i didn't miss it xD. That info should be on a news page, so people know "Hey i could still get in on that?!". Just june makes it kinda swampy.

PS: Nice work on Alpha 1 test so far. I watched alot of streams (finally after months) and you guys did some solid work there. This, Dual Universe, MadWorld(still nearly no info on that one, but it just hits the old ragnarok online gamers hearth in me...) and Crowfall are my hopes for the future of gameing/ mmoprgs in general atm. I hope you stick to your lofty goals and don't drift into future creep to much before realese ^^. Will be seeing you ingame soon i guess.

I'm a Knight Level now xD... gone and done it. Don't get hit by an meteor now dear devs.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Canterbury said in Pledge Packs Are Going... With A Sale!:

The money isn't an issue for me, it's the idea of it. I obviously put money forward for a vision, but it's tactics like these that I absolutely abhor. Such a shame, I suppose a company can't be perfect.

Without trying to start a fight here, let's call it like it is. People putting down money now, for a slightly discounted price (and it's only slightly, let's not forget), are still putting down money for a vision, exactly the same as you. The game is still aaaaaages away.

Slightly? I could have saved 100 euros. But once again, the $ is irrelevant. Well, it’s relevant in the sense that I won’t be putting another dime down on this game. Which I also understand is irrelevant, there are plenty to replace me.

It's not like people who put down the money at KS are some incredible early adopters and anyone who comes along now has some sort of red carpet rolled out for them.

Right. But you also don’t expect us to roll out the red carpet for new adopters either. Everyone should be equal.

As far as I can see, someone stumping up $$$ now is in no better (or worse) position than someone who did it at KS.

Wrong. You are significantly better off backing now versus the KS. Without the KS, they wouldn’t be at the position that they are.

The fact of the matter is they broke good faith. End of story. The packs are legitimately cheaper than they were on the Kickstarter. Bad faith.

You may be okay with it, but such tactics do not sit well with me. What’s next? Right?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Pluto How so, the prices are of the same level as early bird. The only packs that're actually cheaper (as no early bird back then) is the Aristocrat/Governor/creator packs. If you went in for 850 bucks, i doubt you now will feel that 100 bucks money you could save. And user count wise, they just might have wanted to sell more of these. So the whole work that goes into them, isn't costing more then the few packs they sold of these? (as they're limited)

Do non-KS get the KS perks? I doubt they will, so there you have your free stuff ^^.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Greenfox

Wrong again. 850 aristocrat KS. 750 sale price.

Once again, I don’t care about free fluff. And I’m pretty sure post KS packs are logged as KS backers anyhow

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Pluto uuhh. I did say 850 - 100 ;3. shrugs

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Pluto

I did mention that even Steam has sales. Digital or physical isn't relevant here. And physical items dont go on sale because of a new version of said item. Maybe you're thinking of cell phones and not appliances or shirts, etc.

sales happen, like or not. some people were debating and this might push them to buy. the sale isn't 50-90% off so there isn't much to fuss over.

also cash shops have sales too.

I’m pretty used to these cash grab tactics from developers by now

wow. just wow.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Greenfox

So let’s shaft the larger backers. Great idea.

@Jetah

I think you need to re-read my post, I addressed that.

As for the cash grab, what else is it?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Pluto How did you get shafted, if someone bought it for slighlty less then the original (only non early bird, version?). Your still a KS backer and they're an "early adopter pledge".

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Greenfox

I’ve already addressed that. I’ll just take my leave at this point. But once again, they lost my faith.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Greenfox

So let’s shaft the larger backers. Great idea.

@Jetah

I think you need to re-read my post, I addressed that.

As for the cash grab, what else is it?

A way to get a bit more funding and retire the now done pledges for less scrumpios packages.
    If you look at Crowfall for example, the sheme was the same.

A cash grab would be if they went for "Hey now it#s 50% off, get it while its hot! And we throw in new stuff, that the other guys don't get!".

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured