Funding

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Logain said in Funding:

@Tuoni said in Funding:

(...)That is devs job to plan goals which can be done with set income(...)

The point I was trying to get across is that it's a lot more beneficial to skip additional stretch goals and instead use all the additional money

What additional money? It's stretch goals that inspire people to pay more to reach the goal. That's where the additional money comes from.

@Pwnstar said in Funding:

@Logain said in Funding:

@Tuoni said in Funding:

(...)That is devs job to plan goals which can be done with set income(...)

The point I was trying to get across is that it's a lot more beneficial to skip additional stretch goals and instead use all the additional money

It's stretch goals that inspire people to pay more to reach the goal.

I agree, that stretch goals has their own role to lure people to fund more. Not just to get new players, but also to get backers to upgrade their packages'.

We could put it this way, if stretch goals would be useless, why to use those at first place? ๐Ÿ˜‰

best way to get people to back more is to offer single cosmetics. Once someone buys a 200$ pack i doubt they'll spend more when the next pack might be 400$.

however, if pets, skill animations, emotes, or other cosmetics were up for sale then it could persuade people to toss them an extra 5-15$. I believe skins for items, mounts, pets, skills, etc will be added so those could be sold too. I'd highly suggest having seasonal variation which are only sold during that time or are specific to the year and season being sold. I would offer that after a set amount of time those items could be put back on sale for a limited duration (optional of course).

DS could issue dynamight coins if a player buys something but they don't like it (instead of issuing a refund). IE you see concept art for a pyro blast, you buy it for 1$, they make it a few months later but you don't like it, you could refund the item for dynamight coins to buy something else at a later time.

@Prometheus i'm sure you know this but eventually people will get to a point where they wont buy another backer pack.

give these people more money

My fellow humans, beastmen and demonkin:

As of this post we have 113 Euro to go to unlock the final Stretchgoal: Animal Taming!!

Huzzah!!!!!
    Huzzaahhh!!!

goood job everyone

We did it! All stretch goals reached.

180,047 Euro raised!

Thanks to that last backer!

Edit: I heard somewhere that once we reach 200,000, the Devs will send all backers a real life cape. I made this rumor up justnow, but I still heard it. Devs, please say it will be so!

I will wear it always.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Ongoing funding is a strong point. Itโ€™s one that is important to me. I asked about gifting in the discord as itโ€™s another way to go (being able to fund through gifting to friends and family) but at the end of the day finding a way to make it so your supporters can spend monthly money will make you a lot of residual income points. My community is used to residual purchases (we come from Chronicles of Elyria) which allows title purchases and a thing called EP that allows you to help shape the world (in essence itโ€™s sort of like your gold system). I was told gifting will be a thing so can appreciate that. Any other things you can think of for ongoing funding would be amazing. Would love to continue to support but eventually will run out of things to spend on โค

Aaaaand we hit it. Wooooot!

Okay niiicee one. Now I can tame Babilis and win the game. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yeah, it gonna lie that animal training was only behind fishing in interest level for me. So glad it'll be coming.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

As someone who just recently purchased a pledge, here are few things that made me hesitant of pledging:

1)No immedient gain. Even if I'm getting the most expensive pledge there is, fact of a matter is devs can promise anything and everything in the future(stars and planets, included), but right now, this moment, I'm getting nothing for my money.

2)Limited timeframe testing. This is partly continuation of previous point, as well as making it a sepparate issue, which is time. It's bad enough access to test servers is limited by test phases and time limit, but people themselves have limited time and when they are faced with choice of dedicated that limited time to test server or carrying on with their regular life, at their regular pace, many people are going to pick doing things at their own pace. And if that's the case, many people would not bother getting a pledge, because they wouldn't be taking advantage of it.

3)Low crowdfunding goal. Fewer money may be just as damgerous for the project as too mich of money. Many people are looking at such low stretch goals and are asking themselves,"and what exactly can they do with this little money?" Then they go to the forums and learm that the devs have investors, in addition to crowdfunding campaign. And if some investor invests money into it, why would random joe invest his money into it? And for that matter, why would there be a crowdfunding campaign? Something's too fishy here... Or, well, along those lines.

4)The stretch goals, themselves... They are... well... bland, too few and are all maxed out. I mean, just look at them? Character creation-that's supposed to be an obvious feature, by today's standards. Fishing-unless it's live bait Waterworld fishing-booooooring. Animal taming? Some are excited for it, for others that sounds like a potential grind or a chore... If it were saying something badarse, like,"TAME AND RIDE DRAGONS," then far more people would be excited for that feature. However, as it stands now- meh. And on top of that, there are no more stretch goals. This game needs more stretch goals, with badarse goals, to boot!... Maybe, something like expanded racial evolution?shameless wink

5)Not enough buzz. Too few streamers are covering this game, for too little time, when they are allowed to, for a limited time, during testing. There are no new videos featuring Fractured on Youtube and there are no news to share, so even if content creators want to help this game by promoting it-they got nothing to go by! They've already promoted it, several times and they've said all they could say about Feactured-they got nothing else left! The devs themselves are kinda, sorta silent. For example, ok-we got an update that the upcoming alpha test phase 2 is supposed to be in June(correct me if I'm wrong). So, when exactly, why people should be looking forward to it? And why should people buy into it? If devs have sonething to show, then they should send invitation to content creators and give them access to test server, earlier than the rest-an exclusive first look, of sorts, for them to start talking about Fractured, againm so that more people would learn of Fractured. And why is this here-well, because if you, by accident learn of some game that nobody's talking about, you'll be hesitent to invest into unknown.

We're getting a cape?? SWEET

• DymStudios - CEO

@deusex2 said in Funding:

1)No immedient gain. Even if I'm getting the most expensive pledge there is, fact of a matter is devs can promise anything and everything in the future(stars and planets, included), but right now, this moment, I'm getting nothing for my money.

Hi @deusex2 ๐Ÿ™‚ First of all, thank you for your support! Let me address some of your issues:

1. It's true that it might feel quite limiting right now, but we don't have the resources to manage always-online test servers. It's much easier for us to focus the testing, bug reporting and feedback in a limited time frame. Tests are going to last much longer in the future anyway - particularly as soon as we get Knowledge System implemented.
    2. Our crowdfunding goals are lower than one would expect - but please, allow me to brag a little ๐Ÿ˜‰ We've run the first Alpha test 8 months after the end of our Kickstarter campaign. The build lacked a lot of features, but it was already a game, featuring a 60km2 continent, combat, PvE, crafting, land claiming, building. It was not an arena to test combat or a miniature garden to test gathering/crafting or stuff like that. Servers were stable and there were no game-breaking bugs, too. We might have 1/10 of the funding of some of our competitors, and therefore a much smaller team, but we're delivering! ๐Ÿ™‚
    3. We're very aware of this too, but it's (partially) on purpose. We wanted A1-T1 not to be publicized too much because it was too rough. There will be way more streamers in A1-T2, and we'll start actually getting in touch with the "big ones" in Alpha 2!

• @deusex2 said in Funding:

1)No immedient gain. Even if I'm getting the most expensive pledge there is, fact of a matter is devs can promise anything and everything in the future(stars and planets, included), but right ..

Hi ya, been following for around a year, just picked up my pledge pack and read this last comment (er now the last before the last) before me.
    As a long time backer of many game products (and just about every other product) I felt the need to walk through these because it's 3am and I haven't kicked anything else in the teeth today, yet.

1. This is both a common thing with crowd funding and any/all in progress products, if you were pledging for a condo in a new development you would be waiting for it to be built, again without any reward ahead of time (except maybe the use of the development facilities eyeballs the forums) this is no different.

2. in early to mid development this is common, I imagine both alpha 2 or/and the beta rounds will include longer up time as they start to stress test in truth, but funny enough technology has advanced to the point where you can perform a virtual stress test, so alpha rounds of testing are more about player ui/ux experience and over all impressions to calibrate with. A mountain of data can cause these to be lost so I can see why you wouldn't run it for more than a week, then give yourself the next month and change to comb through the results.

3. Small team (labor makes up the largest portion of red in the ledger) with attainable goals, and additional investors always comprise the background of a project, investors bring more than just money to the table if they have experience and contacts in marketing, publishing, or just business savvy. I was talking to a friend about the amazing legal sense the site has, the terms of service and use policy are some of the best I have ever seen laid out, especially for a smaller scope project, I would imagine that this is either some solid paid legal assistance, ordered thinking, suggestions from the background investor/s, or just a combination of the 3. All and all, you will also need to check out the news articles on Spacial OS, the Fractured team will be taking advantage (they have said) of the 100% discounted server hosting for the game used as an incentive for adopting Spatial OS, server fees are no joke, and so if those were the funding goals (pre-announcement from the Spatial team), then I'm sure they have quite a bit more wiggle room with their funds now.

4. I'm just going to start with a shrug here, you are stating your personal feelings and not your analysis, ew. Additionally your number 4 conflicts with your number 3, are they asking for too little money while having attainable goals, how fishy.

When I see a list of features for expansion like this, and that's the key word, expansion, I assume that when they say "expanded character creation" they mean "options that we wouldn't have added to the game for character creation because it would have doubled/tripled our art costs for what we had budgeted for character creation". When I see "Fishing" and "Animal Taming" I think, oh good, they will have additional elements to the economy and the possibility for game play expansion through "finding things". UO (Ultima Online for you wee pups out there) had a fishing system that all at once both rewarded new players with a salable good, and veteran players with treasure maps, and sea monsters to fight, a chest full of booty is not as boring as you would imagine. Additionally everyone I've talked to has been excited about the animal taming, the animals can cast spells and help you in combat, they can be animals that you added the game with the higher limited pledge packs, who have you been talking to about this (maybe you should get out more)?

1. There is less to show that would be salable (see your own comment 1 and 2), without their unique features and races implemented they are missing vital "this sets us apart from other isometrics" power, from a purely sadistic standpoint I enjoy your long post being about "why don't they put an emphasis in advertising to sell more of their things I am not more impressed by", this seems like an uncomfortable position for you.

All and all, I enjoy reading posts like these on backed projects, how about we flip the script and ask ourselves:

"Do we feel like these goals do not match the funding and team size?"

"Would we be more or less ornery if we saw the monies by the principle non crowd funding investors added to the funding goals?"

Would that make sense to most people visually without adding a milestone feature creep item as we are over 180k euro now, if this number is double or even 3-5 times that then what would the reaction be when the milestone is "this game gets made.", I think this falls into the category as underwhelming, so in my review it would be bad form to add it to the crowdfunded goals no matter the perceptible increase, this way they can say "Look we made this game with Only XXX,XXX thousand Euros crowdfunded." and stay impressive.

Wow, some good discussion here, so let me add my 2 cents. The thing that excites me about this project is that it has delivered something very quickly after KS despite a low funding goal. This gives me a higher degree of confidence that things are going well.

Also, I imagine if they wanted to increase funding they could start offering timely limted cosmetics deals, or sell more of their cash shop currency. This also gives me confidence that they've got the means to deliver something great.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Prometheus said in Funding:

Hi @deusex2 ๐Ÿ™‚ First of all, thank you for your support! Let me address some of your issues:

1. It's true that it might feel quite limiting right now, but we don't have the resources to manage always-online test servers. It's much easier for us to focus the testing, bug reporting and feedback in a limited time frame. Tests are going to last much longer in the future anyway - particularly as soon as we get Knowledge System implemented.
    2. Our crowdfunding goals are lower than one would expect - but please, allow me to brag a little ๐Ÿ˜‰ We've run the first Alpha test 8 months after the end of our Kickstarter campaign. The build lacked a lot of features, but it was already a game, featuring a 60km2 continent, combat, PvE, crafting, land claiming, building. It was not an arena to test combat or a miniature garden to test gathering/crafting or stuff like that. Servers were stable and there were no game-breaking bugs, too. We might have 1/10 of the funding of some of our competitors, and therefore a much smaller team, but we're delivering! ๐Ÿ™‚
    3. We're very aware of this too, but it's (partially) on purpose. We wanted A1-T1 not to be publicized too much because it was too rough. There will be way more streamers in A1-T2, and we'll start actually getting in touch with the "big ones" in Alpha 2!

Hey man, no need convincing me-you already got my money ๐Ÿ˜‰

Now how about you find a way of conveying all that to people who still hesitate to pledge? ๐Ÿ™‚

May I suggest placing dev tracker, on the main page? You know-quoting dev's posts and providing a link to forum's thread?

It won't help much with exposure, but at least those in the know will see some compelling arguments towards pledging.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Dr-Quick said in Funding:

1)No immedient gain. Even if I'm getting the most expensive pledge there is, fact of a matter is devs can promise anything and everything in the future(stars and planets, included), but right ..

Hi ya, been following for around a year, just picked up my pledge pack and read this last comment (er now the last before the last) before me.
    As a long time backer of many game products (and just about every other product) I felt the need to walk through these because it's 3am and I haven't kicked anything else in the teeth today, yet.

1. This is both a common thing with crowd funding and any/all in progress products, if you were pledging for a condo in a new development you would be waiting for it to be built, again without any reward ahead of time (except maybe the use of the development facilities eyeballs the forums) this is no different.

2. in early to mid development this is common, I imagine both alpha 2 or/and the beta rounds will include longer up time as they start to stress test in truth, but funny enough technology has advanced to the point where you can perform a virtual stress test, so alpha rounds of testing are more about player ui/ux experience and over all impressions to calibrate with. A mountain of data can cause these to be lost so I can see why you wouldn't run it for more than a week, then give yourself the next month and change to comb through the results.

3. Small team (labor makes up the largest portion of red in the ledger) with attainable goals, and additional investors always comprise the background of a project, investors bring more than just money to the table if they have experience and contacts in marketing, publishing, or just business savvy. I was talking to a friend about the amazing legal sense the site has, the terms of service and use policy are some of the best I have ever seen laid out, especially for a smaller scope project, I would imagine that this is either some solid paid legal assistance, ordered thinking, suggestions from the background investor/s, or just a combination of the 3. All and all, you will also need to check out the news articles on Spacial OS, the Fractured team will be taking advantage (they have said) of the 100% discounted server hosting for the game used as an incentive for adopting Spatial OS, server fees are no joke, and so if those were the funding goals (pre-announcement from the Spatial team), then I'm sure they have quite a bit more wiggle room with their funds now.

4. I'm just going to start with a shrug here, you are stating your personal feelings and not your analysis, ew. Additionally your number 4 conflicts with your number 3, are they asking for too little money while having attainable goals, how fishy.

When I see a list of features for expansion like this, and that's the key word, expansion, I assume that when they say "expanded character creation" they mean "options that we wouldn't have added to the game for character creation because it would have doubled/tripled our art costs for what we had budgeted for character creation". When I see "Fishing" and "Animal Taming" I think, oh good, they will have additional elements to the economy and the possibility for game play expansion through "finding things". UO (Ultima Online for you wee pups out there) had a fishing system that all at once both rewarded new players with a salable good, and veteran players with treasure maps, and sea monsters to fight, a chest full of booty is not as boring as you would imagine. Additionally everyone I've talked to has been excited about the animal taming, the animals can cast spells and help you in combat, they can be animals that you added the game with the higher limited pledge packs, who have you been talking to about this (maybe you should get out more)?

1. There is less to show that would be salable (see your own comment 1 and 2), without their unique features and races implemented they are missing vital "this sets us apart from other isometrics" power, from a purely sadistic standpoint I enjoy your long post being about "why don't they put an emphasis in advertising to sell more of their things I am not more impressed by", this seems like an uncomfortable position for you.

All and all, I enjoy reading posts like these on backed projects, how about we flip the script and ask ourselves:

"Do we feel like these goals do not match the funding and team size?"

"Would we be more or less ornery if we saw the monies by the principle non crowd funding investors added to the funding goals?"

Would that make sense to most people visually without adding a milestone feature creep item as we are over 180k euro now, if this number is double or even 3-5 times that then what would the reaction be when the milestone is "this game gets made.", I think this falls into the category as underwhelming, so in my review it would be bad form to add it to the crowdfunded goals no matter the perceptible increase, this way they can say "Look we made this game with Only XXX,XXX thousand Euros crowdfunded." and stay impressive.

1. This is a common issue, but with how many crowdfunded MMOs out there, one has to be more appealing for the customer, as well as offering something unique in the long run. Because what are the odds of person throwing money on a project that gives nothing right away, when there's another project that immedietely grants access to alpha server, even if it's basically a walking simulator server? At least it's something, you know.

2)Doesn't changes the fact that if person can't take advantage of reward he doesn't feels rewarded, and as such doesn't feels it's worth investing his money. And yes, I say "reward," because I'm fully aware all these tests and phases mostly serve as rewards for backers.

3)Do you see average person reading legal agreement and saying,"hey, this is a well made legal agreement, this makes me confident investing my money into this project?" As for the rest of your point-all of them are the exact small details average person isn't bothering with. And that's the reason why it's there.

If you ask me-the more resources for the dev team, the better for the development of the game, but average person can look at it and think he's being ripped off because devs are asking for a small amount of money that's impossiblr to make a game with, and because the game already has investors.

4)It, actually, does not contradicts it, in the slightest. You're right when you're saying that's just my feeling-all my points are, but then again-I find it hard to believe many people are excited over fishing, in a video game. Real life fishing isn't anything to be excited about and virtual one, definitely, excites nobody.

Which was why I've said that the stretch goals weren't cool enough to draw in more pledges. Obviously, coolness is a subjective matter, and I'm sure this game gathered all virtual fishing junkies of the world, but really-how many more would be there, had goals were a bit more flashier or cooler than that?

5)This isn't about me not being comphortable with anything-the devs already have my money. My point is that nobody talks about this game and, for now, there's nothing even to talk about.

This game is out of sight and out of kind, which means no pledges.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I would say there are plenty of things to hype about Fractured, and that should lead to further conversations.

1. The three planet system. Providing a multi-faceted play experience for many different types of play style. I fully enjoy the PV-Choice (PVP or PVE) as a leader of a community this allows all of my members to feel like they have something to play and their way.

2. The ongoing and obtained progress that is occurring in development. Spotlights, information drops, and updates.

3. Developer response on the forums and Discord. Fast, friendly, and informative developer response is amazing.

4. Milestones. They already hit Alpha 1, phase 1. They hit a milestone, something tangible. I can show my gaming community the skeleton of the product. This allows people to see how gameplay would be, even if itโ€™s rough at this time.

5. NO NDA, allowing multiple conversations to actually occur about the product. This shows anyone that theyโ€™re not hiding something. It allows those without Alpha access to get involved with suggestions and comments.

In regards to fishing it does a multitude of things, imo. It provides a new way to generate resources. It shows that they are looking at ways to expand interaction in the world. Same goes for animal taming. To some it might not be that interesting, but to me it shows that their stretch goals arenโ€™t huge scope increases, but are things people want and associate with games in accordance with MMOs and Sandbox games.

• Agreed, these guys deserve good funding, how can one not support the concept this game is brought to the MMORPG genre.

@Devs or Marketing team, I am not certain but, I kinda feel like it might have something to do with the advertising or marketing. So we need to spread the word. I even sometimes do that in Albion online. it's funny once I /s to the dead guy in BZ told him " hey there is a game called Fractured where you might do stuff without dying".

Marketing I think( just Thinking)

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured