About Game Play

• I have a few questions about game play, they are:

1. The way the camera is in the game play on the video's that you see, is that the only camera view?
    2. Also can a player do all crafting classes or not? I was wondering because I like to do different crafting in a game and was not sure if that was possible here.
    3. Will all the trees and other things in the wild be "harvested" or not?
    4. Is there a place on the website to read more about the races, classes and other things like that?
    5. The economy is player based right?
    6. Will the best gear in the game be player made or drops?

Thank you.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@dyeliot

1. Yes

Last question. Most will be player crafted there will be some loot drops but not many.

Click on the Foundation text at the top ten read all the news.

• Community Manager

@dyeliot

The way the camera is in the game play on the video's that you see, is that the only camera view?

Yes. Fractured is an isometric game. You can only zoom in/out, not change the camera angle.

Also can a player do all crafting classes or not? I was wondering because I like to do different crafting in a game and was not sure if that was possible here.

Yes, you can do everything on one character.

Will all the trees and other things in the wild be "harvested" or not?

I don't know if every object you will see in the wild will be harvestable, but yes you can cut down trees, mine rocks, etc.

Is there a place on the website to read more about the races, classes and other things like that?

There are no classes. I suggest you read the Feature Spotlights in the news section.

The economy is player based right?

Yes.

Will the best gear in the game be player made or drops?

Player-made.

• @specter said in About Game Play:

I suggest you read the Feature Spotlights in the news section.

IMO the news section needs tags or some way to highlight the spotlights. They contain valuable information and most of them are starting to get buried pretty deep.

@dyeliot said in About Game Play:

1. Will the best gear in the game be player made or drops?

I'd just comment here that there will be no "best gear overall". Gear will be horizontally customizable, so it's effects can be changed, but overall it will be equally powerful as an other piece, just with different utility.

This means there will be no "the best gear overall" but some gear will be better for certain situations (an armor with fire resistance will be better to protect you from fire type enemies, meanwhile it will suck against protecting you from water type enemies).

Players will be able to customize their gear by using professions, and prepare spare sets for themselves for different situations.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    4. Yes, news section has it all. But there are no classes.
    5. Right.
    6. Player made, with minimal quality differences.

adding to that....will gameplay involve lots of buttons (hotkeys) etc..

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@target said in About Game Play:

@specter said in About Game Play:

I suggest you read the Feature Spotlights in the news section.

IMO the news section needs tags or some way to highlight the spotlights. They contain valuable information and most of them are starting to get buried pretty deep.

@target I agree! Currently it's quite hard to find specific information about the game even if it is available somewhere on the site.

And might I suggest, rather than having the information be presented in a news post form, it might be nicer to have a dedicated and more structured page on the site for the information that's been presented in the spotlights? A wall of text is quite intimidating to read sometimes. πŸ˜…

@unicon said in [About Game Play]

A wall of text is quite intimidating to read sometimes. πŸ˜…

Only for people that grew up watching YouTube videos to explain everything.

Text is so much faster to read than someone speaking.

@jetah said in About Game Play:

Only if good paragraphing is used. πŸ™‚ In my view, a "wall-of-text" is more than a lot to read: it's a solid block of words, with little to no regard for spacing or organization.

But yes, I do prefer reading tutorials to watching them. πŸ™‚

@roccandil said in About Game Play:

@jetah said in About Game Play:

Only if good paragraphing is used. πŸ™‚ In my view, a "wall-of-text" is more than a lot to read: it's a solid block of words, with little to no regard for spacing or organization.

But yes, I do prefer reading tutorials to watching them. πŸ™‚

definitely understand that.That's when I post a comment asking them to make paragraphs. (got ΒΆ?)

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured