Limited/rare items?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

As long as it didn't create a tremendous divide of power between players who were lucky enough to obtain them and those that weren't, I would be happy to see it.

@gothix said in Limited/rare items?:

@night said in Limited/rare items?:

What if instead of a legendary weapon it was a recipe to craft a legendary weapon. One that would take several specialized crafters to build.

It doesn't matter how the legendary is created. It's very existence would screw with the balance of a MMO that's meant to be skill/knowledge based and not gear based.

you're assuming the stats are x times better than crafted. what if the legendary is just a unique modeled item but has the same, maybe 1% better stats? who would think that something could be Legendary not because of it's stats but because of its Lore.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@jetah This is actually a semi-decent solution. There are...hm. I'm starting to have a count issue. The cash shop offers weapon skins, the legendaries are - effectively - skins with a bit of bonus, probably (it's a nice solution). equipment skins for accomplishing certain feats, seem likely...certain rewards from the ks are skins. The Foundation is doing some skins.

Point is, visual real estate is starting to feel...scarce? somehow? especially if the cash shop for skins is supposed to be a major component to keeping the devs afloat, post launch, having a lot of alternatives isn't...wise.

Not sure what I'm trying to say, precisely, and here isn't the best place for it, probably. I still like your idea. I've just got....an itch - a suspicion - a small voice in the back of my head - a canary in the coal mine, and I'm not sure it's fallen asleep, or there might be a real problem.

But I am suddenly a little worried, all the same.

@therippyone

Let me help you out with one thing. If all cosmetics are behind the cash shop then there isn’t a need to do any exploration nor dungeons not raids.

Destiny 2 has all of their cosmetics behind a paywall (yes you’d get some free boxes but bear with me) and people hated that there was no reason to do the raids more than once. There was not reason “grind” because all cosmetics were in a lootbox.

The last DLC, one before the very recent Expansion, changed it so there were cosmetics behind a play wall. There was a chance to get a mount in a raid, there were cosmetics behind achievements. There were reasons to “grind” again.

It could be possible that the Legendary item unlocks a cosmetic version if you do something and/or survive something. I’ll still stand behind my “only 1 to exist”. There’s the possibility that someone gets the item and quits. In that case the item should crumple and be placed back into the game. If you need a RP reason. That person was buried with their item and someone found it at a later time.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@prometheus legendary items can work as a status items - ones which are either barely better than usual once for x100 the cost, or they can contain certain mechanics which will bring both penalties and buffs for the player using the item, so maintaining the balance, but bringing a "cool rare feature", which won't affect the balance.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Legendary weapons as skins wouldn't be bad. It's just cosmetic so it's not OP and you cannot lose it as it's just a skin.

@tulukaruk

why do people associate legendary with OP-ness? Just because someone is legendary doesn't mean the stats are so much better.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah in most games the rarer the item the more powerful it is. Which does make sense 😉
    Anyway legendary skins for weapons and armors sounds like they solve all the problems in Fractured 😉 You can even create some for beastkin primal form and they don't break on death. What's more noone should complain if a skin gives you only a small bonus to stats 🙂

@jetah said in Limited/rare items?:

why do people associate legendary with OP-ness?

Because it's how it works in WOW. 😛

@tulukaruk @Gothix
    but this isn't other games. Try to see these ideas in the context of this game. people will complain about everything, even skins that grant a bonus.

and to the wow comment. Uh, we have purples and some blues in BFA that are more powerful than past legendaries.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured