A Point of Concern: "Horizontal Progression"

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I think a lot of this concern has to be tabled until we actually see how the skill system works overall.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@jahlon Normally, I'd agree, but apparently the devs read the forums for ideas, so it is kind of worthwhile having a debate just so they know what everyone is thinking about? IT's how we went from a single server to an international series of servers.

• Wiki Editor

Yes @therippyone, thats the point, Jacopo said in the past, that they carefully read the suggestions and discussions.
    So we should assume, think, imagine and talk about, that they are able to polish their own vision about it.

I saw in many answers, that Jacopo has a clear view to the vision of Fractured, but is also thinking well about the input of all the ideas.
    Even the Roleplay themes, that he obviously not targeted much. 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

The horizontal progression, plus the absence of powergaps between gear is the best feature of Fractured!

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Well. I doubt that not having any gear but being skillfull will make you win any fights.
    There will be things you gain from equip and a larger variety of skills from the widom tree.

So a newb that starts out or the ganger which is naked, have less chance to kill ya.
    But there's a chance, as the game isn't like.

Super gear 100000% HP and DPS buff.
    Noob gear, lets get swatted...

xD a new guy wil be able to fight and maybe win against an old guy, if he's reaaaalllllyyy good.
    But that will be rather ... rare.

I think it will boil down to two things.

1. Gear will be good, but not necessary. The extra you get from gear makes your playstyle synergize better. Then someone going out with an tablespoon at you.

2. Skills. Having a definitive build versus a freshly hatched player. Is a advantage in itself.

• Wiki Editor

That i just can sign as it is @Greenfox.

The only thing in this whole equality to be same strong is based in case of the Vet and the Newb in a naked fight with each other.
    The other is about the equip the one you meet is wearing and his chosen skills. The Vet probably will die, if the Newb just had by chance the right equip at hisself.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@gothix said in A Point of Concern: "Horizontal Progression":

I would actually love that gear progression is horizontal, and means that "better" gear becomes more customizable.

So just a crude example (I know stats will not be distributed in this large amount, exact numbers aren't the point here):

• Basic gear item: 10 stats, you can only put all 10 in same stat (all 10 to INT, or all 10 to DEX etc).

• Medium level gear item: also 10 stats, but you can now put these 10 stats into 2 attributes of your choice equally (5 to INT and 5 to CON for example)

• High level gear item: also 10 stats, but you can now distribute to 3 attributes of your choice and distribute how you like (for example (2 to INT, 3 to CON, 5 to CHA)

• Max level gear item: also 10 stats, but you can now distribute to any number of attributes you wan and how you want, total freedom (example, 2 CON, 2 INT, 1 DEX, 4 STR, 1 CHA, or however you want).

yeah thats the kinda progression im hoping for honestly. tho if certain builds have dump stats that would result in essentially a vertical curve. i.e. if INT is entirely useless for physical damage builds then theres no downside to being able to take more points out of it.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@myux Well, we do know that there will be some downsides - there's a "malus" for any stat under 10 - Intelligence's is it mucks with your memory slots. Plus, "mana" is the catch-all meter for fueling your skills - and it's regen is Intelligence based.

Also also, it seems unlikely that any gear directly buffs any stat; some aspect, sure - you might find a piece that enhances mana regen, for example - but given how emphatically the devs are limiting stat growth, I doubt you'll find any that boosts them.

(and, yeah, the above example is a spitball one to done for numbers, not an expectation, but...still thought it needed to be said)

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@myux said in A Point of Concern: "Horizontal Progression":

Yeah, if the longevity and population of the game wasn't something to worry about I wouldn't mind gear and other items being unimportant either. This is only really a topic worth your time if you're actively wanting to help the PvP/PK scene.

Here's the thing: Longevity of an MMO isn't solely tied to PvP/PK. It might be a part of it, but that's not the core factor in it.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured