im a bit worried about full loot system in term of pvp

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Don't get too attached to your shinies i s'pose ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Play in safe zones and chose to be a demon if you are worried about losing something important on pvp

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@kairosval you mean don't design good gear for pvp because no body gonna use it 😄

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@evolgrinz from what i know and see in videos , the viable resources you carry it on wagon not in your pocket , so corps will still remain useless because everyone use worst gear to minimize the lost effort to get this gear

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Gear will not be to hard to recreate. That is the point of Fractured MMO.

You can lose your gear yes, but if you do it's just the matter of using few resources to create new gear. Setback will only be a bit of time needed to get back to your craft station (or to storage if you have spare gear prepared) and then back to where you want to go.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@gothix well you bring me to my original point , which means gear will be useless in this game and meaningless , infact if you kill guy and drop trash loot the same loot you wear that takes short time to get in that case there is no fun in it , why ? because once you die you lose all your trash gear so you will leave the battle and try craft new gear , and for the guy who killed you he will not use this trash loot at all and just throw it away , so its lose lose situation , so why don't remove this loot system instead and make armor teir that you can craft by killing players instead ? so only thing you drop is your materials for example when you die but not your gear to make gear mean something rather than everyone wear copper/easy gear to craft

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@omarxz11 Because the game is based around risk and reward with no grind in it. If you dont want to have a chance to lose anything play as a beastkin and your chances of that are reduced dramatically as long as you stay within safe zones.

• @omarxz11 said in im a bit worried about full loot system in term of pvp:

which means gear will be useless in this game and meaningless

I don't know how people keep arriving at this conclusion. If all gear gave +100 stats but different gear just had different distributions of stats, all gear would be equal but still have such a huge effect on your build that you would be insane to not equip gear or to not equip the right gear for your build.

infact if you kill guy and drop trash loot the same loot you wear that takes short time to get in that case there is no fun in it , why ? because once you die you lose all your trash gear so you will leave the battle and try craft new gear , and for the guy who killed you he will not use this trash loot at all and just throw it away , so its lose lose situation

If the only reason you killed someone is to take their gear, and they're using shitty gear, then you're making some questionable decisions.

so why don't remove this loot system instead and make armor teir that you can craft by killing players instead ? so only thing you drop is your materials

Because losing gear is a huge part of the player economy and will likely be the primary gold sink. One of things that has allowed Eve to successfully combat inflation is the fact that the ships people put all their money, resources, and effort into get permanently destroyed.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@miffi (Because the game is based around risk and reward with no grind in it) i never mention grind , also find rare materials to craft good armor =/= grind , also i only play demons to kill people and take their loot but what is the point of this system like i said before if he wear trash armor and i wear trash armor ? thats not a risk nor reward system there is no risk in craft trash materials nor reward in loot trash material , also if you read the title you will see in pvp not pve peaceful tigers

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@target

-I don't know how people keep arriving at this conclusion. If all gear gave +100 stats but different gear just had different distributions of stats, all gear would be equal but still have such a huge effect on your build that you would be insane to not equip gear or to not equip the right gear for your build

remember when i said its lose lose situation you just prove me right , it will be lose for me to keep fight in battle naked which means i will just have abandon the battle in first death , and its no fun for guy who killing me because the mage i killed have +100 intelligent and i am warrior and i won't use it , and lets say i wear my armor give me +100 physical protection and i killed warrior who also wear +100 physical protect, what i win ? you lose your gear and i didn't get any reward its just same gear i wear

-If the only reason you killed someone is to take their gear, and they're using shitty gear, then you're making some questionable decisions

if you think someone hide his gear by costume AND you still think people moving around with best gear in the game and they know they can get gank anytime then you have questionable thinking.

-Because losing gear is a huge part of the player economy and will likely be the primary gold sink. One of things that has allowed Eve to successfully combat inflation is the fact that the ships people put all their money, resources, and effort into get permanently destroyed.

i don't know what you mean by that and didn't played eve before

• @omarxz11 said in im a bit worried about full loot system in term of pvp:

its no fun for guy who killing me because the mage i killed have +100 intelligent and i am warrior and i won't use it , and lets say i wear my armor give me +100 physical protection and i killed warrior who also wear +100 physical protect, what i win ? you lose your gear and i didn't get any reward its just same gear i wear

You can still sell their gear. And you're still describing a self inflicted problem; why are you killing people for their gear if you don't even want their gear? If you want a reward for PKing, then find someone transporting resources.

people moving around with best gear in the game

There is no best gear in the game, gear progression horizontal. The closest it might get is "best gear for your build."

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Store looted gear to your storage. Next time when you get killed and looted, you will not need to recraft the gear, you will use one you have in storage.

If it's not the type of gear you need, sell it and buy the type you need.

Duh... some people...

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

PK someone >Pick all the gear > dismantle all the gear > stock the mats > get pked > go home > pick the mats stocked > craft new gear > PK someone (repeat)

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@omarxz11 As someone pointed out its still a problem you've induced on yourself. You are going after people that you dont want the gear of, therefore you get gear you do not want. They said gear wont have a huge effect on gameplay, but that doesnt mean it wont have any. I'm sure there will be some gear that is marginally better than others. Its the same as any other survival game, if you dont want to lose gear you wont wear it but then you also lose its advantage by not using it. Its simply a managing area of the game. If you dont like it then this game most likely isnt for you as it is a core function, its not something that will change, especially because a minority wants it.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

You know what's hilarious? How totally ass-backwards this "waaah we need good items for PVP to be worthwhile" argument is.

If you're playing PVP in order to get gear or resources, then you're playing crappy PVP or playing it for the wrong reasons. You're just grinding, except instead of grinding on foxes and goblins, you're grinding on players.

That's why Albion is such shit. The gameplay is not enjoyable in and of itself (PVP or otherwise) and the only motivation to keep playing it is a Skinner box-like ego trip.

You play a game because it's fun. If PVP is fun, who gives a shit what items you get from it.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured