NPC'S AGE ?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

when i read the featured spotlight #2, it mentioned about ''time cycles''. So i want to ask if time passes, will the NPCs(except gods or special NPCs) get older ? I think it will be cool because we can see how the children grow up, how the elder pass so that we can meet and talk to various people, listen to their stories to enjoy the entire game. For example, when a year in the real world passes means 10 years in the game, a child may grow up to a strong warrior, a knowledge explorer and also a powerful wizard :). That's it, so what do you think, i hope you guys understand my opinion 🙂
    p/s: sorry for my bad english :))

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

watch the video. They mention animals age! Though I'm not sure about town citizens.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@ceasarbarion I totally agree. That could be more immersive but who knows how hard will be generate such a system. Aging is a cool feature to give more vitality and as I said here I hope to see the lands super populated with npcs.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@finland yeah i know it will be very hard to build such a big and various system like that. But i will improve player's enjoyment and the entertainment of the game

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

That would be a great job out of reach of any company and even a big challenge for the big ones, it's a good idea but as in everything you need financing and from that a great effort on the part of the team executing and giving life to a great history

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@baslak It doesn't have to be an usual update, they can do it maybe once in 3-5 years or maybe 10 years :). Well it will depend on if the game has many people play it or not. but if it's possible, i hope they will develop the idea.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@ceasarbarion
    even with all that it's a great job in which it will take a couple of months to develop the story or in many more in the characters, but in the future there is a game this big

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@baslak Just like i said, it depends on the future 🙂

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I doubt it.

Animals getting "older" isn't a unique feature to Fractured, there are other games with similar mechanics. It isn't there for immersion either - it has an effect on experience and loot quality.

NPC aging would just clutter up the game and in the worst case completely break immersion because every NPC couple would need to generate exactly two children to maintain the original NPCs' functions and not destabilize the world population. It would add nothing and damage a lot.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Aging characters might be a big feature for a small studio, but maybe add the possibility to make old and/or fat characters. To few games have that possibility, while it is fun to watch ingame. Some have a really extended character creation, but all characters are elvish looking 20year old professional foto models or something.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@benseine said in NPC'S AGE ?:

Aging characters might be a big feature for a small studio, but maybe add the possibility to make old and/or fat characters. To few games have that possibility, while it is fun to watch ingame. Some have a really extended character creation, but all characters are elvish looking 20year old professional foto models or something.

When you mod Elder Scrolls to have bimbo bodies, all the old lady NPCs get bimbo bodies too. It's kind of terrible

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@fibs Some NPC doesn't have a real function, so I don't know if it's really important if they don't have any children, or at least one. A city population can change, they could be a bit more on year, and a bit less the next year (sure, for some NPC's like blacksmith, and others, they need to have at least one child, or they have not, they disappear, and another blacksmith take his place)

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@esher said in NPC'S AGE ?:

@fibs Some NPC doesn't have a real function, so I don't know if it's really important if they don't have any children, or at least one. A city population can change, they could be a bit more on year, and a bit less the next year (sure, for some NPC's like blacksmith, and others, they need to have at least one child, or they have not, they disappear, and another blacksmith take his place)

I would be pretty frustrated with the rapidly changing town layouts and NPCs myself, and it would make no sense unless my character was immortal.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@FibS The changements can be pretty slow. But now you talk about the characters age, yes, it could be strange to see NPC's change and not you, just because you can't, unless you must start again with a new character when yours is too old, and that could be frustrating

• Community Manager

@ceasarbarion Prometheus answered your question in the livestream right

. NPCs will not age in Fractured.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@specter Wow thanks, I didn't know he answered my question. That helps a lot

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

maybe add the possibility to make old and/or fat characters.

As long as we are realistic and too fat characters will not be able to pass through all the doors (cave entrances). 😛

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix said in NPC'S AGE ?:

maybe add the possibility to make old and/or fat characters.

As long as we are realistic and too fat characters will not be able to pass through all the doors (cave entrances). 😛

I hope so, the game has player collision, I will make a fat old tank to block cave entrances on purpose 😛

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured