ℹ Info | NPCs, Environment and Vitality

• TF#6 - Diplomat

Heya, What did you expect from a MMO in terms of vitality? I know that's early to talk about everything but I like to talk about what I expect from the game. Well the first thing I see it's missing in every sandbox, it's the vitality. I would like to see many City and Villages and not just empty areas with resources or mobs to kill. I would like to see more interaction by the NPC. Something like NPCs that goes "gather resources" or caravans of merchants moving between cities. Guards patroling streets between cities. I would like to see Cities and Villages more populated with npcs and guards patroling around and interacting with each other. Social interaction between players and NPCs inside a city or in openworld. Kinda bored of static things. Lately I see game's with some npcs in the main city but they are static npc inside a shop. The city does not feel alive. Npcs vitality makes the game more alive.

Don't forget to leave a like to this thread. Thank you ♡
    Greetings, Finland!

• TF#7 - Ambassador

I think Fractured will work like that. In an other thread, Prometheus mentioned something about AI trading with each other. (https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/post/17590). I too hope the cities will feel lively, and not static. 😛 It's great for immersion.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

i always think this game would become a PoE mod for Fallout 4

• TF#7 - Ambassador

Sure, more vitality in cities could be fun ! There is some games with NPC wandering in the city, or discussing between them, but you can't interact with them all. I don't know if it's really useful to interact with all of the citizens/guards of a city, especially if she's huge. But yes, it could be fun if you some more actions doing by the NPC, just to feel the city is alive ^^

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@finland You are my soulmate 😄
    Its a nice idea and I would be really happy if that will take a place in the game.
    I dont know how commplicatet it will be but I think it should not use that much Ressources to place in an interaktionscript for NPC doesnt it?

• TF#6 - Diplomat

@esher said in ℹ Info | NPCs, Environment and Vitality:

Sure, more vitality in cities could be fun ! There is some games with NPC wandering in the city, or discussing between them, but you can't interact with them all. I don't know if it's really useful to interact with all of the citizens/guards of a city, especially if she's huge. But yes, it could be fun if you some more actions doing by the NPC, just to feel the city is alive ^^

I mean social interaction like if the NPCs meets you around they will greething you and tell you something.

• TF#8 - General Ambassador

@traumsucher said in ℹ Info | NPCs, Environment and Vitality:

(...)I think it should not use that much Ressources to place in an interaktionscript for NPC doesnt it?

I fear that I've got bad news for you. AI (Artificial Intelligence, what you call 'Interactionscript' is one of the (if not the) most resource intense functionality in an MMORPG, which is why games usually try to minimize this effect through putting every NPC that is not within proximity of a player to 'sleep'. You might want to try and take a look at Screeps , which is the only persistent multiplayer game currently on the market (they are EXTREMELY open about their server structure and business model, which is why they are such a great comparison for the resources required) and the Serverfoundations of Chronicles of Elyria, who had to reconsider using SpatialOS because of the upkeep cost for AI.

Please do not get me wrong, I'm a hundred percent behind @Finland when he wants the world to feel alive (that goal is one of the three reasons I backed Chronicles of Elyria) and I hope that Fractured can manage this to an extent as well, but I am equally well aware of the cost associated with this and the pricing model of SpatialOS.

• TF#7 - Ambassador

@finland said in ℹ Info | NPCs, Environment and Vitality:

Heya, What did you expect from a MMO in terms of vitality? I know that's early to talk about everything but I like to talk about what I expect from the game. Well the first thing I see it's missing in every sandbox, it's the vitality. I would like to see many City and Villages and not just empty areas with resources or mobs to kill. I would like to see more interaction by the NPC. Something like NPCs that goes "gather resources" or caravans of merchants moving between cities. Guards patroling streets between cities. I would like to see Cities and Villages more populated with npcs and guards patroling around and interacting with each other. Social interaction between players and NPCs inside a city or in openworld. Kinda bored of static things. Lately I see game's with some npcs in the main city but they are static npc inside a shop. The city does not feel alive. Npcs vitality makes the game more alive.

Don't forget to leave a like to this thread. Thank you ♡
    Greetings, Finland!

i dont expect this many mellow NPCs in the early alpha but i hope for them in the relesed game
    NPCs semms useless but they are the one who make the world "lively"

• TF#7 - Ambassador

It could be a certain percentage of NPC who can make somme interactions. For example, if there is a farmer far in his field, maybe it's useless to make him interact with the player because there is some chances no one will try to talk to him, the same for somebody on the balcony of his house, to high to speak with. But NPC can wandering and stop at some locations and do something (ex, awoman who stop at a shop to buy a salad and some potatoes). We can hear them talking, or seeing them do their stuff,but, it's maybe useless to make them all possible to interact with (I don't if you understand and if I turn around the pot, as we say in french, or not >< )

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@logain Oh ... I didnt know that^^
    But I have nearly no clue about programming and that stuff xD

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I feel like the game is going to be quite flexible in every aspect and the no leveling thing is quite interesting too, i think those are the main points of interest of every or most players coming into the game. The game is diferent than every other title from the MMO genre but is still true to it.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

hope we can train NPCs to make them guards too

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Most importantly can we kill these wandering npcs

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Ildirettore i don't think, as cities are sanctuaries so humans can't kill noces on human planet

• TF#6 - Diplomat

@ildirettore yea in both cities/villages and open areas. But when you attack a npc it must be notified by an allarm sound + chat messages. This way players and npc guards will move to the spot.

• TF#6 - Diplomat

@ioracle I was talking to populate with npc also open ares not only the cities.

Copyright © 2018 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured