Suggestion about hunger/thirst

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@fibs I agree. I prefer to squirt the ketchup directly into my mouth.

as for the coffee I guess we will just have to agree to disagree (even if you are wrong 🙂 )

@benseine said in Suggestion about hunger/thirst:

Don't add food and drinks to the game to add all kinds of buffs, so it becomes part of meta. Have food and drinks to get ridd of debuffs that are part of the survival elements ingame. That would be awesome and unique compared to all other mmorpg's out there!
    Waiting for a dev blog about survival elements...

there can be buffs for a multitude of things. they don't have to be big enough to be needed as a resource or those that do grant enough require more resources than items after crafting.
    food can give the feeling of warmth in cold environments, it can regenerate HP/MP/Energy or other resources (can be small like 1-5 points over a minute), it can improve individual abilities (though it wouldn't be a good lore reason but 'magic').

DS could limit quantity consumed or hurt those that consume too much which makes the character lazy or tired.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Currently suggesting that Demons, Abominations, and any hypothetical demon-humans, must drink coffee black (to match their souls) while everybody else must drink it with something in it

• Wiki Editor

Like @Gibbx said, if the gods wanted to taste coffee like milk and sugar they had give them the flavor 😛

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@kralith said in Suggestion about hunger/thirst:

Like @Gibbx said, if the gods wanted to taste coffee like milk and sugar they had give them the flavor

Did the gods brew your coffee for you? No? Then I guess you should eat the beans raw lol

@fibs said in Suggestion about hunger/thirst:

Like @Gibbx said, if the gods wanted to taste coffee like milk and sugar they had give them the flavor

Did the gods brew your coffee for you? No? Then I guess you should eat the beans raw lol

if we go by that then nothing shall be cooked!

I wouldn't mind seeing simi-realistic diet for species. I couldn't see my demon living on apples because they're the only food for x buff/regen.

@fibs yes the gods brew my divine coffee every morning. I am going to fetch some now.

• Wiki Editor

My gods cook my coffee every morning, because i'm terrible mooded, before i was drinking two of them! 😄
    They know it's better to care for me this way, otherwise it would end in an apocalypse. 😉

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

As long as its not a burden but a fun thing to deal with and pay attention to, it can't go wrong.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@fibs said in Suggestion about hunger/thirst:

The gods gave us iron. We've smelted it into steel and forged it into blades. The gods gave us coffee. Some brew it, and have it black, while other prefer a milder taste. I like both. Unlike swords. I only like my sword sharp! It needs to match my wits and temper!

• Wiki Editor

Hey @Darian but sharp swords kill fast, not sharped swords hurts more 😉

Well, i like more a kind of magic to be unique.
    All this kind of magic thats not obvisious, like the might of coffee 😄
    I don't remember who said it, but i heared once by a wise human, that this waving with branches or staffs and this funny colorful effects is just for the people who want to see magic, but its not needed to operate real magic.
    So i just stay and drink my coffee and smirk.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@kralith Some kill for pleasure, indeed. Most of us though, at least so I hope, only kill out of necessity. Therefore, if it has to be done, it should be swift and cause little pain. None if possible! Let's call it, warrior's mercy. Besides, for practical purposes, if you don't disable your opponent really fast, you give him more time to fight back. I've seen plenty of arrogant officers "gracefully" stab their opponent in the chest with their nimble blades, all the way through to the guard, only to receive a skull shattering after-blow to the face. The officer fell dead on the spot, while the poor stabbed bastard kept fighting for a couple dozen seconds before his lungs collapsed and he fell breathless, face down, into the blood-soaked mud. None was victorious. None had gain! Yet both their families mourn today!

• Wiki Editor

Yes @Darian , kill fast if you need to kill should be the sense of everyone who need to kill.

But there are surely moments, where you want that your enemy has to be hurted a looong looong time.
    Not for pleasure, but for revenge.

However, we should move this discuss since the topic here is Hunger/Thirst.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

However, we should move this discuss since the topic here is Hunger/Thirst.

Slow, agonizing ways to die, aren't they?

• Wiki Editor

You are absolutely TRUE!!! 😮
    I totally forgot about this way to kill!
    Hmm... maybe Hunger/Thirst could be a part of punishing system in PVP.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

or maybe blood can be a part of punishing system in PVP, when u kill a player on spot u are in this player blood. and then monster can smell you , from great distance.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@polios3 i'f we're into speculating... how about having really bad seasons where food is scarce, and driven by hunger, players will wage war against neighboring settlements to raid and pillage? Sadly, i doubt it will happen since if you make food & drinks vital, many will complain the game is no longer fun.

I'd agree that w do not need too many "pain in the ass" mechanics. Game is supposed to be relaxing and fun.

• Wiki Editor

@Darian Ohh i would totally appreciate it, if such a system (Weather Catastrophes, Diseases ...) would get implemented.
    That would make the game later much more interesting in its sandbox element.
    I know games where it works very well. But i also think, it should be something for later, means as some Update after the first gamesteps are made.
    And yes, some player would not like it, but i'm very sure, that many others would love it to have some random factor, where you not be able to count anymore like "if i do step1, step2, step2 and wait for exact 5 hours and 3 minutes, then i have guaranteed 54 superfoodUberBuffs". Because the last would make a game totally boring.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

demons shouldn't need to eat or drink.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured