Feature Spotlight - New Continent

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I am not sure what to think about this travel cost between continents. Technically it is not a fast travel because there is no other way move between these two locations. One core idea of the game is to gather resources from different planets and continents and then trade those at locations which lack these specific resources. Now that news says that you should not travel with raw materials because it will cost you.. How much? Trading still profitable? I understand huge costs when actually using fast travel, for example, using ship between two towns in Myr instead of traveling by riding. I understand that there can be small traveling fee, working as a gold sink, but why it should actually cost a lot?

In that same article it says that only finished products should travel between continents.
    Those crafts that require raw materials from both continents will come at a premium though.

• Content Creator

@Tuoni One of the things you may have missed in previous articles is that the game is in need of some Gold Sinks. Travel, like to other Continents/Worlds is one of the planned Gold Sinks to keep Gold relevant in Fractured.

It has been argued back and forth about how they maintain the valuation of Gold when there aren't enough gold sinks in the system to create a pressing need. Like in any market, you create value by rarifying some items on the market itself. If you have to pay a substantial gold price to move certain materials from one Continent/World to another in order to complete certain craft recipes, the results of said recipes will thus have a far greater value to compensate for the cost to attain/gather and thus it will stimulate and help maintain the Player Driven Economy that is a cornerstone of Fractured's design.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

that i could agree with. Hopefully the guild has a chapter house or w/e the equivalent is on the beast world at least.

All accounts can be citiziens of one town on Arboreus, one on Syndesia, one on Tartaros.
    So yes, multi planetary guilds are 100% a thing.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@Tuoni
    Note that 1k coins represent 10-40min of mob grind depending on your skill/gear/abilities/friends.
    It is not a substantial amount and should not be a major limiting factor.

With more players around those rates will be lower, but in general 1000 gold isn't that huge of a sum.

I would like to note that 1000g is also minimum, basically naked character without anything with him/her. On top of that player needs to pay for gear and resources gathered. Additionally, that payment is most likely one way ticket and therefore, needs to be paid twice in most cases.

@GamerSeuss said in Feature Spotlight - New Continent:

@Tuoni One of the things you may have missed in previous articles is that the game is in need of some Gold Sinks. Travel, like to other Continents/Worlds is one of the planned Gold Sinks to keep Gold relevant in Fractured.

It has been argued back and forth about how they maintain the valuation of Gold when there aren't enough gold sinks in the system to create a pressing need. Like in any market, you create value by rarifying some items on the market itself. If you have to pay a substantial gold price to move certain materials from one Continent/World to another in order to complete certain craft recipes, the results of said recipes will thus have a far greater value to compensate for the cost to attain/gather and thus it will stimulate and help maintain the Player Driven Economy that is a cornerstone of Fractured's design.

Yeah I acknowledge the gold sink need, and traveling costs are off course one good way. However, I suggest devs to monitor how these costly fees affects the UX because if the high costs mostly annoys players and prevents them to explore and has no other needs than work as a gold sink, then trying to find other sinks could be reasonable option.

Economy plays a huge part of Fractured and it will need a lot of iteration, additionally, it cannot be tested properly until all the planned content for the game is implemented. Therefore, at this point it is actually quite hard to say how everything plays out. However, I am a little bit consered about the travel costs that IF those are high that will not encourage players to explore the game world.

• Content Creator

@Tuoni Actually, to the contrary, expensive travel costs will motivate the higher end players who've accumulated vast fortunes to go out and travel and thus show off their ability to diversify in gear and products for sale at their Marketplaces. It will become a status symbol, and only make traveling more appealing.

In addition to that, high travel costs will mean that less straight gankers will be at these other locations as it will be hard to maintain their travel expenses if they are just gankers. They will at minimum need to go out and gather some money more legitimately, or be very successful at Ganking on the main continent.

Like with anything, what discourages one player, encourages another, so it will remain to be seen. I really don't think they will get to the point that travel will cost so much that most 1 year or older players can't easily afford a semi-regular trip, even with supplies carried.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@Tuoni
    In the last alphas people thought nothing of paying 3k to use fast travel to move carts full of food and other resources long distances instead of moving them by hand. The cost to go between continents will not be a big factor and traders will just pass the savings on to their customers.

@GamerSeuss
    Gankers will be at a huge disadvantage already as no-one will need to travel with coins since global banking and global wallet are no longer top tier tech but universal.

@GamerSeuss said in Feature Spotlight - New Continent:

@Tuoni Actually, to the contrary, expensive travel costs will motivate the higher end players who've accumulated vast fortunes to go out and travel and thus show off their ability to diversify in gear and products for sale at their Marketplaces. It will become a status symbol, and only make traveling more appealing.

In addition to that, high travel costs will mean that less straight gankers will be at these other locations as it will be hard to maintain their travel expenses if they are just gankers. They will at minimum need to go out and gather some money more legitimately, or be very successful at Ganking on the main continent.

Like with anything, what discourages one player, encourages another, so it will remain to be seen. I really don't think they will get to the point that travel will cost so much that most 1 year or older players can't easily afford a semi-regular trip, even with supplies carried.

I agree that it can motivate the high end players but I am more worry about the average players. It is true that it may decrease number of gankers, however, a good amount of them lives on the continent already and focus to gank on their area. 😉 I want to address that I do not suggest any changes at this point, I just hope this will be monitored closely by devs during the testing. In addition, we will see what kind of feedback devs will get from players.

1. can crystals be mined only on arboreus or are there any special ones on it?
    2. Why does the whole news say that these are new territories of Sindesia, if this is a new continent not related to Sindesia?
    3. FEATURE SPOTLIGHT is an analysis of the mechanics of the game, not a new continent, since the continent is content, not mechanics

• Content Creator

@muker Aerhen is part of Syndesia, just a new continent and not Myr.

Arborea, Tartarus, and Asteroids have not been implemented yet.

Thus, the new Continent is new territory.

Also, a lot of people include Content into 'Featuers' and thus, new content is also a good fit for a feature spotlight.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured