Upgradable Pets

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Razvan said in Upgradable Pets:

@Jetah
    Well, they are too small to take a noticeable area off the screen, but you are right. 🙂
    Anyway, I was just addressing the point raised by Farlander that extra cosmetic pets cause lag - it shouldn't be the case because adding a cosmetic pet only increases the size of sent packages by a tiny amount. Combat pets on the other hand...

i've always had issues with fire causing fps issues.

• @Jetah Well, you said yourself: that's fps drop, not lag. 😛

I personally hope we will have an option to remove visuals of other players combat pets client side, if people will be able to have more than one.

I really dislike seeing swarm of things moving around (player followed by zerg of animals).

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Love all the ideas but hopefully pet is cosmetic only. Balancing would be big issue if they are combat as well.

@Jetah Well, you said yourself: that's fps drop, not lag. 😛

to me they're the same when they happen! i've never had latency issues with games, i've only had fps issues which to me is much worse. in regard to particle effects being an issue.

• @Jetah
    FPS drop is cause by client's hardware (so, it can be solve by upgrading your PC or lowering graphics), while lag is caused by the server: think of games going f2p and getting a huge influx of players that the server can't handle. As a client, there's nothing you can do to make it better.

@Jetah
    FPS drop is cause by client's hardware (so, it can be solve by upgrading your PC or lowering graphics), while lag is caused by the server: think of games going f2p and getting a huge influx of players that the server can't handle. As a client, there's nothing you can do to make it better.

i'm aware. i'm just saying that i rarely experience latency issues unless the servers are being ddox. i remember 15-20 years ago where this was a problem. um.. so I remember 25 years ago when this was a problem because of dialup.

Hopefully players will be able to set in options an extent of particle effects as well. Or if not I hope they are not korean disco style, but normal moderate effect.

@Nyquil44 There are both cosmetic and combat pets from what I understand.

I saw some mention of collision between players. Hopefully cosmetic pets will not block movement. That is as much a concern for the person with the pets as the ones around them. I always hated having to command the mule to move in UO so I could move through a door lol.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Didn't we reach a conclusion that it would not be hordes of pets? Where each summoned pet takes away from a counter of some kind, similar to attacks taking energy and whatnot? Or was that another game, everything I follow gets muddied together. Especially when one sits on the backburner haha

@Pluto said in Upgradable Pets:

Didn't we reach a conclusion that it would not be hordes of pets? Where each summoned pet takes away from a counter of some kind, similar to attacks taking energy and whatnot? Or was that another game, everything I follow gets muddied together. Especially when one sits on the backburner haha

You can have 1 cosmetic pet, and a maximum of 3 combat pets if you have your charisma at max level.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured