Spring Alpha Major Release #2

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi all!

The second major release of the Spring Alpha has arrived, featuring:

• The much awaited respec of character attributes and city researches;
    • The Siege Workshop - prepare your catapults for the upcoming city sieges!
    • New functionalities for the world map: view territory and view nations;
    • Massive client performance improvements on asset loading: it should be now 2x or even 3x faster!
    • Some changes to bounty hunting and a few bug fixes.

Read the full announcement

Get your catapults ready, Governors... City warfare is coming!

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Thanks for the bug fix to enchanting scholar robes...
    Of course now I have to go and do another test of it to see what the new odds are XD
    Thanks for the new flexibility ! I hope it breathes some more activity into this last bit of the alpha.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Not bad! Keep it up. 👍

• Wiki Editor

Okay, i am very curious how the changes will work and if they are bug free 😉

As for:

"The attributes of a character can be changed once per week for free. In the future we are planning to offer each character one free respec, while the following are going to be paid options (with limited frequency of use!)."

I am not quite sure, if i like this simple respec feature. (Of course the future ones, the ones for Alpha are okay.)
    I would more see it as an ingame effort to be able to change the character values with things you are doing. Like using the stats that you want to raise and not using the stats that you want to lower.
    But well, as long it has a very very strong restriction i am fine with your decision.

"The famous dry river of Fractured now has water"

I will just believe it, when i see it! 😂

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Good work! Keep it up 🙂

one free respec, while the following are going to be paid options

Paid with in-game currency or is this the heralding of non-cosmetic microtransactions?

• DymStudios - CEO

@Psymantis said in Spring Alpha Major Release #2:

Paid with in-game currency or is this the heralding of non-cosmetic microtransactions?

It's going to be microtransaction and it's one we've always openly stated it would eventually exist 🙂

@Prometheus said in Spring Alpha Major Release #2:

@Psymantis said in Spring Alpha Major Release #2:

It's going to be microtransaction and it's one we've always openly stated it would eventually exist 🙂

Is there a list of non-cosmetic microtransactions that might be implemented? I've read of a mention in a video of a possibility of convenience items before but this is the first specific thing I've seen.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Can we get doors that animals cant walk through Please. Go afk in a building that you think is closed up and u get attacked by wolves and bears.

@Kralith said in Spring Alpha Major Release #2:

(...)as long it has a very very strong restriction i am fine with your decision(...)

What strong restrictions? It's 'just real life money' that's the restriction?
    Well, it was likely that theses kind of microtransactions would come, so I can simply shrug and be a little sad inside.

I'm looking forward to building siege weapons.

• Wiki Editor

@Logain said in Spring Alpha Major Release #2:

@Kralith said in Spring Alpha Major Release #2:

(...)as long it has a very very strong restriction i am fine with your decision(...)

What strong restrictions? It's 'just real life money' that's the restriction?
    Well, it was likely that theses kind of microtransactions would come, so I can simply shrug and be a little sad inside.

I'm looking forward to building siege weapons.

They already said in the past, that it will be probably a paid option. So i am not surprised.
    But what i mean are not the paid option, but the restrictions in how far the Stat-Change is going and how often you are able to do that.
    Maybe also Restrictions like that your character, where you want to change the stats wasn't involved in any PVP action in the past 48 hours, to prevent the fast switching of PVP affecting actions.

But you are right, if you think, it should not be a paid option at all.
    My wish is still that it is something you can work for ingame and that it will be a long term changing that you can get for actions ingame. I already mentioned something like using stuff, that increase your stats over time while decreasing other stats you don't use for performed actions.

You guys are amazing, glad to see you still going strong!! Rock on!!!

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Just did a large batch of crafting and over 177 items the stated odds of 40/60 split held true, though there were certainly some big dry spots - for the first third of the test run the good: excellent ratio was 2:1
    Good patch.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured