Player bounty boards (PVP)

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@benseine said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

@fibs said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

No please. I've played games with bounty boards and they are always heavily exploited to grief players by repeatedly setting frivolous bounties on them over and over.

Maybe only allow to set a bounty by the killers victims. So once you got killed by someone you get the revenge option to set a bounty on the killer for one time. He killed you 3 times? You have 3 opportunities to set a bounty on him.

^ This is a good way of applying it. It can still be abused I'm sure but it does limit the degree of it. I have to agree that the point of a bounty is for criminals and those who have malicious intent. Doesnt make sense to have a bounty on someone who is not of that nature.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

No please. I've played games with bounty boards and they are always heavily exploited to grief players by repeatedly setting frivolous bounties on them over and over.

Maybe only allow to set a bounty by the killers victims. So once you got killed by someone you get the revenge option to set a bounty on the killer for one time. He killed you 3 times? You have 3 opportunities to set a bounty on him.

Only if good alingnment will be not considered killers for killing evil people! Otherwise I prefer and evil alignment restriction like I said before.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@finland said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

@jetah said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

@ildirettore

but it's boring any other way. If I want to put a bounty on someone I should be able to do it. regardless of their alignment.

I don't like it. That could be an excuse to to kill innocents! Try to think pkers that starts no sense bounty vs beastmen just to have fun, to eat fresh meat! I dislike it totally, I would accept it only to punish assassins and so on (so evil alignment).

if i don't like you i can put a bounty on you. what's stopping beastkin from putting bounties on demons and humans? absolutely nothing. matter of fact I'd be willing to bet that the beastkin will be wealthier than human or demon counterparts because of the non-pvp areas. Bounties shouldn't be limited to an alignment. it should be allowed on all or not exist.

@vengu said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

@ildirettore

but it's boring any other way. If I want to put a bounty on someone I should be able to do it. regardless of their alignment.

Bounty systems are used to punish players, putting bounties on innocents doesn't make sense and would just turn it into a pointless griefing mechanic. What's stopping you from simply paying demons to kill beastmen, if you like that so much? You don't need a bounty mechanic for that.

bounties are used to get retribution/revenge. If you scammed me and you are good aligned I'd have no recourse but if I could place a bounty on you, you'd think twice about trying to scam me.

I've said on this thread, there are no innocents. by existing in the game you know full well that PvP that can happen and will happen.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

A bounty is generally set to find a wanted criminal, so there should be some requirement (or feasible excuse) to set a bounty on a given player. Naturally, that requirement would vary by planet; e.g. demons don't give a #*!% and demon bounty boards can be set on pretty much anybody.

But you should not be able to type in random names until you get someone. There should be some kind of familiarity-checker that only lets you set bounties on characters you've actually interacted with / your character knows exist or who are recognized by the town the board is in, such as a local menace or criminal kingpin.

Secondly, you should be required to make an excuse for what the bounty is for, again depending on the planet. Arboreus boards would have the strictest requirements (if Arboreus had any boards at all) and Tartaros boards would have the loosest.

Bounties would not supercede existing PVP systems, e.g. a bounty put out on Tartaros for a character on Arboreus would be harder to bag and collect because it's harder to go kill people on Arboreus. Of course, we already know really terrible people won't be able to go to Arboreus freely, so the "bounty community" (both hunters and marks) will be roughly divided by the three planets the way the rest of the community is.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

Only if good alingnment will be not considered killers for killing evil people! Otherwise I prefer and evil alignment restriction like I said before.

Agree

@fibs

you're thinking of a legal reward for the capture of someone. example of FBI's most wanted or crime stoppers. I'm thinking of a bounty that is illegal, one that anyone can place a hit on anyone else with enough money.

if good aligned players are exempt then they'll be the scammers in the city. and they'll get no retaliation because they'll always be good aligned.

• i approve sz

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@fibs

you're thinking of a legal reward for the capture of someone.

That is what bounty means, yes.

I'm thinking of a bounty that is illegal, one that anyone can place a hit on anyone else with enough money.

That is not a bounty, because it isn't sending a bulletin out for any random hitman to just pick up on a whimsy. Hits are always arranged between a person and a specific assassin or hitman association, who will pick a specific agent and assign it. This doesn't need its own system, as players / guilds can just arrange it themselves and it would be regulated by the general pattern that anybody cheating a hitman out of money is going to be the next target.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@loxreaten said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

Bounty boards should be created, but game controlled. Your bounty increases for how many laws you break and don't pay actions for them I guess.

That can totally fit at the human planet and the justice system it will have

• TF#10 - CONSUL

if i don't like you i can put a bounty on you. what's stopping beastkin from putting bounties on demons and humans? absolutely nothing. matter of fact I'd be willing to bet that the beastkin will be wealthier than human or demon counterparts because of the non-pvp areas. Bounties shouldn't be limited to an alignment. it should be allowed on all or not exist.

Hahahaha no man alignment is the way! Only evil play as pker/ganker so would be absolutly fair to haunt them. You have to make it realistic if you mind to implement a bounty system and there is nothing realistic to put a bounty on players that have not done a single bad action. But to solve it we could have an automatic system that will set the bounty every time a pk/ganker kills someone (except in tartaros).

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

it's so good

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I believe that anyone should be able to set the bounty. The real thing is who can afford it. Most likely guilds would pool money together or rich merchants would put forth alot of commision due to people trying to kill them and steal their wares.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@fibs

if good aligned players are exempt then they'll be the scammers in the city. and they'll get no retaliation because they'll always be good aligned.

Well the difference here is that you were present and looking for a trade. You were involved in the transaction and its unlikely your that stupid to not see numbers in the trade. And if you dont, well you kinda deserved to get scammed - this applies to everyone. In a bounty system, if you arent an evil aligned you didnt do anything to warrent a bounty except someone just doesnt like you. That isnt a valid reason, thats just griefing. And as Fibs pointed out, thats what a bounty system is; the acquisition of criminals. What you want is an assassination system. Again, thats an evil aligned idea.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@miffi said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

Well the difference here is that you were present and looking for a trade. You were involved in the transaction and its unlikely your that stupid to not see numbers in the trade. And if you dont, well you kinda deserved to get scammed - this applies to everyone. In a bounty system, if you arent an evil aligned you didnt do anything to warrent a bounty except someone just doesnt like you. That isnt a valid reason, thats just griefing. And as Fibs pointed out, thats what a bounty system is; the acquisition of criminals. What you want is an assassination system. Again, thats an evil aligned idea.

Indeed. Bounty system was invented to reduce crime.

@miffi

i disagree because the person can be evil but the character be good. sure there could be some systems in place so a scam is recognized but that doesn't mean it can be seen at the time. good aligned characters may do scams because there's no retribution on them.
    If @Finland was scammed by @FibS then Finland could place a bounty on FibS even if FibS is good. other wise FibS would get away with it unless Finland were to PM a human/demon to kill FibS or post a bounty outside of the game. If Phaethonas could see FibS had a bounty they might reconsider a trade. Now FibS reputation is lowered they'd have to clear the bounty or try to lie about it. If enough people placed a bounty because of the scams then FibS would have to leave and try to scam somewhere else.

People will realize that good aligned people can't have a bounty then they'd start to scam more because there's no retribution.

There are trade ui scams in other games. that last second swap out of an item or change the currency. I've heard about it. In warframe a buyer can PM a seller with the wrong amount of plat (premium currency). sometimes the seller catches it, usually if they have only a few items posted but many don't noticed it till they remove the post from the website.

I've seen Eve have groups that sacrifice a ship with drones to blow up a hauler. the friends warp in and scoop up the goods that survived. A bounty system could be used on all of the members even if they are all in good standing. This actually happened to me a number of years back. I lost 1.5b in 1 hauler.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah You are talking about scams and so on but I'll make it easy! The system should "flag" killers. if a gorup of player will gant a carovan they will be flagged "killers". This way players will be allowed to put a bounty on their heads 😉

Bounty systems requires bad actions! Bad action are ganks/assassinations. (the only way to steal something is to kill someone so thiefs are killers for sure).

@finland i setup a contract for you or your guild to carry goods from beast city 1 to city 4. I also tell my friends when you picked it up. I have them ambush you and take everything. I'm still good aligned so you cant put a bounty on me even if i said i arranged it all.

if it isn't a contract then it's a trade by using chat. point remains that i'm good aligned, you were hit pretty hard and have no method to retaliate on me.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah I don't see the problem. After one year of taking bounties players will understand to stop ambushing trade caravans ;). I don't care to punish the mandator, I care to punish killers. Somehow players will getting mad of taking bonties and will stop work for mandators 😉

If I tell you to cross the road and you die. it's just your own fault 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland i setup a contract for you or your guild to carry goods from beast city 1 to city 4. I also tell my friends when you picked it up. I have them ambush you and take everything. I'm still good aligned so you cant put a bounty on me even if i said i arranged it all.

if it isn't a contract then it's a trade by using chat. point remains that i'm good aligned, you were hit pretty hard and have no method to retaliate on me.

You could never punish people for that. The good-aligned Beastmen are unable to attack each other, and a bounty system won't change that. In fact, I think that the Beastmen are diametrically opposed to such system and if it exists, it won't exist on Arboreus. If you use a Beastmen alt to lure people into an ambush, that's beyond the reach of the build-in punishment systems as the game has no way of knowing you lured people. Also, we don't know yet what the rules regarding scamming will be. Humans and demons can probably scam with impunity, but maybe the devs will apply different rules to Arboreus because the rules there prevent revenge against scammers.

@vengu

you say that like no one has ever been scammed. if there is a way to anyone to scam another it'll be used. don't be so naive. if there's no retaliation, even on Arboreus, the amount of scams will be huge.

I can't see the developers offering 2 systems one for Arboreus and 1 for the other 2 planets.

Sandbox games should have the population setup to handle the affairs of the game with some extreme cases being directed to the developers.

bounties on beastmen could be an attraction for demons and humans to invade. sure the beastkin couldn't do something but that doesn't mean they're completely immune. a bountied beastmen could head to the human planet and be killed thus the bounty is collected.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured