Player bounty boards (PVP)

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@miffi said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

No its not? A bounty system is to hunt down and kill them. The threat just comes with the territory. When the police place a warrant for someone, its not to threaten them, its to capture them and bring punishment.

but we have a justice system with huge penalties with killing. Games don't have that. If a player character was a hardcore character and death was permanent then I'd agree with you.

Even if the bounty system was setup so that the person had to be captured and tried then a friend could still do that. The prize could still be split.

If the bounty was unknown or certain specialization existed to see or uncover the bounty, it could work. example: you place a bounty on me. I never know it. I can't find out I have a bounty.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@darian

While I agree that there should be a criminal element, I also know that griefers can ruin the game for others with little effort.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@jetah said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

@miffi said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

No its not? A bounty system is to hunt down and kill them. The threat just comes with the territory. When the police place a warrant for someone, its not to threaten them, its to capture them and bring punishment.

but we have a justice system with huge penalties with killing. Games don't have that. If a player character was a hardcore character and death was permanent then I'd agree with you.

Even if the bounty system was setup so that the person had to be captured and tried then a friend could still do that. The prize could still be split.

If the bounty was unknown or certain specialization existed to see or uncover the bounty, it could work. example: you place a bounty on me. I never know it. I can't find out I have a bounty.

Could maybe work with the mechanic not being public but still seems pointless if you can just get a friend to kill you. Makes no sense and renders the bounty board useless. It might be better if when the bounty is placed only one person can claim the post and it is then nearly impossible for a friend to take the money. It could also be a personal 1 to 1 contract transaction instead of a board.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Regarding the meaningless of bounties in a system with re-spawn, perhaps it would work if bounties are connected to crimes and they are just the means to bring someone before justice. I'm talking about a system where you get payed for capturing the offender, but then, the offender will be fined a whole lot more for his crimes. This way we avoid the exploit with having a friend collect your bounty. since you really don't want to get caught. Let's say the bounty could be 10% of the fine. The more crimes you commit, the bigger the fine. If you can't afford to pay the fine when caught you could be "sold into slavery" and automatically begin a quest where you are locked into a mine and can only get out once you have delivered a certain amount of gathered materials to the guards. Could be cool... may also add some escape options that are incredibly hard to pull off and would double your sentence should you fail... There are options to make the game fun and immersive while allowing crime to happen without making the game a grieve festival.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured