Playing Solo Possible?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@bawz

I dont really see what could make you see it that way from the comments on the forums.

Realistically speaking you do not need anything but the primitive items at the moment in order to solo everything out there. What you do need is to shift your skill setup, especially for those mobs which are immune to either physical or magical damage (currently the only big issue i see is the whisps and other physical resistant mobs in the middle forest area).

Currently the main thing you cant really do as a complete solo is to craft advanced metal gear. This being said there are other things that you cant do without some interaction with a city as well, like you need to either buy processed leather or have access to a tub for that. And then there is the mage staff which also requires the carpenter shop.

BUT ! There is nothing stopping you from joining a city as a solo and subjecting yourself to some level of interaction with other people. This would give you access to everything you could possible need, and you dont need to really interact or contribute with them in any meaningful way. Just dont be a dick and steal mats out from under peoples noses and all is well and good.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@bawz
    I think ultimately it will be possible to do that, so don't count it out yet. I think all games like this go through phases during testing where they have to find the sweet spot. But ultimately even on the front page they talk about the ability to do those things on your own, so I have every faith it will be possible to be a viable hobo if thats your thing.

• Content Creator

Cities and Nodes are a primary purpose of THIS phase of Alpha Testing.

In Alpha Testing, rarely do you get to test all sides of the dice to see what's what. You need to wait until more Solo-focused content is being tested to judge. Earlier tests, pre-cities were such tests where the soloist had just as much to do as the groups.

As to being a soloist, being a solo player does not mean you never interact with others, it means you don't necessarily join groups or raids. A soloist can still be expected to go into towns and buy items from their trading posts and crafters. Especially items they themselves cannot currently make. As much as I would love to see personal crafting areas in wilderness housing, it doesn't mean I don't understand that such stations do fit better in the narrative in cities.

As a soloist, you will accumulate a lot of gold if you kill humanoids, and as you don't own more than 1 house, and are not beholden to a city, you have very little to spend said gold on out there. Spending gold to buy necessities you can't make yourself is a perfect and historically accurate use of such resources.

Hunters/Furriers out in the North would often catch far more pelts than they themselves could use. About once a month or so, they would bundle their extra pelts and other odds and ends they had gathered and hike into one of the closest cities or at least remote trading posts and trade their excess for things they couldn't produce themselves.

Some crafting benches make perfect sense to be soloist available, like skinning posts and tanning tubs, where others might be considered more the kind of thing that needs to be maintained in a city, like a smithy and smelter. Enchanting tables might fit either one, but require being set up on a natural magic node or something similar, to work properly.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@bawz said in Playing Solo Possible?:

From the devs them selves, its part of the description of the game.

"Gather resources, craft, trade and venture into legendary travels as a solitary hero, or start a settlement with your guild and grow it into the next empire."

Yeah, a solitary hero can gather resources, not all resources though.
    A solitary hero can craft basic items to survive, not the advanced items though.
    A solitary hero can trade every resource they have, to attain resources and items they cannot gather or craft.

Nothing in their description is wrong. People just don't want to accept the "trade" part when considering solo play.

I was going to buy the game, but after reading some comments here, i decided not to, "Solitary Hero" its not really viable it seems.

If you absolutely don't want to interact with other people at ANY level, then this game isn't for you.
    That's like buying an FPS and saying you don't want to play games with guns...

@Manaia that is not true, and annoying, saying to people that a game isn't for them just because they do not have the same style of gameplay as you!
    you probably joined at a recent time, but the developers always said that there will be full access to a solo player, and every game style will be able to play it, only on the 2 last test it was changed.

@GamerSeuss You are correct possibly in the following tests more content will be added for solo players.

@grofire True the reason why I was interested in this game is because all the ways to play would be possible

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured