Clarification on the target audience

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Vengu It's easy! They can turn off by default the pvp on Arboreus and just leave the option to flag for pvp. BUT Flagged can only attack and kill flagged or npcs/mobs. This is how worked on WoW pve or rp servers 😉
    Easy peasy and everyone was happy, a good way to avoid pkers/gankers focus there. And Demons can't not agrue this because they got 1 planet for pvp (lowless) and 1 planet with small restrinctions. So all those that are going to argue this are only those who cares about hurting others.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@finland gibbx didn't 'miss' anything, thanks back up semantics police

@vengu said in Clarification on the target audience:

@finland said in Clarification on the target audience:

@Miffi the point is that @Gibbx missed the fact that all pkers/gankers wanna go kill players on Arboreus ;). Yeas is possible to kill there ;). Hard but possible. They don't care about the demon platent lowless because players mostly wants to kill players to hurt them e let them rage quit (so those who are going to play on demon planet are not so appetizing for pks). best choice is to remove pvp on Arboreus so everyone gets what they want. a planet for fully pvp, one for fully non pvp, and one for both.

Exactly, and this is something that the devs need to understand. All those Demons who want to PK on Arboreus to "kill the carebears", are doing so with the intend to drive them out of the game. Unless the debuff is huge, like 90% stat reduction huge, it's not going to matter. If evil players have their stats debuffed by 5%, and Beastmen get buffed by 5%, that's not enough to make a difference. There's a reason the only hardcore PvP game out there still standing is EVE. Darkfall died like 2 times now, Albion is dying, Mortal Online is a corpse that doesn't know it's dead yet, Runescape shut down Darkscape, etc. Heck, LinkRealms, the game Prometheus worked on, apparently shut down today.

I feared that Arboreus would become a PK hotspot due to its carebear nature, and the comments I've seen the last few days certainly confirm that fear.

also just because we don't LIKE PVP doesn't mean we CANT PVP.

so if you all could stay on point with the topic and get off the semantics then my original though stands. I don't get the OPs point as this game seems to offer something for every gaming style.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

was an answer for

@gibbx said in Clarification on the target audience:

This post confuses me somewhat. Is it not obvious that there is something designed into this game for everyone? A whole >world for PVE'ers where they don't have to worry about being ganked. A whole world for PVP'ers where they can PK to their >hearts content. Guild action for the empire builders. Crafting up the wazoo. Due to the setting catering to the fantasy crowd.
    Did I miss anything?

sorry but you have to worry about gankers 😉

also just because we don't LIKE PVP doesn't mean we CANT PVP.

so if you all could stay on point with the topic and get off the semantics then my original though stands. I don't get the OPs point as this game seems to offer something for every gaming style.

Thank You!

I know there will be people on Aboreus that will pvp and those are the ones i'm looking for. Sure i may kill some others but it's to rally up those that do want to fight.

The game seems to hit the 4 Bartle Types pretty good.

• Killers: interfere with the functioning of the game world or the play experience of other players
    • Achievers: accumulate status tokens by beating the rules-based challenges of the game world
    • Explorers: discover the systems governing the operation of the game world
    • Socializers: form relationships with other players by telling stories within the game world

The whole game is based around exploring and doing things, that's how we gain skills. I'd guess some socialization will be there too.

If the OP meant age ranges then I'm not sure.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I've warned Prometheus months ago that there's a good chance the beastmen world will actually become the main PvP hotspot because they'll be seen as carebears. Judging by the comments in the PK punishment thread, this is exactly what seems to be happening. Prometheus talked about some of the measures to make it harder for gankers to gank on Arboreus, but I would like more details about those measures now that it's clear that many gankers are going to make Arboreus their main target. Personally, I wish they would just turn off PvP completely on Arboreus. Fractured would be one of the first sandbox MMOs without forced PvP if players don't want it, giving them the whole PvE sandbox market to themselves. Instead, I got the feeling they rather make the same mistake every sandbox game has made before them, somehow expecting a different outcome. 😞

So yeah, I agree with Logain that it's time for the devs to give us a clarification on the target audience. Is this a game where they want PvE and PvP players to co-exist on different planets, or do the devs envision a game where Beastmen are cattle for the Demons.

For me at least, as i would rlly love to play my healer beastman, it would make sense if Arboreus mas made Pve only (eventually with one or 2 pvpve areas), makes sense that the demon area apart from main hubs would be more pvp oriented, and human area being the mix in between. That way there would be something for every player to enjoy depending on their preference.

@luccheno said in Clarification on the target audience:

I've warned Prometheus months ago that there's a good chance the beastmen world will actually become the main PvP hotspot because they'll be seen as carebears. Judging by the comments in the PK punishment thread, this is exactly what seems to be happening. Prometheus talked about some of the measures to make it harder for gankers to gank on Arboreus, but I would like more details about those measures now that it's clear that many gankers are going to make Arboreus their main target. Personally, I wish they would just turn off PvP completely on Arboreus. Fractured would be one of the first sandbox MMOs without forced PvP if players don't want it, giving them the whole PvE sandbox market to themselves. Instead, I got the feeling they rather make the same mistake every sandbox game has made before them, somehow expecting a different outcome. 😞

So yeah, I agree with Logain that it's time for the devs to give us a clarification on the target audience. Is this a game where they want PvE and PvP players to co-exist on different planets, or do the devs envision a game where Beastmen are cattle for the Demons.

For me at least, as i would rlly love to play my healer beastman, it would make sense if Arboreus mas made Pve only (eventually with one or 2 pvpve areas), makes sense that the demon area apart from main hubs would be more pvp oriented, and human area being the mix in between. That way there would be something for every player to enjoy depending on their preference.

what about my preference to do some challenging content on Aboreus as an evil human or demon?

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

I think this can easily be solved. I mean... by lore, beastmen are peaceful and they don't pvp against each other. Beastmen also have a very strong connection with nature. If daemons come to Arboreus, to hunt. The whole world should respond and there should be "signs" indicating the direction of the daemon party's whereabouts so that all beastmen can respond and rally the defense. Also, perhaps put a dimension (warp) travel limit for daemons in the sense that once a daemon has died in Arboreus, he cannot travel to Arboreus for a certain period of time. This would force the daemons to either go lone wolf and thus take large risks, or very carefully organize a short one time raid, knowing they'll face serious opposition since the party will be marked and all the creatures of Arboreum will respond aggressively.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah Well, that's why i said, having 1 or 2 pvp areas in arboreus 😛

@darian said in Clarification on the target audience:

all beastmen can respond and rally the defense.

That will never happen.

@luccheno said in Clarification on the target audience:

@jetah Well, that's why i said, having 1 or 2 pvp areas in arboreus 😛

i don't want arenas. i could play other games for that.

(...)or want it to be (...) I have the feeling this is going to cause a lot of friction in the future. (...)

(...) Personally, I wish they would just turn off PvP completely on Arboreus. Fractured would be one of the first sandbox MMOs without forced PvP if players don't want it, giving them the whole PvE sandbox market to themselves.(...)

@jetah said in Clarification on the target audience:

what about my preference to do some challenging content on Aboreus as an evil human or demon?

@jetah said in Clarification on the target audience:

(...)i don't want arenas. i could play other games for that.

See, that conversation is exactly why I'm hoping the developers are going to define and highlight core design pillars that everybody knows won't be up for debate later down the road, so that everybody can decide early on if they are interested in the game or not. Because the 'MOBA' aspect of Fractured got me interested and if part of the server went PvE only but could still interact with the rest, it would completely destroy the balance of the PvP aspect (just run a dozen bots in save PvE to support your PvP char ^^).

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@jetah why wouldn't it happen. If you are playing your beastmen, crafting, or gathering or what not. And suddenly, you receive warning that a group of daemons is attacking. Would you rather carry on with whatever you where doing, only to get gank-ed a few minutes later, or join a united front for a few minutes with all the other beastmen that are on-line at the time, fend off the attack, and than go back to your farming in safety?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@logain said in Clarification on the target audience:

See, that conversation is exactly why I'm hoping the developers are going to define and highlight core design pillars that everybody knows won't be up for debate later down the road, so that everybody can decide early on if they are interested in the game or not. Because the 'MOBA' aspect of Fractured got me interested and if part of the server went PvE only but could still interact with the rest, it would completely destroy the balance of the PvP aspect (just run a dozen bots in save PvE to support your PvP char ^^).

Better than don't see any player around Arboreus or Syndesia cause of rage quit 😉 but as we talked before we have to test before judge. I really hope for an experience that's totaly different from EvE Online/Albion Online and so on. We have alot games around for pkers ;). I'm just waiting to see something good also for the other part of the medal 😉

@logain said in Clarification on the target audience:

I completely agree with the definition of core design pillars. I completely forgot about MOBA when they said planets with day/nite cycle. I believe if a Beastkin ported to another planet then they could be victim of pvp.

@darian said in Clarification on the target audience:

@jetah why wouldn't it happen. If you are playing your beastmen, crafting, or gathering or what not. And suddenly, you receive warning that a group of daemons is attacking. Would you rather carry on with whatever you where doing, only to get gank-ed a few minutes later, or join a united front for a few minutes with all the other beastmen that are on-line at the time, fend off the attack, and than go back to your farming in safety?

If I play a beastkin it's to turn evil or I'll use it to transfer resources to my demon or human.

I'll mention that a warning system like that will cause 80% of the beastkin to run, hide or log off till it's safe. Believe it or not some people hate pvp and that's why they rolled Beast. I've seen the behavior in Eve Online.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

The Spotlights clarified a bit on how PVP works on Arboreus.

From what I can gather, Demons have a limited amount of kill juice. When they come to Arboreus (or Syndesia for that matter), they start losing kill juice over time, causing the demon to become gradually weaker until they're forced off of the planet or die or whatever. They then have to wait for their kill juice to refill before they can return to Arboreus at full power.

I'd presume that kill juice is expended faster on Arboreus than on Syndesia, and it's probably consumed faster while in a major city region or other lowbie zone.

geez all this talk seems to assume that beastmen are completely unable to fight. if you come on my planet to take my stuffs you are gonna get claws in the gut. as I said before just because beastmen don't prefer to PVP does not mean the they cant PVP👿

• TF#10 - CONSUL

geez all this talk seems to assume that beastmen are completely unable to fight. if you come on my planet to take my stuffs you are gonna get claws in the gut. as I said before just because beastmen don't prefer to PVP does not mean the they cant PVP👿

Usually PvP works a bit differently then PvE so PvEers aren't as good in PvP as the gankers.

@gibbx

thank you. This is what I've been wanting to hear!

I know they can fight, but I believe most won't.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

The point is: "I'm already doing something, do not disturb me!"

Free PvP means that you must be ready every time, sometimes ppl are tired when gettin back from work so the pvp could look not a good idea (pvp = stress when you lose things - many ppl want to avoid it, work is stressy enough).

@finland

i hear tetris has no pvp 😛

i doubt you'll log out near the pvp area if you're a beastkin. you'd probably find a way back to the main city which will be safe. or youll have another beastkin in the innermost area and you'd log in that one first.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Never thought you were so dumb! So those who don't play pvp should go play tetris?. You are less smart than what I thought. Don't worry I'll enjoy when you gankerz will have nothing to easy kill, and I will laugh ;=). Second thing I have never said that I'm not up for arenas/battlegrounds. Third I mostly play fps and moba so you are failing on every kind of aspect. Open PvP on a MMORPG does not let me enjoy the game that's all. I have no idea how the pvp will impact this game but if will be like every sandbox full loot I'll quit for sure ;). (as I told you before I played wow 11 years) I'm wondering what kind of satisfaction gives you killin players ^^. Open PvP gives nothing to me! I enjoy arenas or battlegrounds cause you have an objective but open pvp it's just no sense.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured