Whats the probability this game will actually see beta and a release?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Gothix said:

What if... you get the game now and just keep in in the box. In that case it can be both released and not released in the same time. 😉

LOL! Schrodingers MMORPG 😹 🙀 🤞

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Rokesh EQ next, is a bad example. The game was good but unfortunately Sony wanted to get out of the mmo game, and sold it to a game company that wanted instant profit and not have to invest money to complete a game that was not near completion.

If they had sold it to another company that was interested in finishing it, and then making profit, it probably would have made beta and release.

@Manaia

regardless. it will happen or it wont. those are the only two outcomes.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Jetah I've always agreed with that. What I disagreed with is it's not a 50% chance.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

the engine they are using is what gives me hope that they will achieve their goals and the game will be released

• Wiki Editor

@Gothix said in Whats the probability this game will actually see beta and a release?:

while their ship was sinking, sipping a nice glass of wine while watching

Ohh you are a bad guy 😉
    You should explain what they did wrong in your eyes, if you saw it coming long before.

As for the topic @Rokesh
    I think nobody can give you a 100% guarantee, because there can be always things that hit the Studio hard and therefor they run out of money.
    We just can cross our fingers, that they can walk throught the Alpha&Beta and being able to release and that it will be a success.

For my personal experience with Dynamight Studio, especially their 3 Founder, i can say, thats awesome guys with a big passion for the game idea.
    They already have at their head three people who fill the most important Jobs at the Studio:

1. A smart CEO and Programmer
    2. An ambitious Game Designer
    3. A blessed Art Director

Also, their Voice (the CEO Prometheus) was always honest.
    Maybe sometimes a bit silent, but honest to all things that already hitted the Studio. (for example the Unity/Improbable Conflict and messed up first Open Stresstest).
    If they stay at their path and don't struggle with the future Publisher, i feel, it can be a good game release.

So just lets cross our fingers for our Dynamights! 🙂

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I've got a lot of confidence that this game will see both beta and release.

I think something really big and external to Dynamight would have to go badly wrong to stop this game from moving forward to beta and release.

Worth noting that we're going through something really big and external to Dynamight right now. So far the pandemic hasn't seemed to slow them down too much. But if something comes out of left field - such as Improbable's capex spending on Spatial OS drying up - then things could slam to a halt without any fault on Dynamight's part. I don't think that's likely at this point - but a pandemic in the modern economy is uncharted territory, so don't rule it out.

In terms of the internal risks that Dynamight does have control over? I'm not a game dev, but I've worked on really large business dev projects. With a bit of experience you learn how to smell pie-in-the-sky-software-bullshit. I've been consistently impressed with how grounded and realistic Dynamight's plans and timeframes have been to date. They've got the balance between ambition and what-we-can-actually-achieve exactly right.

Expect timeframes to slip: It's softwrae, timeframes always slip. But everything I've seen from Dynamight passes the smell test so far, and their community outreach has been above and beyond the call of duty relative to the size of their team.

I see no reason for pessimism and a lot of reasons for optimism. 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Jetah said in Whats the probability this game will actually see beta and a release?:

@Manaia said in Whats the probability this game will actually see beta and a release?:

@Jetah said in Whats the probability this game will actually see beta and a release?:

50 chance it'll release.

50 chance it won't.

I'm not sure that's quite accurate...just because it's yes or no doesn't mean they have equal value in 50/50.

False. It will or will not happen. It's 50/50.

That's like saying if someone fired a gun at you and the bullet is a nanometre from your forehead there's a 50% chance the bullet won't hit you. Or that Joe Burrow only had a less than a 1% chance of being drafted this year (placing him in an equal-odds pool with every single college player that declared for the NFL draft).

Not saying it couldn't be a 50/50 chance of release, just not by that logic 😉

@Gothix also, as a Physics major I appreciate the Schroedinger's reference!

@Recoil

you know its possible for misfires to happen. before a draft, people could die.

statistical odds are placed by humans; we try to quantify everything. things will happen or they wont.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Recoil

you know its possible for misfires to happen. before a draft, people could die.

Which, in their own right have their own respective probabilities. This is an underlying concept in modern probability theory (and we likely both have better things to do than debate this in a video game forum lol)

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured