Developer updates, any updates...

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I've been following a while now and I understand nothing is ready, polished, etc. but it seems like it's really a long time between any updates. It would be nice to have a monthly "anything" even if it is to say they are just working on this or that, etc. I know quite a few think like this as well and we aren't even stating that we need to hear any progress or anything, but even just an outreach to the community with a few lines would be nice. Anyway, just my two cents.

@xulu That's what we've been saying for the last six months, so just accept it.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Communication is always good. I spend a lot of time on Kickstarter so seeing constant updates makes me feel like my investment was worth it. Its a bit different for for games though.

• They've been putting out the content pills. There was one just 12 days ago.

The content pill is cool, but isn't very "statusy". πŸ™‚

I dunno how many details we need; do we want to hear "spent day tweaking shaders", or "tracked down bug ID X? And philosophically, there's the question of observation changing the observed... hmm... πŸ˜›

It's something I wonder about in general: the perfect development update. πŸ™‚

I'm sure there will be another spotlight when devs have to to get to it. πŸ™‚

Patience is a virtue.

Always the challenge when a game is being developed in the public eye. Especially with a small studio like this do you want them to work on developing the game, or tell us up their work on developing the game? Personally I think its more important for them to actually work on the game. I can be patient.

@gibbx said in Developer updates, any updates...:

(...)Personally I think its more important for them to actually work on the game. I can be patient.

I concur!

That said, it is going to be a matter of the current 'development phase'. Since pre-alpha (right now) is under NDA, it is a lot more 'additional' work for them to release public statements. With Alpha 1 (end of January/beginning of February hopefully), progress is going to be a lot more 'visible', since people are going to stream their experience.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured