A question about types of characters ..

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Hi guys .. Recently a i read that beastmans are cooperative and defensive race so my question is if there will be posibilty to be like assasin or hunter ?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Your character can use any skill in the game, attributes you choose in the beginning will affect the strength of those skills...

So giving a character high strength and then having him learn spells will be counter intuitive... The character will be able to cast the spells but they wont be as effective.

So a beastkin will be able to use assassination and "hunter" skills for sure...

Beastkin start on a pve planet that doesn't condone pvp as much as the other planets, in order to kill other players you will be required to choose neutral alignment... killing other players will further effect your alignment to that of evil.

Finally if you so choose you can become an abomination.... beastkin changes race, gets horns and becomes a hybrid class that can only be evil, and you can be a evil assassin.

Many choices there is....

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@azraelius Oh jeez i didnt know its that complex ... Woow now i am even more interested ... So if i want to be more like pvp player based on assasination or hunting i should be evil ?

• Arboreus is very limited for PvP so you would probably want to move to the human planet Syndesia. On Syndesia your options for PvP are to hunt evil players as a good aligned player, or to be neutral and attack whoever you please. I don't remember if beastmen have the option of choosing to be evil unless they change into abominations, but if you do become an abomination, that change is permanent and forces you to live on the demon free-for-all PvP planet Tartaros.

You can be whatever build you want for PvP, that isn't influenced by your alignment or anything.

Here's the PvP spotlight if you want more information.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

I believe that traveling to Syndesia as a beastman is possible. There you can assassinate other players, and eventually become an Abomination, which is the evil form of a beastman.

If you want to stay on Arboreus, you can use the hunter skill to fight the monsters in the land, and assassination could help there too.

Overall, the hunter skill is probably the more viable option, if you want to play PvE on Arboreus, but on Syndesia the choice is ultimately yours.

@theseeker Well there is another possibility for assassin/hunter character that doesn't mean you need to be evil.

Evil character has free choice as to who they can attack, be it fellow evil characters/neutral or good. killing evil characters for them rewards no alignment I will think. killing neutral/good characters will give them more evil alignment points.

BUT you could be a character who hunts these players, when a evil character is running around they can obviously kill freely but they can also be attacked with the good aligned player not having bad reputation gained, I think there was a mention that evil characters killed this way actually reward good points if killed.

so you could be an evil assassin character killing without mercy through pvp

or you could be a bounty hunter type character killing off the bad guys.

Once we know more about skills this will pinpoint play-styles but the alignment feature is already such an amazing way to make the game diverse.

I think my first character is going to be demon converted to angel, specializing in restoration and hunting down evil undead....

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@azraelius 😞 Now i am soo indecisive πŸ˜„ Dont know for which race to play ... Is there a possibility to have more characters or i can play just for one ?

@theseeker said in A question about types of characters ..:

@azraelius 😞 Now i am soo indecisive πŸ˜„ Dont know for which race to play ... Is there a possibility to have more characters or i can play just for one ?

3 character slots are given per account. you can buy more.

Race is more about your starting attributes and visual appeal. The races aren't locked to the planet they start on because a beastkin can turn evil and end up on the demon planet.

• Wiki Editor

While it's true travel between planets is possible, from what Prometheus has said, it's not easy. So you can't just come and go as you please from planet to planet. Easiest would be to try out each race since you get 3 character slots (as Jetah mentioned).

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@kellewic Yeah .. Thank u so much πŸ™‚

@theseeker like Jetah says you have more than one character slot...

I would say hold off on thinking too much about what race you going to pick, we don't know enough yet about the game to lock stuff like that down.

Just stay up to date on the information and sure we will know more about character evolutions in the future...

I think the biggest factor for race selection will be your guild, no use playing a race when you can't play with mates.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@azraelius yeah trues .. But anyway i am way more thinking about being demon bcs i am more or less solo player soo .. I just think beastmans really depend on playing in guild with group and stuff like that .

• @theseeker I would say it's the opposite. Beastmen are incapable of harming each other on Arboreus so it's much easier to do things solo. Demons have consequence free PvP on at all times. If you play solo as demon, you'll probably be constantly attacked by other demons. Having a good guild is much more important on Tartaros if you want to get anything done.

• Wiki Editor

To add to what @Target already said - Beastmen can only choose Good while on Arboreus (not even Neutral). On another planet you can choose Neutral, but if your Karma sways too much you might not be able to return permanently to Arboreus.

The Spotlight gets sort of "fuzzy" where a Neutral Beastman is involved as it says Arboreus is "accessible only by Beastmen and characters with Good alignment". Further on it mentions Humans with Neutral alignment can only stay for a short period, but not sure what happens if you're off planet as a Beastman, choose Neutral and then try to go back to Arboreus.

@kellewic
    alignment will take over once you hit that neutral spot. they said beastmen because they start on that planet. they said "good alignment" so that humans and demons that swap to good can be on the planet too.

• Wiki Editor

@jetah said in A question about types of characters ..:

@kellewic
    alignment will take over once you hit that neutral spot. they said beastmen because they start on that planet. they said "good alignment" so that humans and demons that swap to good can be on the planet too.

That's what I assume and the part about "If you’re a Human with Neutral alignment, you can also stay for a while – around 5/10 hours" could drop "Human" and apply to all Neutral characters.

@kellewic said in A question about types of characters ..:

@jetah said in A question about types of characters ..:

@kellewic

That's what I assume and the part about "If you’re a Human with Neutral alignment, you can also stay for a while – around 5/10 hours" could drop "Human" and apply to all Neutral characters.

sounds like it.

@TheSeeker
    Don't listen those demons ! 😏 Beastmen have a good card to play in your case : the Chadra.

If we look on spotlights, he's natural based on dex : max 21 on DEX, 19 on STR and 17 INT, all other stats could go on 18. More than that he'll be a very(?) fast runner once he morphed in tiger... And it's very difficult to escape a tiger ... " run dear target, run.. i'll catch you"... So you'll be able to do lightning charge on your target and strike fast, a nice advantage.

So the school Assasination need Dexterity and Perception
    Taking some magic school could be interesting like Abjuration (intelligence) to disrupt protection, to make magic trap, and why not some illusion (intelligence charism) or alteration skill (intelligence)...

STR DEX INT CON PER CHA
    10 21 15 10 16 10

or this second one could be more flexible

STR DEX INT CON PER CHA
    11 18 15 10 17 12

or this third one could be more flexible and less focused on magic

STR DEX INT CON PER CHA
    13 18 12 10 18 11

The last one could be usefull to use the full extent talent tree (+2 & +2) in DEX and PER. In more, the 3 proposition could permit you to use also Marksmanship school (dex and per).

You could be a good aligned guy or not, Arboreus will be safe but there some place where pvp is possible, and going to a neutral or evil city could be long but not so long when we know how to

Advertising - All the stats are based on spotlights some could change (or not) before the official launch -

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@gofrit Yeah chadra is one i have picked so far but he has 0 int aa i right ? But now when i am looking at your post .. It means that you are capable to do anything with your character πŸ˜„

@theseeker said in A question about types of characters ..:

but he has 0 int aa i right ?

Hum sorry didn't understand the 0 INT could you develop ?

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured