Lich Transformation

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

What Karma/Alignment will you need to be a Lich? For an example to get from Demon to Angel you need to have Good karma.

Edit: Congrats to the Devs for reaching the 120,000€ goal!

• Wiki Editor

If I recall, Prometheus said Lich would be alignment neutral in that whatever alignment you were before, you retain as a Lich.

Can't find the reference so it was probably in a live stream (if I'm remembering correctly that is).

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@kellewic Thank You

• TF#3 - ENVOY

wait so a Lich as in a class or what? Sorry what exactly you mean. I am just trying to realize how the game is even MORE awesome! lol

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@jenaut In the same way Devils can become Angels, and Beastmen can become Abominations, Humans can now become Liches - undead masters of necromancy. https://fracturedmmo.com/kickstarter-update-stretch-goals-revealed/ for what Dynamight has written on the subject (bottom of the page)

Now, to get on with the serious business of advertising, and picking up the rest of the stretch goals XD

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@jenaut said in Lich Transformation:

wait so a Lich as in a class or what? Sorry what exactly you mean. I am just trying to realize how the game is even MORE awesome! lol

It's like angel compared to demon, or abomination compared to beastkin. It's counted as a different race, so you basically change a race, you get a different character looks, and a different racial bonuses.

Your skills/knowledge remain the same as you had before transformation, and eventually you can learn all skills in game regardless of what race you play.

So you have:

• your skills (everyone can learn everything, given enough time and effort)
    • character attributes (you set them at character creation and possibly can't change them anymore / or if devs will allow change then it will be very costly and likely have very long cool down)
    • race effect (you have the racial bonuses of race you are playing with)
    • your gear (anyone can equip any gear, and different gear will make you more effective in different situations)

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@gothix Nice Job, very comprehensive.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@gothix gotta love it...so it all comes down to your skills...damn I LOVE This game already!! lol thanks for the information!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I wonder how it will be with stats as humans have all stats on neutral and more stats points at start. Will they stay the same or will they reset?

@tulukaruk said in Lich Transformation:

I wonder how it will be with stats as humans have all stats on neutral and more stats points at start. Will they stay the same or will they reset?

I believe humans are being designed to be the most flexible race.

As such, humans lack racial bonuses given at start, and they also lack particular attribute affinities given at start.

• To make up lack of affinities, they have more attribute points to chose from to be able to shift more easily between roles down the line compared to beast kin and demons.
    • To make up for lack of racial bonuses, they get the use of tech (humans can equip bodily implants, that basically give you boosts like racial bonuses would). This also goes to flexible game play, because while demons and beast kin have fixed racials, humans can change their implants and switch bonuses around to fit current role better.

So as human it pays off to boost most attribute points equally, and then by changing your decks and bodily implants during your game play, you can more effectively fit the most roles that can be played.

Meanwhile beast kin and demons are designed more to be min maxers in particular roles (schools). They can also be set up as "somewhat flexible" but not nearly as flexible as humans can.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix and the question is - how it will be with Lich. If I remember correctly they'll be more focused on magic - maybe it's only because of skill bonus - but maybe they'll also have stat bonus.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I’m wondering if with this Lich skin we can get Lich skills like Raise Dead and skeleton army or Death Knight minion, etc

@tulukaruk said in Lich Transformation:

@gothix and the question is - how it will be with Lich. If I remember correctly they'll be more focused on magic - maybe it's only because of skill bonus - but maybe they'll also have stat bonus.

Perhaps they keep human flexible stats (without affinities) and they stay the same, but...

• they gain lich racial bonus that has some magic boost
    • they lose an ability to use steampunk implants to compensate

@natsha10 The skills you are suggesting fall under the Necromancy school of magic, and all races can access these skills.

However, one thing that I am wondering is if they will implement something similar to how the vampire skill works in Skryim. There, vampires have less magicka and stamina during the day, but also have some other benefits, such as specific abilities. For example, a lich maybe could be able to entrance NPCs and make them their thralls, or something else along those lines.

• @gothix said in Lich Transformation:

Perhaps they keep human flexible stats (without affinities) and they stay the same, but...

they gain lich racial bonus that has some magic boost

From the races Q&A, evolved races don't get a stat respec, they just get a + to one stat and a - to another. In the case of Liches, they get +int and -cha. They also have an affinity for necromancy and conjuration skills, whatever that means.

they lose an ability to use steampunk implants to compensate

That's just a theory from the forums since we don't know the downside of being a lich. Another potential downside is that they are damaged by restoration skills which might balance their ability to resurrect.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured