Suggestions

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@jetah That very well could be, but it's not how the objectors took it, nor has the original poster corrected them in what they meant.

If you'd be so kind, explain how you'd like the version of AH you are thinking of to be set-up? what are it's limits and advantages?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@therippyone
    advantages are you can look at all regions but can't buy. (same way a 3rd party would work). BUT DS could have skills (passive, maybe, in the Business/Profession section) to actually see them.

I don't want to need to check a website to see something for sale then track it down in game only to find out it's sold/removed. I just want to see it in game if it exist.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@jetah it's still a bad compromise because information is money, and you get information for free this way. Of course it's to be looked at because even if such system won't exist in the game, it will be made on 3rd party sites.

But if, say, we have a player who's traveling between towns to buy something he's looking for, than free access to such information will decrease the amount he has to walk drastically, which will reduce the amount of people in the open world if we'll extrapolate it on others.

And for one more example, let's say that we have a merchant type of player who's ready to conduct researches on the market prices for different items and different towns. Without such access to this information - he'll have to walk to other towns on foot and look the prices up himself, or, atleast, he'll have to communicate with others to get this info. In one case - same as before, number of players in the world increases, in the second case - socialization is encouraged, which is generally a good thing for an MMORPG game.

Plus, if said guy will have access to all the info on prices, people will just look it up, and prices will be much more equal between various towns, and it will almost entirely remove a chance for someone to find an opportunity to sell something for 10's the price he's bought this stuff, as people will see those price gaps and equalize them asap. Thus almost removing an entire type of activity in the game, discouraging travel and reducing amount of players in the open world.

As a general rule, if you make a niche game which is MMORPG (and Fractured is an MMORPG, not just an MMO), you just take the most popular approach and do the opposite with no compromise.

With this wow-like auction house - to any game it will never bring anything good, same as LFG and many more features. It will just turn the game from an actual MMORPG into a session-based game where open world will be essentially empty and useless.

@jetah the only detraction I have with that idea is that the auction house can't lie...or, at least, would require extra programming to lie, and it wouldn't benefit anyone except to create a dynamic reason to move goods. A player-based version allows for that sort of intrigue. I don't mind it being in the game - I'd just prefer it to be a player-based, not dev-based, and non-universal access. Full information games can be fun, but so can limited-information games.

If we did it in game, maybe include in the interface the option to report what you sold something for, at what town, with the option to be honest, or to lie (and put in any value you like), and to whom you do it. Like, you can automatically tell your guild master the truth, and lie to everyone you know (aka, you got "drunk" and bragged at the pub about how well/poorly you did). Guild Master can report that result to your fellow guildies honestly, and tell your lie to 3 associated guilds (or make up their own), and then lie outrageously to the public at large by posting terrible lies to a message board out front of your guild (so your allies think they're in on the joke, and move to take advantage of the "real" information you provided), as a charted file dump. The point isn't to lie all the time - then no one believes you - but to lie subtly, and when it serves the purpose best.

@DCCCXIX
    i'd rather it be in game than on a 3rd party site. which i've said many times.
    it wouldn't be an AH more than an exchange that just list the items and prices.

@TheRippyOne
    people pay to be lazy. they pay to be safe. people will pay more to get something near them than pay less and have to travel.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I have experienced several banking systems. I like having a personal bank accessible from anywhere. A bank for my account is really nice too but as long as I have some way to transfer between characters not as important (just really nice.. it was worth saying twice).
    For buying and selling, I liked in they hey days of EQ1. Each character could become a merchant character but you had to run to the bazar to do it. I was never a powerful character so there was some danger in it and I spent hours seeing what people had for sale.
    This game my impressions is that people can set up vendors, I don’t remember seeing details. Or I glossed over them.

@trelia
    oh man i hate that each person is a bazaar thing. the lag isn't worth the afk time there.

@jetah said in Suggestions:

@TheRippyOne
    people pay to be lazy. they pay to be safe. people will pay more to get something near them than pay less and have to travel.

Which is apropos of...what? Yes, a keen insight into human nature, but what does that mean in this context? that buyers will happily pay a premium if a merchant comes to their town - ie, the basis for a merchant's existence from a socio-political stand point?

I'm not trying to be mean here, and if I was, I'm sorry, but I really don't grasp what point you are trying to make, in relation to why the game should do the price posting, over the players?

@therippyone
    I’m saying if someone can find an item for 1 copper but is on the other side of the game world they’d probably pay a few gold to get it in their own town.

I also want full browsable AH because I can set traps!

@therippyone
    I’m saying if someone can find an item for 1 copper but is on the other side of the game world they’d probably pay a few gold to get it in their own town.

I also want full browsable AH because I can set traps!

What @TheRippyOne is saying is that you can get that regardless if you see it in game, or if you alt tab and see it in other window. 🙂

Having it in game is just the matter of convenience, but would give you nothing extra. Of course assuming the community does a quality job with website, on the same level as devs would make it in game, featuring all important info.

@gothix
    DS has no control over 3rd party content. You could see RMT ads on that site. That site could offer RMT itself, etc.

If it’s in game then DS has full control on the information being presented.

@gothix
    DS has no control over 3rd party content. You could see RMT ads on that site. That site could offer RMT itself, etc.

If it’s in game then DS has full control on the information being presented.

This doesn't make any difference because 3rd party sites offering various info on game, and promoting RMT can exist regardless of in game price info. And there will be huge amount of info on web about skills, guides, everything. Price info is just a minor part of total Fractured info that will be around web.

In practical sense it doesn't make much difference.

(as I see it the key difference is)

In game info:

• bit more convenient (no need to press alt+tab twice) 😉

Community website info:

• can browse info from outside of game (from work, coffee shop etc.) to keep updated while you are not in game

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured