Secrets in game

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Hi guys! I'm looking forward for this game, and i've a question.
    I've played a lot of MMO,and 1 thing that i miss in all, is have some "secrets" items,or quests with exclusive rewards.
    There is a plan to have this type of "gameplay" in game?

Like some caverns not pointed in map, or some chain tasks that if u do them u can achieve an item, maybe reading some books etc .

Thanks for the infos!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Trick question.... must not speak of awesome secrets..... not gonna say nothing... nope... its a secret.

@lunotto Hello new friend, you might need this (info).

With any luck, we'll get an answer that just says "Yes"... something that doesn't give away any of the secrets while answering the question.

@Lunotto In fact a major part of this game is a secret.

There are no levels and player progression is based on learning new skills (there is 400 possible skills and abilities that character can learn).

Where these skills are located (knowledge about them) in fact a... secret. πŸ˜‰ You will need to explore the world, fight monsters, engage in various activities, and some of those activities will contain secret knowledge that will enable you to learn a particular ability.

Some knowledge will be easier to find and some will be hidden very well. You will have to do a lot of those things you wanted to do to learn those secrets.

lff bro you think we giving away our secret locations nahh

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Every information is a secret, if you have not heared it yet πŸ˜‰
    So the game is full of secrets, and not all of them will be revealed to everybody πŸ™‚

That is also the point in trvelling, that I'm looking for πŸ™‚ A lot of travelling means a lot of hidden places, even in MMOs with smaller maps are so many places you can go which are not obviously visible πŸ™‚
    So I am looking forward to many more of these spots here πŸ˜„

If you're thinking easter eggs, I'm really hoping that a glass of water is in the game somewhere as a requirement to craft @Prometheus a new teeshirt.

That would be cool...something like easter eggs

• TF#10 - CONSUL

secrets in mmo are nice and cool... and then you have google... πŸ˜‰

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I hope I get to see some interesting items/other stuff only obtainable through exploring some hidden location etc. Would fit the game well and make things much more interesting!

• Wiki Editor

@tulukaruk said in Secrets in game:

secrets in mmo are nice and cool... and then you have google... πŸ˜‰

Well, you still can decide for yourself not to use google.
    I did all investigation quests at The Secret World almost without google an walkthrough. Just used google for the informations that was needed for solving them, like converter for binary code or translator for long forgetted languages. And just took the help of a guide at these terrible morse code parts πŸ˜„

I prefer to have special secrets that you can find in games. But i set much hope into the Knowledge System of Fractured, that it will be full of hard to get secrets.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@kralith same with Secret World (ok, plus some obscure stuff i didn't know). But that's the whole point in Secret World - not just one item bonus. And there's no open world PvP so you don't need to be optimized character.

In Fractured one secret to make you stronger and it will be hard to ignore and take time to find it because everyone else that will just google and get it will have an edge over you.

• Wiki Editor

@tulukaruk true, if the secret is some important thing.
    But as PVE and RP aspect a secret found can also be just some nice extra. An decoration item, a special cloth lookalike, and special archievement and so on.
    Secrets donβ€˜t need just to be there for making your character stronger.

@tulukaruk
    secrets could be cosmetic skins.

@kralith said in Secrets in game:

I did all investigation quests at The Secret World almost without google an walkthrough. Just used google for the informations that was needed for solving them, like converter for binary code or translator for long forgetted languages. And just took the help of a guide at these terrible morse code parts πŸ˜„

Same. πŸ™‚
    I usually resorted to asking guildies for "small hints" when some part was specially hard, and then continued to cracking it further on my own. Google just takes all fun out of it, specially in TSW where missions were really awesome.

once one person finds the secret the entire world will know about it thanks to the internet... the only way for something to be kept secret would be to make it be random (i.e. once one player finds and item/quest the quest/ item spawns in another place) but even then it would be impossible to make an infinite number of random spawn points...

@althalus said in Secrets in game:

once one person finds the secret the entire world will know about it thanks to the internet... the only way for something to be kept secret would be to make it be random (i.e. once one player finds and item/quest the quest/ item spawns in another place) but even then it would be impossible to make an infinite number of random spawn points...

we have simi-random calculations. it's possible to have math determine where something will spawn.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

i'd prefer a system that rewards you for visiting enough (secretly marked) places. ie there are 100 places in the whole world and if you visit 20 you get a reward, then for 50 then 80. There is no counter so you don't know if you visited that place - so it would be hard to tell others where to go πŸ˜‰ You'd just have to explore everything.

• Wiki Editor

There are many possibilities how Devs can hold secrets really secret.
    The way the Devs did it in one of my previous games (Salem the Game) about witchcraft stuff, they just said, if they get known about any public information about it, they will change they way it works.
    They did it several times, till people understood, if they want to be able to teach their new witches right things about witchcraft, they have to hide it in private rooms.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured