Racial Diversity of Fractured Visualized

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@agracore Humans start out with 120 creation points, everyone else starts out with 100 creation points and one affinity - the affinity makes that one stat cheaper to buy. To buy a stat up to 18, you need 30 points normally, but only 18 points in the affinity - fairly useful, right?

basic math does note the problem, though - a human can buy 4 18's (30x4=120), while non-humans can't (18+3x30=108 - 8 points more than the non-humans get). The special powers of each race are meant to make up for this, and mostly do, but you need to use them right. A Blood demon gains nothing if they don't do damage, for example (as far as I can tell) - so having one as a healer, or a non-combat support, is a "waste" of their power. You can still do it, of course, free will and all that, but it's not a great idea from a mechanics stand point.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Interesting, I get what you're saying, that if they dont use there affinity which is naturally something for combat it will be wasted. That being said I guess it plays nicely into the whole humans having total free will. @therippyone

• Wiki Editor

@therippyone @Agracore You can bump 4 abilities to 18 with a human, but the other 2 will be at 6 which from what has been said will suffer penalties. Attribute == 10 has been suggested for all of them (likely due there being no bonus or penalty at that level). So far, I've envisioned any penalty/bonuses to attributes much like the standard D&D attribute modifier table where 10-11 is zero, 12-13 is +1, etc, but I don't recall any information on those set in stone anywhere.

The abilities are used for more than combat, although I don't know the full extent. Like STR dictates weight carrying capacity and CHA for NPC interactions.

@kellewic Actually, from what's been revealed about the "malus" associated with sub-10 Intelligence, it's a LOT worse than the D&D penalties. the Malus for intelligence eats Study slots and knowledge experience - effectively, it takes longer to get enough points to learn a skill, and you can't learn as many skills at once.

Now, in one sense, this is nothing - so, it takes longer, so what? on the other hand, it can also be very frustrating, I'd imagine. I assume all of the other 5 malus are like this - something that, technically, doesn't actually stop your progress, but does make some aspect of the game notably more painful.

And you do get the D&D issues as well - like bad spell casting and mp regen for low intelligence.

The 4 18's, 2 6 is an example that I pull out because it's easy math that displays the basic inequity (not that there is anything wrong with it. assymetrical set-ups are fun.

However, it's not a bad build for a wizard that doesn't care about Strength and Dexterity...assuming you can handle the resulting malus XD

• Wiki Editor

@therippyone agree on all points and I actually saw your other, much more lengthy, post after this one where you went into more details on that 🙂

Even skimping on STR for a wizard (sub 10) might be an annoyance due to decreased ability to carry stuff.

• @therippyone said in Racial Diversity of Fractured Visualized:

the Malus for intelligence eats Study slots

From what I've read, intelligence affects memory slots, not study slots, unless I missed something.

@agracore A non-human build that doesn't prioritize the Affinity stat is...very hard. 2 18's, 1 14(ifs), 3 10's is probably the best you can manage.

But it's their powers that need the synergy, to make up for that last lack of power that their stats don't give them. Both are important, but are very different.

which tends to railroad choices. XD
    Hellfire Infernals gain power in combat over time - the longer the fight, the more powerful they grow, which fits well with their potential 21 constitution. Blood, as mentioned before, gain power by hurting others ("sucking blood"). Shadow are interesting - they are empowered at night - which means they have to make the most of that time, and plan around finishing before dawn.

Beasts are more varied, and based around temporary transformations. Nhee gain health regen and status effects on melee attacks - they're the Infernals direct opposition. Erw gain spell reflection and speed attacks and evasion - a major role expander. Cha gain speed, crits, agility, and dodge - it's the easiest power to use, and the most universally useful. Udo empower their groups, gives a speed boost, and enhances everyone's command and control powers. A solo Udo is almost as badly off as a Shadow in sunlight - but their boost makes them exceptionally useful in any raid, dungeon, or party settings - especially if multiple Udo stack their bonuses in a single party.

@target hm. that...may be right. Or I might be conflating them - if so, I am feeling kind of embarrassed >.> still, losing memory slots is a notable negative. goes and does more research

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@kralith said in Racial Diversity of Fractured Visualized:

@greenfox ahhh you mean all the P0w0rR0xx0rs, yes indeed they will rule the world. can‘t breath because of excessive laughing

:3 Yup. Well i like PvP if it's cordinated group vs group or 1 vs 1. Arena style matches can be fun too.
    But i guess the most action we will see is gangers getting the better end of solo farmers.

Welp, in the end we might need some good guilds to create patrols on the human world.
    For savekeeping.

That would net them positive PR atleast.
    And bragging rights :3 + training against group gangers.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

very cool analysis

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

nice work 🙂 interesting.

Wow! Great job @Agracore! Very interesting to see the racial diversity of the game currently. Looks fairly balanced to me. Initially I thought it was going to be more one race dominant xD.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Thank you @kenta! As some people have pointed out this isn't a perfect representation of the actual release, but its the best we got for the time being haha

@agracore That's true 😄

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

all im seeing is that demons rule and could kick the other races rear end

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured