New Character stat calculator?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Ive started looking at stats for new characters, and realised a stat calculator would be a good idea to figure out the stats before making a character, going off the stat tables from feature spotlight #5.

Has anyone thought of this yet?

Would be a fun thing to play around with to see roughly what stats we could get, and where we would need to compromise with our 100/120 points.

If anyone has made one let me know =]

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@silarc I've sketched all the races, but they're in Russian, if you're really interested, you'll have to use a translator A guide to attributes

things are subject to change so doing it now may mean changing it in the future.

@jetah but it will be nice to the preAlfa, maybe we can do a it in the char page.

• Wiki Editor

Based on my understanding of the attributes and their costs:

Humans can go all 10s and 3 attributes to 18
    Other races can go all 10s, 1 attribute to 11, 1 attribute to 20 (affinity), and one to 19

as kind of a min/max when looking at schools. Not saying this is optimal since I don't know.

Highest natural score is 20 - the attribute cost table goes to 21, but as I understand it, you can't actually get to 21 by spending points - and at the natural 20 mark there is some unique bonus that we don't know.

We also still don't know what bonuses attributes will confer, but based on various threads my guess is something like a normal D&D attribute bonus table where at 10/11 equals 0 then +1 for every 2 points - it's been said many times to get all attributes to at least 10 (guessing there are penalties otherwise).

A calculator at this point would only allow you to see a distribution of points across attributes, but have no idea what it means except that having whatever school's defining attributes high is likely a good thing (but we don't know what "high enough" is yet beyond "get them all to 10").

• Community Manager

@kellewic You can get to 21 by spending points if the race has +3 to an attribute.

• Wiki Editor

@specter said in New Character stat calculator?:

@kellewic You can get to 21 by spending points if the race has +3 to an attribute.

OK, cool. Was likely remembering incorrectly the thread on attributes. Might be the 25 cap I'm confusing it with (thinking 20 was a cap with points).

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I understand how the stats work, and that everything is subject to change at this very early stage.
    It would just be cool to have a calculator for ease of use when alpha comes along so we have them set up ready.

As a Shadow Demon I will be trying stat setups similar to these, it seems logical to max out the stat your race has an affinity for as having the bonus for 20 points in that stat straight away for a cheap cost is too good, but going over 20 initially seems detrimental to the rest of your stats:

All-rounder build. This will be the safe bet that I can see most going for. It would be nice to have rounded stats but as we dont know yet how easy it will be to get the +2 from the knowledge trees it may mean being mediocre at some things permanently, unless you plan on constantly using consumables to hit the 20+ mark.
    STR: 16
    DEX: 17
    INT: 14
    CON: 10
    PER: 16
    CHA: 10

Max Perception Dexterity based. This would be a decent assassin build with nice INT. But having low CON and STR would make you incredibly fragile, low lifed, and not be able to carry much, as well as relying on Evasion and Critting an aweful lot with not having the strength behind your hits.
    STR: 10
    DEX: 16
    INT: 16
    PER: 20

Full Assassin. This would give you some amount of Life from your STR and carrying capacity, and have high crit, accuracy, and dodge. But you would sacrifice INT, which I think will be quite detrimental in general.
    DEX: 16
    INT: 10

Min/Max build. Sacrificing CON and CHA completely would give points for an incredibly strong Assassin build straight out, with capabilities of getting the 20 stat bonus on DEX quickly if you were to go down that knowledge tree first. If you can live with the negative effects of having below 10 on those two stats it may work out quite powerful.
    DEX: 18
    INT: 16
    CON: 6
    CHA: 6

Again, these are just for Shadow Demons as its my main focus at the moment. I will probably make 3 shadow demons with different stats in Alpha and test the positives and negatives, especially with starting out with 20 or 6 in a stat.

This took me a while to compile with a pen and paper, and constantly checking the table on Spotlight #5. And I would like to try a human and a beastman just to see what they are like.

So this is why I think a stat calculator would be a good idea if someone has knowledge and the spare time to make one.

If not I will look into making one myself when I get chance.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@silarc I dot it on my opendoc calc software... not a big deal
    I don't want to publish it since it could change between dev phase

Principally, you use the data published by the spotlight and use some "lookfor" function.
    Depending of what schools you want to use you must want some char up to 20 directly.
    The max cap of your demon characteristic is STR(19) DEX(20) INT(18) CON(16) PER(21), CHA(18) and the start characteristic is STR(6) DEX(6) INT(6) CON(6) PER(6), CHA(6). And the affinity table is used only by PER (27pts to go to PER 21)

So in a blind min/max strategy :
    STR(10) DEX(20) INT(10) CON(11) PER(21), CHA(7) we could assume this type of result...

You could look to this assuming you don't want to go less than 10
    STR(11) DEX(18) INT(11) CON(11) PER(20), CHA(10)

But you don't have to put away a balanced stat more versatile (using less points on the ability char, give you more points to invest) :
    STR(15) DEX(15) INT(15) CON(15) PER(15), CHA(9)

Here some post to look
    [1] https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/post/16487
    [2] https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/post/17184
    [3] https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/post/29614
    [4] https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-4-skills-galore
    [5] https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-5-character-creation-attributes-resting

@kellewic said in New Character stat calculator?:

Other races can go all 10s, 1 attribute to 11, 1 attribute to 20 (affinity), and one to 19

We don't know the details yet, but due to that bonus activated when you reach 20 (and also considering "punishment" if you drop below 10), it might be more worthwhile to go all 10s, then get two most important attributes to 20, and drop one least important attribute to ~9 (below 10, how much is needed).

So instead 10,10,..11,19, 20
    go like ~9, 10, 10,.. 20, 20.

Looking from min max perspective of course.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured