hint for logout

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@tulukaruk okay, this is how pve carebears can break the game if you have quick logout (less then a minute):

Beastman guild goes on gathering expedition to cold weather region on Arboreus. They have lots of mounts and wagons and survival items with them. A demon invasion starts in the region or next region. The beastman guild logs off and go and play their alts for a while. Once invasion is over they log back on and continue their expedition.

To counter the above you need the characters to stay in game for a while. Like 15 minutes or so 😂

If you read my previous posts this is the 4th way I came up with to use fast logging off to not play the game as I'm sure it was intended.

Your argument that it punishes players with a short playtime is nonsense. If you got 60 minutes to play the game, you can play the game for 60 minutes, not 45. You only need to be mindfull where you log off. The savest would be in a city or settlement. If you are bold you log off where you want.

In EVE Online I always tried to get my ship back to a base I could enter. But sometimes I couldn't and I just jump to quiet system, fly to a moon in that system and pray I didn't got blown up. Wich never happened to me.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix that's silly you just want a game for no life people.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland no he just wants to prevent ppl to
    break a sandbox survival mmorpg and make sure everybody plays the game as intended

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@tulukaruk said in hint for logout:

And besides logging off is perfectly reasonable way to escape from lame people that want to kill PvE players.

no it isn't. imagine a dungeon boss disappearing and the duo/team gets nothing. you'd feel cheated and would jump on the forums to complain that the boss and thus your loot was stolen from you. Well the PvP players would feel the same.

@grofire
    you log off in unsafe areas you shouldn't get a safety net.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

If you see someone he cannot log out if you have timer - you can hit him in that 15 secs (or 10 or 20...) and timer resets or stops. So if you see someone he cannot logout to run away. Isn't that good enough?

It would be totally different story if we would have dangerous and safe zones. But we don't.

@tulukaruk
    because 15s is too little and can easily be abused. again we're talking about the time the character is removed from the game world, not the time spent to switch characters or exit the game.

the game does have safe zones, everything else isn't safe!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah successfull log outs should remove the char from the game. You can play around it by making a channeling log out. While channeling you can be attacked and interrupted. Another thing is those who tries to exploit the logout by doing alt+f4 or disconnectin cable/router and so on. In that case you can let the char persist in game for x mins as AFK status.

@finland said in hint for logout:

@jetah successfull log outs should remove the char from the game. You can play around it by making a channeling log out. While channeling you can be attacked and interrupted. Another thing is those who tries to exploit the logout by doing alt+f4 or disconnectin cable/router and so on. In that case you can let the char persist in game for x mins as AFK status.

you're going to be on the human planet so it wont bother you as much.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I just hope that you log in wherever you log out but i do hope they make it so there is a timer in combat.

@ildirettore said in hint for logout:

I just hope that you log in wherever you log out but i do hope they make it so there is a timer in combat.

only exception to that, that i'm aware of, is if you log out on a different planet where your alignment isn't equal or greater. IE demons can't log in on the beastkin planet.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah if that is the case then pve beastman would probably go explore Tartarous to see if they would get knowledge. But instead of traveling back, they will just restart the game normally... and voila! They are back on Arboreus. This is the fifth reason I came up with why you need to keep game characters in the game for 15 minutes or more after logging off. If you log back in within the fifteen minutes, you are still at the same location. If it is longer and you are on a foreign planet, only then do you port back in my opinion.

@benseine said in hint for logout:

@jetah if that is the case then pve beastman would probably go explore Tartarous to see if they would get knowledge. But instead of traveling back, they will just restart the game normally... and voila! They are back on Arboreus. This is the fifth reason I came up with why you need to keep game characters in the game for 15 minutes or more after logging off. If you log back in within the fifteen minutes, you are still at the same location. If it is longer and you are on a foreign planet, only then do you port back in my opinion.

I would add that if you do not reach port normally (by foot), your character should have some setback. So if you do not travel back manually, but because of time expiration or a log off (or disconnect, and choosing to not log back in) and you get ported automatically, you get some debuff, that lasts for 60 minutes, and does not expire while you are offline.

This is to incentivize people to travel back manually, and not exploit auto port back mechanics.

When you have traveled to another planet, and grinded some resources, why would you have a safer option to exploit auto port back, rather than having to travel to portal manually back through the dangerous foreign lands, risking getting killed on your travel? If auto port back has no setbacks people will just find some hidden spot on foreign planet, after the grind, and wait their to get ported back, rather than travelling with resources through open lands.

So besides 60 minute debuff (if you do not travel back to portal and use it manually) I would also add that you loose 50% of whatever resources you carry with you.

• @gothix said in hint for logout:

I would also add that you loose 50% of whatever resources you carry with you.

That might still be a better deal than risking leaving the planet manually. I think if you log off on a hostile planet(either Arboreus or Tartaros), the planet should kill your character. Could even have nice little animation and alert nearby players that someone just got killed logging out.

@target what is wrong with you guys??? your char die if you logout ??? maybe every time you logout you need to buy the game???
    you all crazy!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@grofire said in hint for logout:

@target what is wrong with you guys??? your char die if you logout ??? maybe every time you logout you need to buy the game???
    you all crazy!

Permadeath on logout. Once you join Fractured, you'll never leave it. 😛

• @grofire When demons are on Arboreus, the planet is literally supposed to fight them off. When good characters stay too long on Tartaros, they're lit up like a beacon to all demons in the area. These places are not supposed to be welcoming to opposing factions, and it makes sense to me that you're not supposed to be logging out in hostile territory. Entering these places is not supposed to be something you do on a whim and expect to make it out alive. They should take planning, and an aspect of that planning should not include logging off and waiting out a timer.

Death isn't even a big consequence in Fractured. The most you'll lose is your inventory, and your gear, which is supposed to be easy to replace. In my opinion, death should be a regular occurrence with little drawback, and so far the design behind Fractured seems to support this.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@grofire I don't think target ment you loose your character. It just dies and you ress at home planet and all your gear is still on other planet.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Gothix @Target the loss of resources should be 100% because you also go to other planet to gain knowledge, not just resources

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@target said in hint for logout:

@grofire In my opinion, death should be a regular occurrence with little drawback, and so far the design behind Fractured seems to support this.

Hell yeah!

@benseine said in hint for logout:

you're arguing with the wrong person. i want 15m character retention after logging out or disconnecting. again, tell this to someone else.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured