hint for logout

• TF#3 - ENVOY

hi, in the various online games mmo, a big flaw is a game from work or improvised, but it is also a breeze, it's a breeze, it's a breeze, if you are not in the ring and if in the neighborhood nn there is no hostility

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Let me try to translate this to English. 😄

I believe Pepix would like to have no logout timer if you are in some kind of safe zone. 🙂

(Maybe I'm mistaken, but that would be my guess.)

@gothix Thanks, I was trying to figure out how to respond. Log out timers have their place, but can be understandably frustrating.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I suppose that we are allowed to log-out everywhere

keep the character in the game world for 15 minutes after a DC or logout. this will prevent network unplugging.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

No logout timers sounds fishy, even in a savezone. If you have no timers plz make sure the characters stay in game for a long time. 15 minutes or more.

15 min????? Just say that every time you logged you lose all your items.

@grofire said in hint for logout:

15 min????? Just say that every time you logged you lose all your items.

if you're running from a fight, logout shouldn't be a safe option. If you're in town or in your house it would be instant.

@jetah if u running from a fight 1 min will do, 15 min ?? There is no chance that you won't be dead when come back... lol 15 min ....

• TF#3 - ENVOY

enough to be able to dislodge in 10 seconds if around us in a long radius there are enemies or npg unfriendly, not crefo that in orogrammazione is difficult, give the possibility to those who work to play would be a great novelty, in many games even if you are in a netral place to dislodge debe psddare at least a minute, in a minute can get people and kill you losing everything

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@grofire no 1 minute is not enough. I want to take my time to loot your corpse.

15 minutes or more plz. If you got a fast pc you can relog in a minute anyway and move your character to a save spot.

@benseine the logout timer should just make sure you can't run from a fight by logging out, 1 min is more then enough, it shouldn't make you able to find people that just wanted to logout.
    if you killed someone in the 1 min timer his body will stay there, so u can keep looting it, and btw it take less then 5 sec to loot someone, if you played AO you would have known it.

Logout timer:

On planet where you do NOT live, in non safe zone: 10 min
    On planet where you do NOT live, but inside specialized lodging housing (tavern, safe spot): instant
    On planet where you live, in non safe zone: 5 min
    Inside your own house (safe spot): instant

Incentive to not just log out anywhere, but to return to a safe place before logging out. And if you really WANT to log out randomly in a world, you should accept logout timer, that guarantees that people can not use logout option to escape danger, when they either see a danger, or just hear in zone chat someone dangerous is coming to their particular location (guild members (or anyone for that matter) grinding across the zone, and warning each other remotely over zone chat).

@gothix that make zero since, if you in the world and you need to go bathroom, and you want to keep playing after ? Will you go town and come back after ? That just crazy, when I played AO it had 1 min, and that enough, no point to set longer, it will make worse, people will not go out to the world... just stupid idea, I'm sorry.

@grofire
    1 min isn't enough. this is a sandbox game where death has meaning. if you know your logout is 15 minutes, you'll spend 14 minutes making your sure character is safe.

i don't want safe worlds. i would play wow if so.

we don't know of 5s is enough time to loot someone. it could be possible that bags can be placed in bags like happened in UO. i've heard of stories of it taking 5 minutes to open all the bags to get to good gear while the other bags had junk in them.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Anywhere between 5 to 15 minutes is fine with me.

@jetah have you played a game with logout timer? I did and I tell you 1 min is more then enough, it's never feel safe.
    If looting someone taking 5 min that a bad gameplay design. It should take 5s so you can keep fighting.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I would love to have a game where the logout timers are actually significant (around 10 minutes is great for me) as I've played too many games where logging out mid combat to avoid dying was a thing. If you want your instant logouts, do it in a safe zone! I feel like this is the best compromise between ease of use and fair, balanced PvP where the loser can't just press a magic button to 'stalemate'.

P.S I have played other games where the timer is 1 minute, and this is still easily exploitable (particularly if stealth is in the game). One should not be able to stealth, and then try to exit the game before people find you. If you stealth in a dangerous area, the goal should be to get to a safe spot as soon as possible without being found, rather than just hitting alt-f4. Bottom line, I strongly believe that safe logouts should only be available in safe zones.

@grofire said in hint for logout:

@gothix that make zero since, if you in the world and you need to go bathroom, and you want to keep playing after ? Will you go town and come back after ?

Don't wait last moment till you go to bathroom. Go on time before it's "urgent". 😉
    If you chose to ignore your bathroom needs, and wait till last moment to go, well that's on you. 🙂

So you are playing and see "mmm i might need to go bathroom soon", click logout, wait the timer, go to bathroom in non-urgent way. Come back, log in, continue to play.

@gothix so you gonna wait 15 min looking on your char, doing nothing, nice game experience 😓 😰 🙀 🤔

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured