VIP system : What do you think ?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@phaethonas

I played Warframe and there is pvp but it's like 1% of the game. the developers push pve and grinding for materials more than pvp. I don't believe they've pvp content in 3 years.
    Warframe does have a pay to skip grinding. you can use cash or spend time grinding for the in game plat.

if you repeat yourself then you aren't explaining it correctly. (i know.. i know.)

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

After reading the update, I am changing my mind a bit and I believe I'm ok with VIP.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

You see this happen in a lot of games: Boosts, P2W, In-Game Currency. I, myself, personally, I don’t go for those sort of things. I find it doesn’t allow you to soak in all the story, gameplay and fun.

If the VIP system does not effect the gameplay majorly, meaning that people won’t kill you in one hit because they are a VIP, then yeah, I can get along with it.

But, if the VIP system gives players a major advantage over all the non-VIP players. Then, I’ll be very disappointed.

Fingers crossed all goes well; I have high hopes for this game!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@xxkingdethxx well you need to do tasks to unlock spells. that spell must be studied and you can boost the speed of that via VIP sub. VIP sub also gives you more slots of spell to study.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Here is a new poll i have made with all the new information about VIP 🙂 What do you think now ?

@Prometheus id suggest trying to get some VIP duration cosmetic items up for preview too. People love looking unique and any preview of them may help.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@kellewic said in VIP system : What do you think ?:

@phaethonas said in VIP system : What do you think ?:

1. Crowfall/Dual Universe/Any game with RMT + player driven economy
      Real money --> VIP token -->( in-game gold --> mats )--> gear with stats

This sounds like WoW last time I logged in with the WoW Token you buy for cash then sell on the auction house for XX gold.

My opinion is anything I can buy in a cash shop should be non-tradable for ingame items like mats, currency, weapons, armor, etc.; however I would like to see them tradable for other cash shop items. It's inevitable to get duplicate items especially if they implement loot boxes like PoE has, which contain "random" cash shop items worth at least the cost of the loot box.

It is like WoW but the ramifications are different. Games with a player driven economy (e.g. Dual Universe, Crowfall, Fractured) will be pay2win. Games without (e.g. WoW) won't be pay2win.

If you want to see things in minute detail then, this exchangeable token is as pay2win as the economy is player driven. With the Fractured economy being ~100% player, the VIP ticket will be very much p2w, if the VIP ticket is an in-game exchangeable item.

@jetah said in VIP system : What do you think ?:

@phaethonas

if you repeat yourself then you aren't explaining it correctly. (i know.. i know.)

That would have been correct, if other people were having questions about what I was saying. Instead, I find myself repeating the same thing over and over again, to some people (not all), with them, not addressing half (if not more) of my arguments, which they completely ignore.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I think this... vip accounts have a great domination in so many games.
    I like no Pay to Win games.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@sujeito The new information about VIP are here go take a look 🙂

Honestly i feel like Path of exiles has a good monetary system. no tactile gain but quality of life improvements (character slots, cosmetics). when VIP gives some sort of advantage even rate of knowledge gain it can feel unfair. The knowledge gain here would be like playing EVE online with a VIP that gives increased skill learning rate. sure anyone can have the same skills but the player with more will ultimately win.

• Community Manager

@ildirettore Skills in EVE Online improve your performance vertically. Having more abilities in Fractured does not, it just makes you more versatile. that's the difference between horizontal and vertical progression.

@specter I understand that what i was thinking was a prolonged pvp battle someone kills you, you have more skills you can change to before hunting them down,

@ildirettore said in VIP system : What do you think ?:

you can change to before hunting them down,

Hi, I think you could change skills (abilities) only on rest/peace time ... so you'll have lost track of your target at the time you go hunting

@specter said in VIP system : What do you think ?:

@ildirettore Skills in EVE Online improve your performance vertically. Having more abilities in Fractured does not, it just makes you more versatile. that's the difference between horizontal and vertical progression.

so skill rank 1, rank 2 and rank 3 in fractured will have the same effect and will not offer any vertical performance?

• Community Manager

@jetah They will, but it will not be a big increase and you don't need many high level skills to be effective.

@specter

so the first person to rank3 could be a wrecking force until others catch up? or will it be limited to say 5-10% damage base difference. I'm trying to see how much of an advantage VIP will give between the ranks.

• Community Manager

@jetah VIP isn't going to make you level any faster. In order to level an ability, you'll have to complete a certain amount of tasks and you're going to need more complex blank tomes. Unlocking those tasks will generally take you to different planets, and crafting those tomes requires rare resources.

@Jetah In french we talk about "compte d'apothicaire" the more I found to translate is "penny-pinching calculations". I understand your comment but why you focus on the difference between Lv1 lv2 or lv3 with the VIP "KP boost". When I see the skill picture on spotlight #3, the number of task and the number of resources needed do echo to me with the last mega update news :

The core of progression afterwards consists of completing tasks requiring you to travel and perform a wide range of exploration– and experimentation-related activities.

For me, "Travel" and "Perform" > require time.
    So if you want to compare thing, better to ask not about damage (they are probably skill with no damage) but about the average time required to have all the stuff ready to gather resources and create a learning book.

@gofrit said in VIP system : What do you think ?:

(...)why you focus on the difference between Lv1 lv2 or lv3(...)better to ask(...)the average time required to have all the stuff ready to gather resources and create a learning book.

You see, that's the problem of perception between play-styles. @Jetah is an experienced PvP player, who has likely played countless MMORPGs and MOBAs before and he plans to play as Demon. As such, he knows that there's going to be attacks on him from the first second he enters the game (unlike people playing as Beastman who can easily judge when they feel 'ready' to go for a brawl). Knowledge points are a 'hard limiting cap', as in they can not be obtained in another way. Resources can (easily) be acquired through either PvP loot (or as other people on the forum have openly stated that they are going to run gathering bots) and as such are a 'soft limiting cap'.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured