Quick poll results

Hello everyone!

At the end of the previous test @LordSkykal put together a quick poll to gather some feedback on the results of the test.
    This was distributed on discord and has now been closed.

The questions in the poll where:

• How satisfied are you with the current state of the game? (Possible answers were between 1 and 10)
    • Name the biggest thing you like about the game.
    • Name the biggest thing you dislike about the game.
    • What do you think is missing in the game?
    • What do you think is not needed in the game?
    • If you could change one thing in the game, which one would it be?
    • How do you like the support of the Ambassador Team?
    • Additional feedback (free answer)

The poll collected a total of 55 answers.

I will try to give a summary of the answers given to each question:

• How satisfied are you with the current state of the game?

Since this is a numerical answer, the summary will be easy.

The answer distribution was as follows:

• 1: No answers
    • 2 : No answers
    • 3: 2 answers
    • 4: 3 answers
    • 5: 6 answers
    • 6: 9 answers
    • 7 : 15 answers
    • 8 : 12 answers
    • 9: 5 answers
    • 10: 3 answers

The distribution here is clearly centered on the value of 7, so the players rate positively the current state of the game. 80% of the players gave at least a rate of 6.

On to the next question.

• Name the biggest thing you like about the game.

Many players have indicated the same topics as most appreciated feature. In particular, in order of how many times they were named, the features named were:

• Skill system: This was indicated by almost a third of the players.This includes, players liking the variety of skills, the freedom of the char building, the way you discover skills and so on. Since it is one of the most defining features of FO, it is a good thing that people like it.
    • Crafting system: Many players indicates the crafting system as their favorite feature of the game. The fact that the economy is fully player made, the time it takes to craft and so on.
    • PvP: As a bit of surprise to me, a significant number of players indicated the current pvp mechanics and skill based combat as the best part of the game. Considering that in the previous beta this game flaw was identified in the clunky combat, it feels like the game has improved in this area.
    • The mobs: Slightly less than 10% of the players indicated the varieti of mobs and the challenge they offer as their favorite element.
    • The idea behind the game: A few players instead of indicating a specific feature, appreciated the overall feel of the game.

Moving to the next question, we see what players instead didn't like:

• Name the biggest thing you dislike about the game.

Making a summary here is very difficult, since the answers were not as repetitive as the liked features.

Notable mentions though go to crafting, which was one of the few features which many named as disliked. It received pretty as many likes as it received dislikes, with a subtle difference. Many when naming crafting as what they dislike also mentioned recipes, while no one mentioned them as something they liked.
    The other major area of complaints was the pvp balance.
    After this there were some less recurring points:

A couple of answers mentioned solo play being too hard.
    3 mentioned the current bugs as their biggest issue.
    3 mentioned the fact that the test had ended 😄

Moving on to the next question.

• What do you think is missing in the game?

Here too we have some major recurring topics.
    In order of frequency of apparition:

• Demons and Tartaros: This was expected. Fractured is marketed as the "3 planets" game and we are missing one, so clearly it is the top priority for many of the PvP players.
    • Non PvP longterm content: Following this and with around the same amount of answers, we have people asking for more endgame content, many times specified as non - PvP longterm content. Clearly here it is the other part of the community speaking.
    • More skills/monsters: Considering that the current variety of skills and monsters is the most liked part of the game, it makes sense that some players just want more.
    • More equipment tiers: A non insignificant part of players asked for more equipment tiers. Not necessarily more powerful than the existing ones, more than one have asked for intermediate tiers between the current t1 and t2.
    • Arena system: A couple of players asked to have the arena system implemented
    • Solo support: A couple of players asked for more solo support. Personally I'm very surprised by this, I expected more, because if I had to cast my vote I would cast it here. The game is soloable but definitely not solo friendly, and helping players find other solo players to make small groups would be my priority, the game is simply a lot more fun played in groups of 2-4. But this is strictly my personal opinion.

On to the next question.

• What do you think is not needed in the game?

First of all a positive note. The most common answers were "Nothing" or "N/A" or "I like everything" or simply left it blank (this is the only answer were people left blank answers). We are talking about around half the answers. This is clearly a good sign for the game.

Now apart from a few answers which don't add a lot like "One shot builds" or similar things which clearly are not exactly a "feature", the only recurring answers were.

• Orbs: A few players indicate the orb system as not needed
    • Processing times: Around the same number of players doesn't like waiting so long to get their resources.
    • Weather system: A couple of players consider the weather system not needed.
    • Recipes: A couple of players consider the recipe as not needed.

Next question.

• If you could change one thing in the game, which one would it be?

This is the answer which has shown the most disarray, but in general the only topics which were named more than once are the ones present in the previous answers.

• How do you like the support of the Ambassador Team?

Ok this is going to be very easy. With very few exceptions, most of which being "I didn't need them", the answer has been universally positive. Thanks for that 😄

** Additional feedback (free answer)*

More balance. Demons. Polish features. Endgame content...

All of the answers provided added depth to the previous points, with some interesting ideas, but again they touch the same exact topics of the previous answers.

There were quite a few messages of encouragement though!

• I would say, the summarization is better than expected and I would not have the skills you show in that.

• @spoletta said in Quick poll results:

If you could change one thing in the game, which one would it be?

I hope you forwarded the full list of answers of the q "If you could change one thing in the game, which one would it be?" to the devs. And I would love to read the individual answers of that q.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Who is Lord Skykal ? 🤡

@Maltos the devs clearly receive the full version of this. If you are interested in the answers to that question I can spam them in DM in Discord. but it's quite a lot of text.

• @Fortie Lord Skykal, also known as Fürst Axolotl, is just a unimportant Game Master from Fractured.
    Dont mind him.

nice to know, what do you think this result show ? and what, if any, will change in the plans that dev team have?

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I think that this shows that people will be happy with a game that functions with 3 worlds over a game that is polished but only has 2 worlds.
    After that there is the constant work of content creation and balancing which people are used to in most all games.
    So give us Tartarus and open it up 24/7 with the understanding that all the systems may get changes, but you can play through them.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@OlivePit said in Quick poll results:

So give us Tartarus and open it up 24/7 with the understanding that all the systems may get changes, but you can play through them.

Unless there's a secret team thats been working on Demons for a couple years we are nowhere near close to tartarus. Considering its taken this long and we only have two races (one incomplete) and a myriad of base or core content that still is in development

Granted, there's very little functional difference between Humans and Beasts beyond some minor stat difference. (Primal form need not be mentioned as it is just..wow...bad) So Demons would just be a new skin over the top of Humans and Beasts. Having it be full time PvP should make it a bit easier to develop though.

If we wait for Demons before having a soft or full launch we could still be looking at a year if not more. Release sans Demons and find some lore method to introduce them at some later point.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Cool, I missed the poll but it's always nice to see feedback tools at work. Great analysis too.

The only surprising element to me is the taxes not being mentioned in the dislikes of the game; I guess the community understand their need or the test was too short for people to experience its effects.

Keep up the good work!

@grofire said in Quick poll results:

nice to know, what do you think this result show ? and what, if any, will change in the plans that dev team have?

@spoletta ^^^^^^^ ?

@grofire
    I don't know exactly how the devs will react to this.
    But IMO this results at least tell us that combat is no longer the Achille's heel of this game, but it is actually one of its perks. And this is huge.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured