Closed Beta Starts Soon!

• Hello adventurers!

The Fractured Online Closed Beta is starting on Apr 6, 2022!

No better time than now to learn more about Fractured Online than with a in-depth video with the CEO of Dynamight Studios, Jacopo Pietro Gallelli!

Learn more about Fractured Online!

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Just curious, is there a time? I.E, midnight in whatever time zone?

• I've seen the hype building around here over recent days and weeks, but we've finally arrived! April 6th cannot get here soon enough!

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

In the discord it was revealed that there will be no pre-selection of city sites for those with govenor packs...
    Can we at least get info and pictures of the new continent to help us make decisions as to which to go to?
    Or will it just be a blind land grab for the first few hours / days?

• Hell yeah!!

• Will people need to purchase the game or will those that were accepted in the last beta be granted access to this beta?

• Content Creator

@xGRAVExDANCERx There hasn't been a Beta yet. If you played in the last test without purchase, that was an Open Alpha, or you had a gift Code to get in. That code/open-invite was only good for that Test. In order to gain continued access to the Beta Testing phase of Fractured, you will need to buy a Founder's Pack, or get awarded a different Access Code through a contest or Content Partner program.

• @GamerSeuss thanks for the info!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Great news!

• @DarthJafo Hey hey!

When we have more information about the time servers will go live we'll be sure to notify you. 😉

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Arcahem said in Closed Beta Starts Soon!:

@DarthJafo Hey hey!

When we have more information about the time servers will go live we'll be sure to notify you. 😉

Awesome thank you !

Also..when we are actually able to download the game, not just the launcher 🙂

How are you going to handle people who want to play as a different race, but lack character slots? Are they supposed to delete their human character and hence loose all progress? Should they wait with starting the beta till there's a different race available?

Is the game still using the deprecated SpatialOS Unity GDK for the backend or was it migrated to IMS zeuz? Are you allowed to selfhost? Who's the entity that owns the server (physically and legally) Gamigo or DS?

The Gamigo data transfer news implies that gamigo US inc. is now hosting and managing the website and forum. I was told by a moderator that's not true and it's still DS for both. Could you clarify the physical and legal ownership of the server for the website/forum and who's in charge for configuration/maintenance of the server and who's in charge for updates on the code?

• @Logain said in Closed Beta Starts Soon!:

Is the game still using the deprecated SpatialOS Unity GDK for the backend or was it migrated to IMS zeuz? Are you allowed to selfhost? Who's the entity that owns the server (physically and legally) Gamigo or DS?

The Gamigo data transfer news implies that gamigo US inc. is now hosting and managing the website and forum. I was told by a moderator that's not true and it's still DS for both. Could you clarify the physical and legal ownership of the server for the website/forum and who's in charge for configuration/maintenance of the server and who's in charge for updates on the code?

SpatialOS hasn't been deprecated, also.. SpatialOS and zeuz are different things.

Regarding the data transfer, that screams GDPR compliance more than anything to me.. We're using the Glyph launcher so it makes sense they'd house login information etc.. Considering the payment portal changes and public comments on the revenue share, I don't see anything out of the ordinary.. 🤔

@Vortech said in Closed Beta Starts Soon!:

SpatialOS hasn't been deprecated, also.. SpatialOS and zeuz are different things(...)

The Improbable Unity GDK Github mentions:
    '(...)This is the repository for the last version of the GDK plugin that is compatible with the SpatialOS legacy platform. The GDK is frozen for users who have not yet migrated their project to SpatialOS running on zeuz.(...)'

There's currently no active branch for Unity and SpatialOS on Github. The Improbable webpage indicates a rebranding to SpatialOS on IMS zeuz.
    That said, I'm not affiliated with Improbable, so I don't have any insight on the short, mid or long term strategy.

(...)I don't see anything out of the ordinary(...)

That's not what I asked.

• @Logain said in Closed Beta Starts Soon!:

The Improbable Unity GDK Github mentions:
    '(...)This is the repository for the last version of the GDK plugin that is compatible with the SpatialOS legacy platform. The GDK is frozen for users who have not yet migrated their project to SpatialOS running on zeuz.(...)'

There's currently no active branch for Unity and SpatialOS on Github. The Improbable webpage DOES NOT indicates a rebranding to SpatialOS on IMS zeuz.

I've bolded and italicized the important bits for you. So there's three different things here.. You have zeuz which is a hardware backend software management solution, SpatialOS which is a networking engine, and IMS which can be a managed solution/consultancy product that can tie it all together (Improbable Multiplayer Services).

@Logain said in Closed Beta Starts Soon!:

That's not what I asked.

You overlooked another part

We're using the Glyph launcher so it makes sense they'd house login information etc.. Considering the payment portal >changes and public comments on the revenue share

Hope all this helps.

• Content Creator

@Logain I believe the plan is to allow at least 3 character slots on each account, plus some tiers of backers got bonus slots, and some might pay for more slots. With 3 slots, you can have 1 of each over-race as it stands.

(...)I've bolded and italicized the important bits for you(...)

Ok, if we're into tossing terminology around.
    I never said that SpatialOS has been deprecated. I said that there's a deprecated SpatialOS Unity GDK. As you can clearly see on the Github page, the GDK plugin that is compatible with the SpatialOS legacy platform is frozen. And migration to running SpatialOS on zeuz should happen. SpatialOS has been a SaaS from the very beginning, only the orchestration is changing with Improbable acquiring zeuz.
    This has been my question from the beginning, has that migration happened yet for Fractured.

(...)You overlooked another part(...)

Yes, because it didn't address my question. It answered what you thought you read would be the idea behind my question. It's not. I didn't mention GDPR, a launcher, a payment portal and revenue share.
    I asked specifically for the physical and legal ownership of the website/forum server, because that can be different from the Glyph database. I asked specifically who's in charge of configuration/maintenance and who's in charge of updates on the code.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured