Cash Shop Items You'd [Consider] Buy

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I was wondering what you'd be interested in buying from a cash shop within Fractured? Now this isn't about p2w or about trading these items to other players. I just want to give DS a list of items the current interested people would consider buying to they can see the types of items we're interested in.

• Armor Cosmetics
    • Can be separated into Light, Medium and Heavy types. Could be thick cloth, hardened leather or chainmail
    • Weapon Cosmetics
    • Can be unique flaming/chilled/lightning effects that attach to the weapon. Change a sword into a scicle, or a staff into a scythe. Bow into a crossbow or compound bow.
    • Mount Cosmetics
    • Can be different styles horses, or other beast
    • Stances (melee combat animation)
    • Spell FX
    • Voice Lines
    • House styles

So long as the visual fits the theme of the game and we aren't seeing pink teddy outfits or horse heads or automobiles as mounts, I'd be happy.

I would rather pay a small subscription than be expected to buy from a cash shop. I am not going to lie, I have nearly sold my soul in Star Citizen, I paid more than my fair share in the Ashes of Creation kickstarter, but I am not a cash shop kind of guy. I dabbled with it in MWO but it never felt good. I would rather earn what I can. Well to be honest there hasn't been a cash shop that appealed to me. If I could buy superior crafting tools that say do not wear out and look cool when being used... well that I could see as valuable, cosmetic only items though.... not so much. While I understand you must not cross the thresh hold of pay to win I think simple tools that do not wear out vs tools that are inexpensive but have to be fixed by NPCs from time to time is not a P2W deal. So there you have it. I would pay for cool looking indestructible crafting tools.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Like @Mazikar I'm more of a sub type person. If you have a good game that has substance and a depth of content, people are then willing to pay the sub fee. Now, I dont expect them to go for the sub path but I do prefer it. Gaining a cool looking mount or weapon effect because I achieved it or found it as a drop is way more satisfying than just dropping my debit card. In saying that, some alt spell particles or colour variances for both gear and particles would be nice. The improved tools idea is good too. Maybe skins for the different types of mounts too? I'd like to see different mount types having different stats and not all being the same. So having different looks for each mount would be great. I'm not opposed to the non-combat pets either as long as the combat pets arent removed of gimped to push you towards paying for them.

@miffi

this was a problem in Destiny 2. but that isn't what the post is about as the developers can put good looking cosmetics in the game but they need more income than just a box sale. We see they offer Dynamight Gold in the Foundation rewards so this leads me to believe they'll have a cash shop. There's been 1 game in the last 5 years that's started as a subscription and has maintained it, that IP is FFXIV:ARR. All other sub based games have had to switch away from subs. Even WoW and Eve offer a means for players to play without needing to buy with cash.

@jetah Right, I do agree. Thats why I said I dont expect them to go down that path. Still sucks though, I dont want content to suffer because it eggs you on to buying in the cash shop which is what I see a lot of the time. Regardless though, I know a sub is an unrealistic approach.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@miffi if the sub is just a pay to play I'm up too. but if the sub is something like a pay to boost I dislike it.

Anything that's not P2W.

Cosmetics mainly.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

weapons 10+

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Please no loot boxs don't ruin a good thing. Cosmetics only no xp boost or extra bank space BS.

@xanowrath said in Cash Shop Items You'd [Consider] Buy:

Please no loot boxs don't ruin a good thing. Cosmetics only no xp boost or extra bank space BS.

Foundation already has loot boxes as rewards. I made another post asking about them.

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/1701/stance-on-rng-loot-boxes/

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I always like those companion pets. Not ones that would fight but ones that would follow you about and just be amusing. Little mini-bosses that run about saying their catch phrases and such. I've done many a quest to get these as rewards or drops but I have to admit to purchasing a few as well.

@ladyrowan said in Cash Shop Items You'd [Consider] Buy:

I always like those companion pets. Not ones that would fight but ones that would follow you about and just be amusing. Little mini-bosses that run about saying their catch phrases and such. I've done many a quest to get these as rewards or drops but I have to admit to purchasing a few as well.

how would you feel if those pets were only seen by you? like imaginary pets so to speak. then a joke helmet with special goggles/glasses could be worn to "see other players pets"?

I'd like to see Character Slots in the cash shop. I understand it might already be intended to be there but if the base game includes 3 slots (enough for 1 on each planet) then could be expanded to say 20 slots total (so 17 purchased in some manor). That should be enough for the first 5 years of the game. Then it could be increased to 50.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah Yeah I asked that few time ago but I don0t remeber the thread ^^. IF we get limited char slots I hope to see something on the store to expand it 5$ for each extra char would be fair.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah I think some ideas could be worked around having invisible pets. I could also see some application to role playing in creating an invisible friend that you speak to with others not being able to see it. I'm not sure about googles to be able to see them; a spell for a short period or a buff to see invisible I think should work. Not sure if anything like that would be in the game so I'm making a guess.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Cosmetic items only and things that don't impact the game itself (stat boosts etc)

@ladyrowan

i only thought to make them invisible to others to help those people with low end game systems. there are times when i just don't want to see non-combat pets.

For me I wouldn't mind cosmetic items or companion pets. However, I wouldn't be a fan of stuff that negativity impacts crafters.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Pets that collect the booty obtained in a battle, but never players / users who have died this could be bad for the community because if two go for the loot the pet would get it.
    Developers of Fractured do this reality please I do not want to die picking up the loot of the beasts that I kill all the time, thanks!
    @Specter let us know our beloved gods of Fractured 💃

@finland Completely agree.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured