Thank you for everyone that participated in the Siege, some feedback from Criminal Hype.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

So for someone who didn't participate in the siege, we quickly uploaded a video of the siege :

So our feedback goes as follows:

The idea is very good, the potential of sieges is fun.
    But, and there are some buts:

The Reward

So before we initiated the siege(raid) we didn't know what the reward would be, we just did it to test the mechanic and system of it.
    But after the siege we were told that the reward would be 1 up keep worth of resources, so in our case 80 sacks of grains and 40 sacks of protein.
    So let me tell you now, i don't think the reward is worth it.
    You are paying 30k to initiate the raid, and you are only getting this much sacks.
    And where are all those sacks of food are coming from?
    If you are doing a system like that, it would made sense that the food should go from the Defender's Town hall, and if they don't have enough food at the moment, The attackers would get the food, but the defender's town will be downgraded.

Spawn Time

Our experience will the spawn time, that it is too much.
    There is no spawn time practically, and somebody can just spawn re-gear 3 seconds, and go back to battle almost immediately, it shouldn't be like that.
    It's either you make the spawn time longer, or you make the flag with a distance from the spawn place, so there is some time before the person who died would be fighting again.

Getting Knocked out

You should remove knocking down in sieges.
    The mechanic of the knocking down may work in open world, but on sieges the knocking down doesn't make any sense.
    Our experience was that we spent half of the fight ( yes it was a short fight, but it would be the same half of the time if the fight was longer) to actually finish the knocked out players, this shouldn't be the case.

Flag Location and Mission

So the mission for the siege is to destroy the flag that is in front of the Town Hall, which is the respawn point.
    As seen on the video and i counted the flag has something like 20k HP, and as seen on the video we destroyed it pretty quickly.
    And one of the things that was said after the raid that the HP should be higher.
    So our feedback is, is it doesn't really how much HP the flag would have, because few people will be able to destroy it naked with a weapon ( just taking Enrage and Deathbargain) and the flag is destroyed.
    So we think the mechanic with destroying the flag should be abandoned, and instead there should be a Capture point, take for example Crystals/Arena/GvG in Albion, with the same concept, that you need to capture the location of where the flag is, And it will work like atleast 1 member of the attackers has to stand on the capture point without any defender in the circle for example for 5 minutes ( not straight but accumulative).
    Because capturing shows dominance, and if you are the dominant team you will capture the flag.

So this is our few cents on the matter, as i said already we are not big speakers, and i don't know to construct a feedback professionally or whatever, but i did my best to help the dev team.

I think you should have also received one rank up worth of gold, so 50k.

• Wiki Editor

When i decided to stay awake, i said i will regret it tomorrow.
    I didnโ€˜t regret, even i am totally destroyed today, sleepwise. ๐Ÿ˜‚

My thank is also for everyone who was participating!
    Special thanks to the defender, who jumped to the fight, even they know, they are not well prepared, or such noobs as i am. ๐Ÿ˜‰

What should i say, it was going very fast. Awesome, how Prometheus was a bit surprised. And some good talks afterwards.

It was a joy to watch your record about it @munch
    Chapeau about your coordination.

@munch said:

The Reward
    And where are all those sacks of food are coming from?
    If you are doing a system like that, it would made sense that the food should go from the Defender's Town hall, and if they don't have enough food at the moment, The attackers would get the food, but the defender's town will be downgraded.

It is exactly like that.
    From our Townhall was taken 50k Gold and 80 Cereal and 40 Proteine Sacks, the amount you need to pay to make rank 12.
    If we woulnโ€˜t have these in the Townhalls storage, we would have been deranked to rank 11.

Spawn Time

I can confirm, that the spawntimer is that short.
    If we hadnโ€˜t fight right next to the townhall, we would have a longer way to the battle again. Usually is the fight next to the defender flag the last step of the whole fight, if they have Palisades.
    Also not to forget, you lose per death items, so you probably will not that strong as before anymore.
    But i also think the respawn is too fast, at least it feeled like directly stepping into the fight again.
    As a player who likes consequences in games, i even think finishing should be a hard thing to perform in a Siege and if someone gots finished, he is out of the fight at whole.
    But i think, not much people would go with me here ๐Ÿ˜‰

Getting Knocked out

You should remove knocking down in sieges.
    The mechanic of the knocking down may work in open world, but on sieges the knocking down doesn't make any sense.
    Our experience was that we spent half of the fight ( yes it was a short fight, but it would be the same half of the time if the fight was longer) to actually finish the knocked out players, this shouldn't be the case.

For this one i donโ€˜t go with you, i think finishing can have an important place as i said above.
    But even if it is as it is now, if you want loot from the opposite, you need to take this time, even it means you get distracted from the turmoil of battle.

Flag Location and Mission

So the mission for the siege is to destroy the flag that is in front of the Town Hall, which is the respawn point.
    As seen on the video and i counted the flag has something like 20k HP, and as seen on the video we destroyed it pretty quickly.
    And one of the things that was said after the raid that the HP should be higher.
    So our feedback is, is it doesn't really how much HP the flag would have, because few people will be able to destroy it naked with a weapon ( just taking Enrage and Deathbargain) and the flag is destroyed.
    So we think the mechanic with destroying the flag should be abandoned, and instead there should be a Capture point, take for example Crystals/Arena/GvG in Albion, with the same concept, that you need to capture the location of where the flag is, And it will work like atleast 1 member of the attackers has to stand on the capture point without any defender in the circle for example for 5 minutes ( not straight but accumulative).
    Because capturing shows dominance, and if you are the dominant team you will capture the flag.

I am going here with you, the mechanic with the Flag is very bumpy.
    Also to say, i not even noticed a Healthbar of the Flag, so i was like โ€žWhat, why the flag was gone so immediately?โ€œ
    There should be an very visible marker of the status of the flag.
    I am sure, the fight would be more challenging, when a town has Palisades.
    But i think, there should be a bit more challenge, once you break through the walls.
    Sadly i donโ€˜t have enough PVP experience to give here advices, how the fight would be better.
    Just some thoughts from my side. Beside the Palisades, there could be some defending town builds, that you just can build up if a siege is declared. Some barricades or such stuff, that makes the path to the Flag a bit more difficult. But that this can work, we would need collision control at the Characters.

All in all, i am glad, i stayed awake.
    I am a carebear, but i donโ€˜t mind to die for the good sake. ๐Ÿ˜˜

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Kralith About the reward, its good that it took all of that from you, i am glad you said that.

I didn't want to report this here, because I wrote it directly to Promotheus as a bug, the truth is we didn't get anything at all for the siege it is bugged at the moment, so i couldn't know about the gold, but if the Attackers get 50k and the food for the siege, it makes it kinda worth it i guess.

About the palisades, and the location of the flag with the flag system as it is now, they contradict each other, and i will explain:

As of now, you can stay on the flag, and spawn on top of it almost, almost immediately re-gear and fight again, So why should you defend the palisades, if its a 30vs30 fight, all the 30 players can just wait on the flag, and never it let be captured or destroyed, and not care about the palisades.

• Wiki Editor

@munch said in Thank you for everyone that participated in the Siege, some feedback from Criminal Hype.:

I didn't want to report this here, because I wrote it directly to Promotheus as a bug, the truth is we didn't get anything at all for the siege it is bugged at the moment, so i couldn't know about the gold, but if the Attackers get 50k and the food for the siege, it makes it kinda worth it i guess.

Yes, i think it is a fair deal for a raid.

And about Bugs ๐Ÿ˜„ there are some around this mechanics ๐Ÿ˜‰
    First the prime time bug, i guess you took 1 am, since it was the earliest possible.
    For your guys it must have been more worse time than for me.
    Also we skipped the palisade thing, since we also had to deal with a Prestige bug.
    And short before the siege started, pealik had lost 40k with a item split bug, so we was almost in danger to lose a rank in this fight.
    But all in all, i am always expecting bugs in the tests, to find them is the reason i am playing all the tests. And for the reason to bring Prometheus and his team much work. ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Small joke, i always hope the Dynamight guys don't overwork themself.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@munch said in Thank you for everyone that participated in the Siege, some feedback from Criminal Hype.:

(...)you can stay on the flag, and spawn on top of it almost, almost immediately re-gear and fight again, So why should you defend the palisades, if its a 30vs30 fight, all the 30 players can just wait on the flag, and never it let be captured or destroyed, and not care about the palisades.

In a 'real fight' that would be a risky strategy. One big push and your flag is gone, because the defenders only have one flag. It is far more beneficial for the defenders to try and destroy the flag(s) of the attackers! Had the defenders used this strategy, they would have sent one person towards your flag and the rest defending. Your flag would have been gone in seconds and the siege ended, while your three people were still fighting.
    Attackers can have up to 5 flags, so it takes a bit more coordination to tackle that, but it is difficult to guard all 5 flags as well and at the same time use siege weapons to break the wall.

• Wiki Editor

@Logain But you forget, you can have up to 30 people on each side.
    That you can coordordinate way different, than just with 5 or 10 people.
    All depends on the strategie and how you will be able to keep them away to hit the flag.
    But all in all, the success is quite random, if a flag is going down in seconds, the only thing that we get with that, that there will be storm troopers on each side, rush to the flag and hit it down.
    And if there is no palisade, each Raid will end in under 10 Minutes.

@Kralith don't consider what happened last time. After the one hand weapon fighting fix, it will be a lot harder to take down the flag.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@spoletta Nah, few troopers as he said, with Enrage and Deathbargain will be able to take it down.
    The Flag destroying shouldn't be a thing, it should be a capture mechanic.

• Wiki Editor

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I am so glad that there was a video. I died so fast that I didnโ€™t know what hit me and I wondered if I really was that terrible at PVP. Then I watched the video. I now know that I am just bad at it. You all wanted me dead so bad that I didnโ€™t stand a chance and that made me feel so much better about the whole thing, LOL.

While the raid might have been very short and we lost horribly it was still fun and pointed out where work needs to be done so I am very happy about that. Thanks for giving us a chance to participate in a raid.

BTW, I hope someone enjoyed the worn-out gear they took from my inventory ๐Ÿ™‚

• DymStudios - CEO

Thank you for the feedback @munch and apologies to everyone who participated in that bugfest of a siege ๐Ÿ˜ž

We definitely have to make some improvements to the siege system, including respawning and the banner destruction mechanic as a whole. We're going to come up with something before the start of the next test ๐Ÿ™‚

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured