New Layout

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Are there still going to be land claims throughout the map? or is it just around cities?
    I don't remember there being anything specific in the spotlights.

Also, what happened to the map? I assume it is being updated and will be back before the test?
    Another map question, can you zoom out, or rather could you, is there any way to get a full view of the map on the website? It seemed a little clunky to move around, was there some feature i missed?

• Community Manager

@Mirgannel12

Just around cities. The map will come back but I don't think you can zoom out on it.

too bad, I liked the idea of just being a hermit in the middle of nowhere

yeah. i was a hermit every test too till i became a governor. It was really fun. maybe they will make it possible on Arboreus?

@Xzait that is a good point; will living space/habitations be different on the different worlds? and exactly how does a demon city work?

@Mirgannel12 said in New Layout:

@Xzait that is a good point; will living space/habitations be different on the different worlds? and exactly how does a demon city work?

demon city? you mean giant rubble pile? XD

@Xzait said in New Layout:

ty? you mean giant rubble pil

I bet demon cities will all have to be built underneath the ground as walls won't be able to last long with all that constant fighting! 🙂

too bad, I liked the idea of just being a hermit in the middle of nowhere

One possibility I saw that might interest you: there are usually open land parcels near mines and near 'fertile grounds' outside of city limits. Either would enable a prosperous hermit life!

For a more social opportunity to be away from the crowd, I was very grateful for the folks who built on land parcels close to major combat areas and then left their fireplaces 'public' for folks to recharge. It might be worth an experiment to find out whether a 'give a little take a little' public chest in such a home might work, or whether more Myrians would be greedy than cooperative...? 🤔

@Xzait that was kind of my point yes 😛

@Ostaff well, the titles I saw, on the kickstarter page were all tending towards the understandable sorts of things; nobility for humans, benevolent druidic for the beast races, and tyrannical for the demons.
    It would be cool if there were actually different styles of government, namely that cities on Arboreus have some sort of communal structure with a leading 'wise-man/woman', while humans have a single ruler either elected or suffered by the populace, and the demons were kept in line (and from destroying their own cities 😛 ) by a tyrant powerful enough to do so.
    I imagine this will happen to some degree, considering it is all up to the players and character tendencies will be reflected in race choice, but there probably wont be all that much difference between most cities, because, well, the players are all (relatively) normal people 😕

@PeachMcD (I dont know how to do the thing you people do where you put the quote you are referencing in its own little spot)
    Are these land parcels as of the new city layout? or the old one?

I did come across a few such habitations myself, and was likewise grateful, which does bring up another point; unlike 'real life', where a band of adventurers might happen on a hermits dwelling (hypothetically) avail themselves of fire and shelter, and be on their way either after destroying the place or doing some chores and tidying up after themselves, depending on what sort of adventurers they are, the hermit, upon returning home, assuming he had not been there at the time, would notice something, and realise people had been there, in the game however, aside from destroying the place, which i assume will be possible, there is no way for the hermit to know anyone had been there, or for a weary traveller to express their thanks, other than leaving some gift which might be taken by another adventurer.

I do like your idea of 'give a little take a little' but am likewise sceptical, then again, Fractured does have a criminal system that might be able to make it work; the main problem is that in games, unlike real life, there is little or no reason NOT to just take stuff, kill people etc. and players tend to do things they would never do in real life, or even if other players were around, and it doesn't look like the criminal system will be able to counter that 😞
    Then again, because items are all(?) player made in Fractured, and there is a criminal system, perhaps items could be 'tagged' as belonging to a certain player? so if an item is stolen, it might be tracked down.

@Mirgannel12 there should be a reply and a quote option at the bottom right of each person's posts.

Having name tags on equipment won't matter in most cases, as there will be dedicated crafters people buy their gear from. So, in theory, a lot of players will have gear equipped, with someone else's name on it, instead of their own. I myself plan to craft basic gear... but my main focus will be gathering reagents for my city to use. I will potentially be selling some of those reagents and buying gear with the coin i make (if i decide to sell, instead of just donate), or trade reagents and useful crafting components instead, for crafted pieces of equipment.

@Mirgannel12

I have the feeling that dwellings will be quite different between planets if not for the mere fact that resources will be different between planets. Arboreus is going to be heavily wooded, Tartoros is going to be barren, and Syndesia is suppose to be somewhere in between those two. With that said, I see Arboreus having a lot of Wood dwellings that do not take from the beauty of the land around them. Tartaros, as much as I would like them to be underneath the ground, will most likely be made of stone and not wood as water will be scarce on that planet.

We have yet to see anything from the other planets, but it is my hope that the devs (especially with their ability to hire more staff now) will make the cities completely different between planets. Also, it is stated in the articles that only Humans have a tech tree like they do as that is their "specialty" where as Beastman have nature powers on their planet and Demons have passive powers on their planet.

• Content Creator

aside from destroying the place, which i assume will be possible,...

They Devs have already said that Cities could be Raided/Sieged but that private parcels could not be attacked at all.

As to the 'appreciation' aspect of the Herbitage, there is always a 'Tip Jar' feature that equates to a lockbox with a slot at the top where coins could be added, but the box is anchored and locked so only the owner could remove the coins.

@GamerSeuss said in New Layout:

As to the 'appreciation' aspect of the Hermitage, there is always a 'Tip Jar' feature that equates to a lockbox with a slot at the top where coins could be added, but the box is anchored and locked so only the owner could remove the coins.

OOOOhhhhh!!!! YES! Can we get one of those? Please please please @Prometheus 🌹 🙏

I only wish I could upvote GamersSeuss's post more times.

a81e55ff-b980-4522-9b1a-e4ab68676259-image.png

• DymStudios - CEO

Are there still going to be land claims throughout the map? or is it just around cities?

Private land parcels outside of cities are now clustered into residential areas, but they're not necessarily close to cities. I mean, for now they mostly are, but you can already find several that are pretty far away 🙂

@Xzait ah, so thats what the quote thing is for
    I meant ownership tags, not crafter tags; so that if an item is gained legally it says so.
    Another point: what about naming weapons?

@Ostaff said in New Layout:

@Mirgannel12

Also, it is stated in the articles that only Humans have a tech tree like they do as that is their "specialty" where as Beastman have nature powers on their planet and Demons have passive powers on their planet.

I did not know that, but i like it

i didnt do it right did i

you are supposed to leave the > things in there as part of the quote. I don't know if naming weapons has been touched on yet. Other than player made weapons, relics, etc. (because of pledge pack benefits), i don't believe there will be any 'exclusive' or 'unique' items in the game, like you see in anime's based in MMO's where a player randomly puts a raddish instead of a stick and suddenly they have a turnip launcher, instead of a staff, that no1 has ever made or seen before.

• Content Creator

Since all weapons degrade and can be recreated with the right 'recipe' of reagents, I seriously doubt there will anything equivalent to named weapons in Fractured. Your not actually meant to stick with a single weapon, but rather encouraged to get good with a few, because nothing lasts forever, and there won't even be repair abilities

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured