Are guilds world specific.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

As the game is going to be taking place across three worlds with very different play styles, how are guilds planned to be anchored, if at all. Will a guild only be able to function and control parts of one of the 3 worlds or are they restricted to a single world? If they are restricted, can they migrate?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Farskye

Yes, in-game guilds are planet specific....but as we all know... guilds are no longer "only" in-game. There are several guilds that are already planning to be cross-planetary.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Ostaff Did you have a source for that? I seem to remember it being mentioned in a video that guilds were alignment restricted, but they didn't mention whether guilds were planet specific or not. Of course things change, so was wondering if maybe there was a more recent source.

• Content Creator

Guilds are Alignment and Race locked, that would make them Planet Specific, as each Core Race has an Associated Planet.

Afaik they are only Alignment locked, so a Beastmen could probably join a Human Guild without problems. Talk about this has been a while ago, so this for sure is still subject to change ^^

@Jignutz said in Are guilds world specific.:

change, so was wondering if maybe there was a more rece

As @GamerSeuss stated.... guilds are Race restricted (which also means alignment restricted in a sense because races are also pretty much alignment dependent) and therefore are planet specific. Now.. that does not mean that a guild can not cross over to another planet using gates and events, however, it does mean that in-game guilds will only mainly operate on their race's home planet as that is the only place they will be able to control a city.

@Eurav ... When creating a guild, the guild race allowed is dependent upon rather the leader is a demon, human or beastman, in-game you are allowed to have humans of different alignments within your guild. Therefore, guilds are Race specific and not alignment specific.

The wiki doesn't reflect that humans have a specific alignment.

Since you are so sure on that, do you have a source for that information that Guilds are race specific, and a Beastmen living on Syndesia, or e.g. an Angel, or even a Lich, can't join a Good Aligned Human Guild?

Whatever restrictions are in place for specific guilds (planet, race, alignment), citizenship isn't linked to guild, so a toon can be a citizen on any planet. Players get at least 3 toons.

Also, I've already seen guilds cooperating, and players w'in guilds claiming nearby cities to take advantage of resource distribution.

I think it's going to be very interesting watching things shake out, and then do it again and again, as the Fractured universe grows.

@PeachMcD

Aye, there are no "designated" Guild Cities in the game anymore, however, cities will still be mostly owned and ran by a guild even if the city allows for another guild to "share" the city, since there can be only 1 governor. The player permission rights are set to "Public, Guild, Friend, Party, Personal".... which means guild wise... it will be defaulted to that specific player's guild and then rights given as "friends" for the allied guild members.

Also, @Prometheus has already stated that non-locals will not be able to "siege" a city. They will only be able to do raids. Which again means that in-game guilds will be stationed on their home planet and not able setup bases on a different planet.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Ostaff Do you have a source on guilds being race restricted?

@Jignutz

Yes, I do. It is the way the game is currently implemented. Create a new account, go to "Create Guild" and you will see that the race is set to your hero profile's selected race. Within the last alpha test, we were able to have guild members of all alignments, therefore guilds are not alignment restricted.

As I told Eurav in private, it is less likely that they would make "coding" changes and more likely to make changes to statements that they made before the game had ever been developed. Also, it is just more feasible to have it restricted by race instead of alignments, because other wise a guild would have to be created for "Neutral" alignment even tough there will probably be very few neutral aligned players. Also.. alignments change much more than races do.

• Content Creator

@Ostaff said in Are guilds world specific.:

Yes, I do. It is the way the game is currently implemented. Create a new account, go to "Create Guild" and you will see that the race is set to your hero profile's selected race.

Add to this, if you want to invite another player to your guild, it will only allow you to do so if the race matches.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I guess where I'm most curious, and I expect this hasn't been fleshed out yet based on what we seem to currently know, is how angels and abominations fit in. For example, if you want to be a guild leader of angels/humans, could you start your guild on the demon planet and move your people over to the human planet. All of this sounds super cool regardless. I can't wait to see more of what Fractured will be as development continues.

@Ostaff said in Are guilds world specific.:

(...)It is the way the game is currently implemented (...) it is less likely that they would make "coding" changes and more likely to make changes to statements that they made before the game had ever been developed(...)

I'm not going to jump into the discussion there, since I have no credible source of information, but I seriously dare to doubt that conclusion. They are often implementing 'placeholders', in order to be able to advance on a different topic, which is then being completely reworked later on. That's actually a rather common practice with programming and I can't imagine that guild functionality would be considered final and fleshed out just yet.

Unless I'm not misremembering, before some time it was stated that guilds are for now considered to be alignment restricted. But it was also stated that game was far from release, and they might reconsider things as development goes on.

So this may still change, nothing is set in stone yet.

@GamerSeuss So guilds are restricted by race? I could see alignment for game purposes evil and good should not mix. Neutral should be able to go into any guild and I don't see how race should matter since alignments can change as you play. Maybe some of this will change as we get closer to release.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Ostaff Thank you, this answers my question perfectly.

It did seem odd that they would restrict it by alignment due to the ease with which alignment can shift. It seems like the exact nature and purpose of travel between the worlds is still being worked out, which will likely determine how race will affect guild membership.

• Content Creator

@Farlander Actually, in a game like Fractured, restricting by race makes the most sense.

Racially restricting guilds basically has the affect of restricting initial alignment, and world, by just adding 1 limiter. As Alignment, and even world can change, but race generally doesn't (not counting sub-type changes, which is what we'll call Demons and Abominations currently) by restricting Race, they get the most bang for their buck and don't have to input a bunch of separate limiters. They also don't have to worry about what happens to a person's Guild membership if something changes with the character. Alignment should be an every shifting possibility, and although world hopping isn't meant to be easy, it is going to happen, and if these were Guild membership restrictions, the question comes up as to whether the character would have to abandon their guild, be put on an Inactive status, or whatever when these changes happen.

Personally, I would personally like to see full sandbox mode here, and not restrict guilds by any factor.

Let people organize and make social structures how they like. 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured