Toxic behaviors ......

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I have noticed a tremendous amount of Toxicity in chat. Anyone seems to notice this since last test? I cant put my finger on it. Seems there were more negative tones in General chat, seems a tone of whine and annoyance. Or maybe its just people trying to give ideas but not sure how to convey it as a suggestion and not a complaint.

I would assume it is due to maybe them not knowing what phase of what is to be tested ? So talking out of turn on the process, IE complaining (suggestion) on PVP when this isn't the test on that subject. Alpha 2.3 was city planning for the main test.

Im not sure just noticed and was wondering if anyone else noticed this ?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I have indeed noticed a "difference" in both chat and discord lately as well.

Not sure if it is due to increase in players, or expectations of what's available?

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Oxfurd My opinion is as follows. First I am a first time backer and tester as of this test. Second This game gained a lot more attention from the first time I started looking at it to now. It grew fast due to this test and many more content creators. So few items I feel lead to this:

1. Many that have tested this in the past said the content didn't change much environment wise Mobs etc.. (I would have personally liked to see a few more locations to explore)

2. Yes it was a city test... Yet testing city and plots, placements, etc.. does not take that long to accomplish.

3. This is open sandbox advertised PVP game focused on sieging in the future. Thus your main player base that is very passionate is lusting for this interaction. (Although its a test for cities not having much of this caused a "Lag" in availability besides killing gobbo's for 12 hours)

So the conclusion is simple really... The game is gaining Hype its appealing to those hardcore open sandbox pvp player bases. They are getting really excited at the idea. The test IMO is to long at this point. A 10 Day test would have sufficed for City testing only.

Now we are suppose to be getting some kind of patch "Today" that is promised to fill the servers again. We will have to wait and see.

I see all this though as a good thing. With the anticipation and growth due to "Content Creators" like yourself. I can see the game moving a bit faster moving forward. And I for one am very excited about the end game and direction!

@Wika I understand the opinion you have on what you think of how a game should be developed and the need to think it should move a some determined pace. I do honestly. That being said allow me to say this with out being misunderstood.

Who cares what you think should happen in the time frame it should happen. This is find is a problem in this industry. We as "hardcore" anything putting our predetermined thoughts on how something should go, how long or even how short. I know you would have to agree there isn't anything worth playing out there in the world as far as good quality games goes, hence the reason we are here hoping this is the next big things. We are consumers at the core of it. Why is it we cant just allow the process to be done well and not fast. The way this Team does its testing is one of the reasons they have the product they have at this point. The "hype train" is all well and good i get that also. But to be fair to them they can and more than likely test and test more to make sure its right. We need to learn just because you or me or anyone for that matter spent money on something doesn't give us the right to demand anything more then what they said they would offer when they do.

This is why when everyone who backed in this last phase gets testy that the "mobs" are the same and there isn't anything new from the last test as far as environment , there is a reason. As for the length does that really matter if the servers are open longer the "10 days"? nope some people are doing more then city testing. Some people are working on meta. Also they have stated in other talks about how they test their new features. They don't do the full feature its the base and then they build from there.

This is by no means an attack on you or anyone else. This is just something I have seen growing and its becoming Toxic. I would like to see if there is a way to curve that and try to turn the "Hardcore" people into helpers and not complainers. Believe me I spent a TON of money on this also with the packages i have and the one I have donated and i want this to be the best game it can be. SO if i have to wait a little bit longer for it to cook properly then im willing to do it and help test it as needed.

Thanks for reading this - 1cent its worth.

I have just noticed a difference in people in general. It seems over the years people just get meaner especially online where repercussions for their words are minimal. Then on the other side people have such thin skins they lash out over anything perceived as an insult. Why does this apply to discussing the game? Because people have trouble conducting a civil conversation even about something so trivial as the mechanics of a game that does nothing other than provide enjoyment.

@Farlander said in Toxic behaviors ......:

I have just noticed a difference in people in general. It seems over the years people just get meaner especially online where repercussions for their words are minimal. Then on the other side people have such thin skins they lash out over anything perceived as an insult. Why does this apply to discussing the game? Because people have trouble conducting a civil conversation even about something so trivial as the mechanics of a game that does nothing other than provide enjoyment.

Its become as bad as , well close as Facebook and the political stance someone has. No one aside from the person posting cares as deeply as the poster about said idea. The opinion is just that and its not fact so fighting for it is a dangerous thing I suppose. I'd like to see more back and forth with more tact and less personal "hurt" behind it I guess.

It all boils down to we do value the money we spend on the backer packages, but a Dollar/Euro is only worth its value. So i pay 300+us to be a backer this does not grant me the "power" to push my ideas with such force.
    For example I caught wind of a guild stating they were leaving because the "chat" is so toxic. Say what you will but the truth is the Chat system is not close to being done. And if you cant ignore the chat (I do due to Discord spoiling me) and get offened over it to the point of not wanting to continue playing the game thats an odd choice and a bit harsh. But again it was a bit of the dumb side most of the time. Anyways your point is a good one and thank you for the input @Farlander

• Wiki Editor

I‘ve noticed it too.
    To be honest, in reason of getting overloaded by work last 2 weeks and some slight cold i had last days, i prevented to watch out all these forum posts and using Discord. But for reason, because i saw a more rude behaviour all around.
    I wanted to be the part of the community, who guaranteed the balance, but i could not effort this last weeks.
    But i was expecting it since long time, that our grown up community gets more and more people who are not that grown up and who like to cause trouble.
    I really think, we need to stand this. Mostly you can‘t do much against Trolls, except to ignore them.
    People who seems just to be a bit rude, you maybe can lead to a more constructive path.
    But you will not be able to eliminate toxicity.
    Our grown up community just can show their faces and try to be as solid as a rock.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Oxfurd I understand your passion, and nothing is meant in a negative way towards anyone. This quote thought “Who cares what you think should happen in the time frame it should happen.” This one is a slippery slope. Games in development are always looking for opinions and feedback. Thus, why they open packages and forums and alphas for this precise reason. So, a statement like this is basically saying give me money for my idea then sit down and shut up. Not a good approach.

Quote “We as "hardcore" anything putting our predetermined thoughts on how something should go, how long or even how short. I know you would have to agree there isn't anything worth playing out there in the world as far as good quality games goes, hence the reason we are here hoping this is the next big things. We are consumers at the core of it. Why is it we can’t just allow the process to be done well and not fast.” I 100% agree with this. But based on the topic and understanding Human Nature we must look at the past we have all experienced. We have not had the best of luck with games. Legends of Aria – Changed Failed us greatly and is dead, COE (Do I even need to say anything else?), New World just smacked everyone who was looking for the old school sandbox style flat out drop kicked us. So, there is and will be ongoing frustration built up amongst the player base.

Quote “We need to learn just because you or me or anyone for that matter spent money on something doesn't give us the right to demand anything more then what they said they would offer when they do.” Agree Investing is a risk in anything, and time frames are built of “Road Maps” yes those can change (As they have here) and its understood by most. You cannot though expect investors to not have opinions or push for the return on investment in a product. This is a product we cannot forget that. Without investment this game would still just be an idea. Again, this is a “Pay me and Sit down” type of phrase again. We must keep an open mind and understand again Human Nature.

Quote “Believe me I spent a TON of money on this also with the packages I have and the one I have donated, and I want this to be the best game it can be. SO, if I have to wait a little bit longer for it to cook properly then I’m willing to do it and help test it as needed.” Again I 100% agree, good things take time to create. With that said “Human Nature” is different for everyone. Some investors expect quick returns, others understand it takes a little time, and then you have those who invest and have no expectation of returns for years. These are all valid and all opinions. Opinions and expectations are never bad nor good.

Quote “I would like to see if there is a way to curve that and try to turn the "Hardcore" people into helpers and not complainers.” Sadly, only wanting or pushing for positive opinions and feedback will never be reached not even after full release. This is because people are people and again opinions and feedback are neither good/bad or useful/useless... It’s all based on the perception and interpretation of the reader.

This has very little to do with content or progress of the game.

Keyboard warriors are not a new thing ......WoW Barrens chat 16 years ago, I lost count of the things 10 year old's up were or were not going to do to my dead mother's corpse, because that mining node was "Theirs".

Every little child from 10 to 60 knows they are safe in their little world and can bash away at the keyboard till their fingers bleed, with no price to pay, such is life online now,
    grow a thick skin and report to admin, in the hope they have the balls to ban idiots for being just that. "Idiots".

sooo first things first
    @Wika you know how to quote and give a reply to this quote, thats a really good and important thing 🙂
    thank you for this
    pls dont see the following sentences as attack as i just want to reply to them.

@Wika said in Toxic behaviors ......:

Many that have tested this in the past said the content didn't change much environment wise Mobs etc.. (I would have
    personally liked to see a few more locations to explore)

that depends on the time you are on board. yes, the difference in mobs didn't change much. i think there are no new creatures at all. in comparision to the first tests everything exploded in changes. the graphics got really well rounded up, many many creatures were added, the bioms changed pretty fundamentaly. so i understand some of the maybe pent up disappointment. there is nothing more to say than "be more patient" i guess

Yes it was a city test... Yet testing city and plots, placements, etc.. does not take that long to accomplish.

i cant see the problem here? new core features for testing and bug reporting. if you have enough of this you can enjoy the rest of the game. yes there didnt change much but at least you can play it

This is open sandbox advertised PVP game focused on sieging in the future. Thus your main player base that is very passionate is lusting for this interaction. (Although its a test for cities not having much of this caused a "Lag" in availability besides killing gobbo's for 12 hours)

pls show us where fractured (and dynamight) advertised this game as pvp focussed sieging game
    on the website:
    WHY IS FRACTURED UNIQUE?

Fractured is the first open-world sandbox MMORPG mixing action combat with fully interactable environments, appealing equally to lovers of competitive and cooperative gameplay. Jump right into the fray from day one. Defeat your enemies through your own skill and cleverness, not equipment or level. Gather resources, craft, trade and venture into legendary travels as a solitary hero, or start a settlement with your guild and grow it into the next empire.

yes PVP is important in the demon and partially in the human world, but saying fractured is a hardcore pvp focussed game is at least a pretty big understatement if its not plainly wrong

Quote “We as "hardcore" anything putting our predetermined thoughts on how something should go, how long or even how short. I know you would have to agree there isn't anything worth playing out there in the world as far as good quality games goes, hence the reason we are here hoping this is the next big things. We are consumers at the core of it. Why is it we can’t just allow the process to be done well and not fast.” I 100% agree with this. But based on the topic and understanding Human Nature we must look at the past we have all experienced. We have not had the best of luck with games. Legends of Aria – Changed Failed us greatly and is dead, COE (Do I even need to say anything else?), New World just smacked everyone who was looking for the old school sandbox style flat out drop kicked us. So, there is and will be ongoing frustration built up amongst the player base.

you completely agree with oxfurd but immediately relativize. You guys experienced many let downs. i really feel sry for you at this point and hope you find a game you really really love (and maybe in the late stages of development its fractured, that would be really great). Do i assume correctly that you think you have a saying in the development of fractured because you experienced the above? I cant read it otherwise. so in the love of all good and fair: no, it doesnt matter what you experienced or anything. @Oxfurd is right there. you are a consumer. if you like it, buy it. you are free to do what you want to.

Quote “We need to learn just because you or me or anyone for that matter spent money on something doesn't give us the right to demand anything more then what they said they would offer when they do.” Agree Investing is a risk in anything, and time frames are built of “Road Maps” yes those can change (As they have here) and its understood by most. You cannot though expect investors to not have opinions or push for the return on investment in a product. This is a product we cannot forget that. Without investment this game would still just be an idea. Again, this is a “Pay me and Sit down” type of phrase again. We must keep an open mind and understand again Human Nature.

i dont really understand your point there, can you please elaborate?

Quote “Believe me I spent a TON of money on this also with the packages I have and the one I have donated, and I want this to be the best game it can be. SO, if I have to wait a little bit longer for it to cook properly then I’m willing to do it and help test it as needed.” Again I 100% agree, good things take time to create. With that said “Human Nature” is different for everyone. Some investors expect quick returns, others understand it takes a little time, and then you have those who invest and have no expectation of returns for years. These are all valid and all opinions. Opinions and expectations are never bad nor good.

i disagree. If someone has a very good idea and i give them a large sum as funding and expect them to make profit one week later, yes its neither good or bad, its just plain ... idealistic? hopeless? impossible to realize?
    the same as here. we funded dynamight for a vision and already got early access and the game at release. we have pretty close contact to the devs and can give them feedback directly. expecting anymore is not what we paid for and therefore an unrealistic expectation. if that is good or bad depends on your
    ability to handle it. crying for more, toxic behaviour, etc is a bad coping choice (and i dont call you out here, never saw you flame etc)

This post is deleted!

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Lohen Okay so both of you guys are like way over reading the whole point of the topic posted. The post was about why is the toxicity ramped up.. Does it seem more prevelant...

Answer is yes. I have given many examples to why folks may be acting toxic or you or anyone else may perceive what some are saying as toxic...

This was just to reply to the topic of the post on "Possibly WHY" people are being toxic. Lot of letdowns in the past and many of those who invested many times like many others in games for it to "Appear" note I said "Appear" to slow down after last test... So please don't quote fractured isn't slowing down blah blah... Sorry just funny reading into some of these.

Its Simple many are searching for a game. This game got more hype. You are never going to alleviate "Toxic" as worded in this topic conversations or complaints about a game in development. Will never ever happen. We have to all accept that our opinion is ours and how we choose to perceive others opinions and expressions is theirs.

This is really simple guys.

@Wika i didnt mean to attack it. im sorry you assumed this. its not my native language and wording is hard 😄

@Wika Honestly I wasn't attempting to attack you. I will say sorry also as @Lohen did. I tend to be very blunt in my wording. I honestly wants to point it the change in tone in all the communications i seen on the different platforms. No worries. ITs like going to a new school and not knowing anyone or anything of the new school and trying to fit it. I do always say you don't know someone's history there may be a reason they are acting or seem toxic.

I've had trouble getting into the game during this test ("Loading World" issue) but when I've been able to get in, my interactions in chat have been uniformly positive. I say this not to contradict @Oxfurd but to say that the chat's not ALL toxic, even if folks there have been less constructive than we normally are in this forum.

My take: There's a lot of toxicity abroad in the world nowadays. The petulance and aggrieved whinging of privilege has been given free rein and a VERY powerful firgurehead, and many better examples have been silenced or marginalized.

We have an opportunity here to model constructive and open-minded critique of a game in progress, but many of us have zero idea how that works because the models have been missing for US.

Perhaps the best we can do is hope that @Prometheus & the devs will prioritize the 'mute'/'block' feature in Global chat for next test, so the trolls can be more easily ignored. But we can all do our part in THIS test by steadfastly refusing to be baited.
    dccb5659-6eb8-499d-b9dc-dab5825b3f7c-image.png

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Oxfurd Agreed. Global shouldn't be used for spam or guild recruitments. There should be a mute option for chat. Too much drama for an alpha test game. If people have legitimate questions, that is one thing. If all they want to do is start drama, we should have an option to mute.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@KirwinHansel said in Toxic behaviors ......:

@Oxfurd Agreed. Global shouldn't be used for spam or guild recruitments.

Here in this forum thread I don't see anyone mentioning spam or "recruitments spam" in particular. Oxfurd started this discussion because ppl in chat were disappointed with alpha and had toxic behavior.

• @Zadske
    There was also toxic chat over recruitment spam. In fact someone made a thread about that in the first days of testing.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured