Player towns should not be safe

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

This is going to be controversial, but I don't think player towns should be safe or grant immunity from pvp. It should be entirely dependent on the governor and the guild owning the town to provide protection for it's citizens. Like wise towns should require fortifications (walls, watch towers, etc) to be built around the parameter to keep unwanted travelers out.

• Content Creator

@Helix Add NPC protection as well and I am all in.

REAL NPC protection. Tough elite type enemies.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I thought about suggestion NPC guards. I'm not against it. Might be a good way to keep out the lone pk from killing civilians, but a larger group would still be able to come in, kill the guards and occupy the town if they wanted to which sounds fair to me.

• Content Creator

@Helix i think that’s how it should be. The smaller group of players may be able to successfully defend themselves with the NPC’s on their side and maybe a buff for being in their own city.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

As far as i know npc guards will be in the game to protect towns and land that i governor controls. And it will be up to the governor what the guards focuses on.

If not then yes we need npc guards that the governor can control but also full pvp in city's. I don't se why they need to be a safe zones from it. If you did something bad and need to die you cant hide at home. But if it comes to that i hope the governor has the good sense to hand you over or the strength to protect you.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Helix said in Player towns should not be safe:

This is going to be controversial, but I don't think player towns should be safe or grant immunity from pvp. It should be entirely dependent on the governor and the guild owning the town to provide protection for it's citizens. Like wise towns should require fortifications (walls, watch towers, etc) to be built around the parameter to keep unwanted travelers out.

Completely agreed for Tartarosian cities and probably Syndesian ones as well.

NPC city guards have been a promised feature for years; hopefully they'll be sufficiently strong and numerous enough to deter all but the most organized enemy raids.

Can't say that I personally wanna experience griefing or persistent raiding from unwanted visitors, but I agree that the possibility of such things shouldn't be completely eliminated.

@Nekrage said in Player towns should not be safe:

@Helix Add NPC protection as well and I am all in.

REAL NPC protection. Tough elite type enemies.

Agreed. The NPC guards shouldn't be fodder. They should be sufficiently strong and numerous enough to make even experienced raiders/gankers/griefers think twice.

I thought about suggestion NPC guards. I'm not against it. Might be a good way to keep out the lone pk from killing civilians, but a larger group would still be able to come in, kill the guards and occupy the town if they wanted to which sounds fair to me.

Between physical fortifications, NPC guards and player defenders, and as @Nekrage suggests perhaps some sort of defensive buff, this should be extremely difficult - as real world sieges almost always were - but entirely possible.

@Kirkuz said in Player towns should not be safe:

As far as i know npc guards will be in the game to protect towns and land that i governor controls. And it will be up to the governor what the guards focuses on.

If not then yes we need npc guards that the governor can control but also full pvp in city's. I don't se why they need to be a safe zones from it. If you did something bad and need to die you cant hide at home. But if it comes to that i hope the governor has the good sense to hand you over or the strength to protect you.

Some features have to be implemented to deter unrestricted raiding/griefing, but in principle I agree, Kirky!

• This sounds like a neat idea until you realize that every time you'll be afk in town you're going to bank all your stuff, or until you do mass crafting and you have to sit in front of the monitor watching a bar go blue instead of being afk. I don't dislike PvP in towns altogether, but the tavern/crafting facilities area should be safe.

• Content Creator

@Razvan said in Player towns should not be safe:

This sounds like a neat idea until you realize that every time you'll be afk in town you're going to bank all your stuff, or until you do mass crafting and you have to sit in front of the monitor watching a bar go blue instead of being afk. I don't dislike PvP in towns altogether, but the tavern/crafting facilities area should be safe.

Not for “trespassing” players.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

This might be something for when all of the city features are actually implemented. There is probably a long way to go before we get watchtowers and guards and crap. Like we literally only just got cities... We need to test that the cities can actually be built into cities without issues before we worry about the devs making siege equipment to attack them and NPC's to defend them. Would you have preferred that they held off Alpha 2 test 3 another 3-6 months?

At least on Syndesia, I'd consider allowing player towns to be safe for citizens, as long as enough NPC guards remain alive.

I could see this gameplay flow:

• Enemies start attacking NPC guards
    • Every citizen in the town gets a message that the guards are under attack, and that if enough guards are killed, the "safe" status for citizens will fall
    • Citizens can choose to aid the guards, dump their loot into the bank while it's still safe, hide, etc.

Like others, though, I'm assuming we'll be able to build walls to keep out the undesirables. 🙂

Is this not a matter of the planet you are on? I'm assuming you are talking about the demon/human planets where pvp is allowed. I'm pretty sure on the human world it was discussed there are pvp zones and safe zones. I was also assuming pvp was allowed everywhere for demons on their world. Is this not the case?

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

During Test Phase with only 'Factions'. I agree. If your opposite faction cities should not be safe zones

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

There has been past talks about how sieges and pvp for towns will work in the Devs eyes/thoughts. Not sure how it will work based on the different planets.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured