Question about builds

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Is this still true
    "Finally, it is specifically mentioned that having less than 10 Int will hurt everyone due to a penalty gaining Knowledge points "

Thank you

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Vindictus

Don't know if that particular part is still true, though it probably is I would think. what I do know, is that you really really really do NOT want your INT to be below 10. Since the power level and number of skills you are able to use are based off of INT, it will be important even for a dumb brute build.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Ostaff Thank you for the advice

@Ostaff said in Question about builds:

@Vindictus

Don't know if that particular part is still true, though it probably is I would think. what I do know, is that you really really really do NOT want your INT to be below 10. Since the power level and number of skills you are able to use are based off of INT, it will be important even for a dumb brute build.

that's one creative decision i dont like. a group of abilities should have a primary attribute that needs to be x digit or higher. IE a rogue playstyle/archtype should need dex (example) to slot all of their skills. a barbaria archtype should need strength. and etc. maybe have a few that requires two attributes.

putting it all into INT only strengthens casters.

@Jetah said in Question about builds:

eative decision i dont like. a group of abilities should have a primary attribute that needs to be x digit or higher. IE a rogue playstyle/arch

yeah, they have kinda made it where you really need Str, Con, Int, and Per in this game. Any of those being low and you are gimped. Actually played a "true" mage in the alpha with a STR 6, Con 8 build... mage got slaughter constantly, cause your life force is all i Str (for staying up) and Con (for living)

@Ostaff

my thing is you dont need intelligence to know how to fight.

@Jetah said in Question about builds:

@Ostaff said in Question about builds:

@Vindictus

that's one creative decision i dont like. a group of abilities should have a primary attribute that needs to be x digit or higher. IE a rogue playstyle/archtype should need dex (example) to slot all of their skills. a barbaria archtype should need strength. and etc. maybe have a few that requires two attributes.

putting it all into INT only strengthens casters.

I do not like that plan either. It kind of drives players to assign points for INT even they do not need INT for anything else. These kind of solutions are more like annoying rather than giving anything good for the game.

@Tuoni

i'm OK with the character being a slow learner.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Is the learning online for spells you get from fighting animals. Or also for other points

• TF#5 - LEGATE

So 10 in INT is the minimum.
    Is more realy helpfull?
    And every tip about point distribution is welcome . Thanks in advance from every starter

I wrote about this loooong time ago. I remember it brought some heated discussions as well. 🙂

But yes, as I wrote before, i still feel that different school knowledge point gaining should not all be tied to INT, but to a particular different stat fitting for that school.

For example hunter skill learning efficiency tied to DEX.

Entire learning tied to INT does indeed benefit spellcasters more.

• Wiki Editor

Another reason you shouldn't go under 10 with attribute is that attributes don't give only offensive ability but also defensive:
    Strength - Armor, endurance, endurance regen
    Constitution - Elemental resistance, poison resistance, fortitude save, endurance
    Dexterity - Acid resistance, evasion, stealth, movement speed
    Intelligence - Magic resistance, willpower save
    Charisma - luck

@Gothix said in Question about builds:

I wrote about this loooong time ago. I remember it brought some heated discussions as well. 🙂

But yes, as I wrote before, i still feel that different school knowledge point gaining should not all be tied to INT, but to a particular different stat fitting for that school.

I like this idea that learning would be tied to attributes and which attribute the specific ability presents. This would make so much more sense.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Gothix said in Question about builds:

maybe i 'me thinking typical mmo but yes i agree you chose what you wanne be through attribute points . and you learn skills associated with that attribute faster.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured