💡 Suggestion | In game | Repair system/mechanincs

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Hello everyone today I would like to talk about the repair system. We are used to seeing gaming systems where to repair our items, equipment and/or weapons we must present ourselves from an NPC and pay a certain amount of the game gold/money.

Said this! I thought it would be great to:

1. Have the option to repair our items, equipment and/or weapons in two ways. Paying with game gold/money. Or paying with materials/resources, obviously the materials must be similar or the same ones used to craft the aforementioned object.

2. Have the opportunity to repair the objects without going to an NPC but to have some crafters who can make a repair table or a porfession that allows to repair the objects. The repair will require materials or gold/money.

3. Have the option to repair our buildings in two ways. Paying with game gold/money. Or paying with materials/resources, obviously the materials must be similar or the same ones used to build the aforementioned structure.

So let's talk about this or any other suggestions you have :nerd:

Don't forget to leave a like to this thread. Thank you ♡
    Greetings, Finland!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

It's pretty hard to discuss a mechanic that might not exist in the game. We don't know how equipment will work at all :s Maybe @Prometheus can tell us whether or not there's a repair system.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu said in 💡 Suggestion | In game | Repair system/mechanincs:

It's pretty hard to discuss a mechanic that might not exist in the game. We don't know how equipment will work at all :s Maybe @Prometheus can tell us whether or not there's a repair system.

We mostly talk about things we have no clue ;). But this is the lovely part of theorycrafting or givin suggestions. About to put or not a repair system, well I vote for YES I absolutly want it 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Maybe better a reparations with a NPC (blacksmith), or with a repair table. It requires money with the NPC and materials with the table. I think there is no need to pay any reparations with in-game currency, it could be silly as you can do it yourself. And you can't do it everywhere, of course.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@esher In many games you have to use gold (game currency) to repair your things. I meant to give te option to repair also by using resources instead of gold/money.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

This topic touches too much on the games economy. Repairs have to pull funds from the game.

1. Have an npc repair and that removes the gold and/or resources from the game.
    2. Have only crafting players repair it. It'd have to use some resources gathered and some purchased from a vendor to pull gold from the game.
    3. Buildings would be no different than gear.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

In most games, you pay gold to an NPC to repair, buy weapons, et al because they provide the service and all of the materials. However, games that have player crafting almost always see player crafters giving a significant discount to clients who bring their own materials.

We already know that in Fractured, most if not all items and item-based services will be performed by players, so it will most likely lean towards the latter. I would honestly be surprised if any NPCs existed to repair equipment.

@fibs I could see NPC's offering the service but not being cheap about it. if it takes 50g to repair then an NPC might be 75-100g.

I do like the drop off mechanic as stated above. this would enstill needing multiple sets of gear (great for gatherers and crafters/repairers).

• TF#10 - CONSUL

So not a repair system? A good way to make a grindy game!

• DymStudios - CEO

Maybe @Prometheus can tell us whether or not there's a repair system.

There is a repair system, but it always requires resources. Even if you give the item to an NPC to do the job for you (you can, sometimes), it must have the resources available to do so. Notice that NPCs can get resources by themselves by trading with players or other AIs - thanks SpatialOS 😉

Items can't be repaired just with a magical money sink on Fractured - that would harm the whole concept of regional resources and trading.

@prometheus

@prometheus said in 💡 Suggestion | In game | Repair system/mechanincs:

Items can't be repaired just with a magical money sink on Fractured - that would harm the whole concept of regional resources and trading.

If I bring my suit to a tailor I don't have to bring materials with me. I give them money and they have the materials that they've purchased. They didn't magically repair or alter my suit with money.

I get your philosophy on it. But it'll suck if my repair materials are on another planet which makes it cheaper to get a whole new item. And that wouldn't make much since either if I'm using off world materials to craft weapons and gear.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@prometheus said in 💡 Suggestion | In game | Repair system/mechanincs:

Maybe @Prometheus can tell us whether or not there's a repair system.

There is a repair system, but it always requires resources. Even if you give the item to an NPC to do the job for you (you can, sometimes), it must have the resources available to do so. Notice that NPCs can get resources by themselves by trading with players or other AIs - thanks SpatialOS 😉

Thank you so much for your timely answers. I really like it 😄

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah said in 💡 Suggestion | In game | Repair system/mechanincs:

But it'll suck if my repair materials are on another planet

It seems to me you have an excuse to visit the beastmen 😉

@finland uh i don't need that as my only excuse though. but now i have to loot all the beastie corpse to find my resources.

As much as this was an old topic, I don't see the point in making a new one. In terms of repairing gear, yes, I believe gold should be neccissary to an extent. I believe resources should also be neccissary, to an extent. My suggestion is to have a base gold fee to repair, then on top of that, have specific materials required to repair specific gear at a rate of say 50%. INCLUDING the enchantments on said gear.

For example, a basic Wolf Teeth necklace might need 3 Wolf Teeth or 2 Wolf Teeth and 1 Rope to be repaired. If it has a Tier 2 Dex enchant, it might need an extra 1 Honeynail Mushrooms, a Primordial Dust and a Nightshade Berries on top of that! For a Tier 1 Perception, it might only need 1 Antlers. So each piece of equipment has a rss cost, but also, each enchantment has a set rss cost as well, for balancing.

Then a repairer can charge an extra fee on top if anyone does choose to charge others for gear repairs. This can be a base repair cost + the repairer players set price on each rss they, themselves are supplying to repair the person's item.

I personally don't like the idea of a drop-off system, with repairs becoming gradually less effective, as much as in reality, it does make sense. A lot of things even in-game already aren't made to be realistic though, which we all need to remember. Like how you now get 200 arrows somehow with only 5 sticks. Realistically, you'd only get at very best 5... or realistically 0, coz sticks don't grow straight and you can't simply bend them straight like you do in-game with your hands somehow.

If I remember right, the last knowledge is that there will not be repairing system at all and everything will just decay and eventually broke for good. However, if repairing is needed, then repairing with ingame currency would be easiest solution which offers very effective gold sink at the same time.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured