Caster offhand

• So far melee warriors can use small, medium and large 2h weapons.

Casters have melee 1h "caster weapons and unarmed" and ranged 2h caster weapon.
    Is there also planned ranged 1h weapon (wand-like thing) and/or caster offhand (something like shield - I know one can use small shield while casting most spells, but while shield is purely defensive, offhand might be pure offence, or at least give such offhand only offensive enchants). Or would it affect balance too much?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@asspirin

dual wand wielding 🙂

• This post is deleted!

• Wiki Editor

@Ostaff said in Caster offhand:

@asspirin

dual wand wielding 🙂

I would love that

• @Meiki Would love that as well, but anything would do - main thought is shields are defensive, offhands offensive

I would rather see hand-to-hand combat aided by magic quite frankly,
    or perhaps daggers and other magic related stuff, like orbs and pocket sands.

• @Zori many spells have "unarmed" jako caster weapon, so why not; wonder whether Enchant will be able to enchant your hands with elemental dmg just like weapons.

Magic daggers in combination with bare hand (your wrist) for blood magic.

Wand and book (classic) stuff.

Voodoo doll (main hand) and pin (offhand) - there is no point combining voodoo doll with wand

Book and bare hand.

2 bare hands.

You know... stuff that makes sense.

I would set a predefined list of combinations that would "work"... and unless you use such combo you would be unable to cast.

• This post is deleted!

• I don't really like the idea of an offhand which increases the damage/effectiveness of a certain magic school because it will make it even more obvious what kind of build the person you're fighting with has. It doesn't really matter when you find someone and fight them, but it might make a big difference in small scale pvp and diving -> one person scouts the enemies and rest of the group takes builds which will negate the enemy nuker as much as possible.

These being said, I can see non-shield offhands being a thing: magic artefacts that give mana, cdr or damage. Horns which give very short but powerful buffs to the whole party. Flags that give small buffs and act like auras in Diablo2, but don't stack. Bucklers, which give a small passive bonus to both offense and defense. Parrying daggers, which can reset all enemy cooldowns.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured