PvE Planet with PvP

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Tuoni

the Demons are auto ported off the planet after 30 minutes. so anywhere within a 30m radius will be reachable.

@humerus pvp will happen just for pvp sake. demons invading the fury planet will happen because we can see furies run and scream and shout about.

@Jetah said in PvE Planet with PvP:

@Tuoni

the Demons are auto ported off the planet after 30 minutes. so anywhere within a 30m radius will be reachable.

And from where is that information?

"Even worse, you are only allowed to stay on Arboreus for half an hour at once, and you are quickly drained of all vital energies if you step into a Good-only area."

If someone is drained out of vital energies that would in my understanding mean rather death than teleporting out of the planet. Moreover, why on earth demons would be treated so light? Does not make much sense tbh.

Demons have 30 min to stay, after which I assume they get ported out.

If they enter safe zone they will die, but if 30 min didn't expire yet, they will res somewhere on Arboreus, and keep going until they have time.

So everywhere within 30min is reachable, except the safe zone.

I'm assuming this will be like in some MMOs (lets say wow for example), where you went for a swim far away, then you quickly start loosing HP. There was no way to survive that, not for long.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Tuoni You should read the quoted passage again. It has two conditions.

• You are only allowed to stay anywhere on Arboreus for a half hour. This implies you will be ejected from the planet after that half hour.
    • If you enter a Good-only area you will be instantly killed. This implies you will be ejected from the planet on respawn, because respawning on Arboreus afterward would make absolutely no sense.

Also, to whoever mentioned the idea that playing on one planet meant "missing out on part of the game", the entire point is that you get to pick how you play the game... If you want Arboreus's content, then make an Arboreus-compatible character. If you don't, then don't. It's that simple.

The developers have stated again and again and again, clear as day, that nobody is gimped in any way if they stay entirely on one of the three planets. They all have equivalent start, mid, and endgame content, from enemies to gear.

Hmmm... I thought the good-only area referred generally to Arboreus but yeah now when I have read that few more times I think so too that it refers to saze zone. Anyhow, is that said that when timer runs out characters are just teleported out? Or is this matter something what is not decided yet?

"While the planet itself doesn’t force them out, Demons have a much harder time walking the lands of Syndesia. Away from the reach of Babilis, they not only lose their Demonic powers, but start leaking vital energy after a couple hours, which forces them to get back to their homeland."

If we think of those timers in general, I guess this ^^ quote can be understood either way. However, if I analyze it more closely it sounds for me that the player needs to run out before he or she has leaked out of all the vital energies. Moreover, when beastmen are on Tartaros there is no mention of timer, just stacking debuffs which might end to the death. This made me wonder, that how beastmen will get out as easy as demons (if we presume they can be ported out when timer runs out)?

"Travelling to Tartaros is extremely challenging for any Beastman, since not only they lose the buffs they are granted on Arboreus, but also become the target of the hate of Babilis. The Evil God enjoys stacking curses on the poor fellows, who could end up dying just because of them – if they don’t get slayed by Demons, that is."

Therefore, based on these notions I would presume that regardless are you a demon on Arboreus or a Beastman in Tartaros, you need to get yourself out before time runs out or stacking debuffs will kill you.

@Gothix said in PvE Planet with PvP:

Demons have 30 min to stay, after which I assume they get ported out.
    If they enter safe zone they will die, but if 30 min didn't expire yet, they will res somewhere on Arboreus, and keep going until they have time.

Or perhaps after death the expedition ends and demons res on Tartaros? Same with beastmen and when they die in Tartaros, they drop their stuff and will be ressed in home planet. In addition, what happens to debuffs if you die and is there point to continue when you will be res naked?

More I have tried to figure out how all the things are planned to be implemented in practice more new questions seams to pop on my mind.

It could mean when your 30 mins is up you have run out of life. I have seen games where you were in an area that drained life and when you ran out of time you just died. The "porting" maybe you resing to your last bind spot lol.

@humerus said in PvE Planet with PvP:

@Psymantis Well then Arboreus might just be the planet for you: uncontested PvM goodness without any PKers.

But the boss dificulty isn't really risk per se. I was talking about how open world PvP diversifies the gameplay and the social aspect of doing content.

Oh yes, Arboreus is my planned home. I'd like to enjoy the human planet unmolested as well which is possible at the moment as long as I don't join a militia. I'd create a character on the demon planet just to have a look around.

There's a social aspect without PvP: people can work together to defeat tough content etc. You like to add the thrill of other players being an additional threat. I don't, but I'm not dismissing anyone who does. This game will allow us both to play the way we want as long as people with opposing playstyles don't try to force that playstyle on others.

I'd reduce griefing by making the mobs give loot to any who attack them on the beast planet, miltia-based on the human planet and individuals for the demon planet. I'd turn off collision between players on the beast planet and maybe between members within a militia/independants.

• Wiki Editor

...which is possible at the moment as long as I don't join a militia...

@Psymantis That's not exactly how it works, I'd even go as far as to say that it's quite the opposite. Not having a guild/city/group/whatever associated with you only means that if the big bad guy PKer killed you or ganked you with his party there would be no greater repercussions for them, when having a well-known guild tag before your name can turn away some PK, especially if they risk ruining their standing with your guild because they base/operate on or close to your territory.
    Of course I'm not saying that there are no people that would seek you out and PK just because of your guild association, but that's a really tough choice to make, either way you'll be getting killed if you're not careful. 😄

• Community Manager

@Tuoni Evil players who enter a good-only area on Arboreus will be instakilled if they don't leave it immediately.

Good Beastmen who enter Tartaros are going to suffer from heavy debuffs. It's a trade-off for Arboreus being relatively safe. I don't believe Beastmen get kicked out but those debuffs will make a long stay very difficult.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@humerus In the upcoming open alpha, they're implementing an early faction/militia which works as Psymantis described. It's a placeholder for Syndesia's eventual justice system.

• Wiki Editor

@FibS Oh I'm a little behind on my game knowledge then. I thought that he used "militia" as a term for "guild" but was greatly mistaken, sorry ':D

@Specter said in PvE Planet with PvP:

@Tuoni Evil players who enter a good-only area on Arboreus will be instakilled if they don't leave it immediately.

That is reasonable.

Good Beastmen who enter Tartaros are going to suffer from heavy debuffs. It's a trade-off for Arboreus being relatively safe.

This makes sense as well.

I don't believe Beastmen get kicked out but those debuffs will make a long stay very difficult.

This is how I imagined it as well. However, my point actually was that if beastmen are treated this way then demons should be as well. I do not know what is planned but referring to few opinion here that demons are teleported out after the timer runs out is like offering an easy mode for evil players. When timer runs out they should die like beastmen on Tartaros.

@Tuoni said in PvE Planet with PvP:

they should die like beastmen on Tartaros.

Beastmen might not die if they are organized and have healers with them.
    They will just be at disadvantage due to debuffs.

They may in theory stay forever on Tartaros.

@Gothix said in PvE Planet with PvP:

they should die like beastmen on Tartaros.

Beastmen might not die if they are organized and have healers with them.
    They will just be at disadvantage due to debuffs.

They may in theory stay forever on Tartaros.

I would say that eventually they will die because the debuffs stacks.

"..The Evil God enjoys stacking curses on the poor fellows, who could end up dying just because of them.."

Therefore, we could consider that demons have a hard timer 30 minutes and beastmen have a soft timer based on stacking debuffs. Even the beastmen timer would be averagely more unforgiving it might still be the case that beastmen will have multiple times harder because the environment is much more dangerous in general.

It still depends:

• does debuff stack have a cap and how high that cap is?
    • how hard it ticks when stacked, can you heal through it?
    • can these debuffs be decursed, and how often?

Much is still unclear. 🙂

@Gothix Sure the details are unclear but finding the balance for stacking debuffs is also quite easy. Nevertheless, both should die after hard or soft timers run out and there should not be easy mode to teleport out. Transportation of goods through dangerous areas is quite standard procedure in full loot sandbox games and I do not see a single reason why Fractured should offer reliefs there. Therefore, it only make sense that those who travel to another planets should also take care of getting out in time, and transport those gathered resources and looted items out without having an automated teleportation (like timed hearthstone).

@Jetah said in PvE Planet with PvP:

@Tuoni

And from where is that information?

"Even worse, you are only allowed to stay on Arboreus for half an hour at once, and you are quickly drained of all vital energies if you step into a Good-only area."

If someone is drained out of vital energies that would in my understanding mean rather death than teleporting out of the planet. Moreover, why on earth demons would be treated so light? Does not make much sense tbh.

I'm wanting to say it was in a video.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured