PvE Planet with PvP

• As far as I know, Arboreus is a full PvE planet with only limited oppurtunities for controlled PvP. So there will not be random PKing or sieges whatsoever. Furthermore, it is said by the devs that evil aligned players will be heavily punished once they enter the Beastman planet and the planet itself will try to repel them. Is it possible to:

• Beastmen to attack the evil player?
    • Evil players to raid towns or kill players with limited oppurtunities?
    • Without killing, plundering/stealing/theft?

Would you like to see these kind of actions in the Beastman planet and what are your thoughts?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

As far as I know there is no PvP allowed at all at Arboreus. That would even include "training" fights (controlled PvP).
    To the stated points above if anybody wants to play the raiding ravaging guy he can play at Tartarus. There he can play to his evil satisfaction.
    So there is no need to open Arboreus to partly PvP at all.
    The system as it is now is well thought and balanced for every type of player (full PvP, semi PvP, no PvP only PvE).

• Wiki Editor

@LilCassiopeia If I'm not mistaken Arboreus is devided into two zones: the safe one without any PvP and the one with PvP. I don't think that devs gave a definitive answer on how that other, dangerous part of the planet would work but I think it would be only reasonable to assume that PvP there will work a lot like the PvP on Syndesia. Perhaps the consequenses of PKing there will be more harsh but imo prohibiting multi combat there wouldn't make much sense. Maybe the party with the numbers advantage will be debuffed in some way, who know: at this point I'm just speculating. πŸ˜„

• Wiki Editor

@Clinion But what conserns the pillaging stuff, it's just my personal opinion but I doubt that Arb will have seiges and global wars: you'd assume that beastmen and other good alligned creatures would like diplomatic conflict resolving way too mach 😜

• @humerus For the pillaging/stealing part, the devs said it will be hard but not impossible for evil alinged players to enter the beastmen planet. I thought why evil players would want to enter and 3 possible reasons came to my mind:

1. They want the resourceses lacking in their own planet
    2. They want to increase their knowledge
    3. They want to kill some "good guys" (for roleplaying purposes)

• Wiki Editor

@Clinion Well, yes, I was talking more about the political city thing stuff, but I think that mugging mechanics would easily find a fit in this game: both on arb and on syn. However the "roleplat purposes" you mentioned might just be raplaced with this weird craving some people have for stomping someone who can hardly fight back: I don't get how crushing noobs can be fulfilling tho.

I imagine that, as far as "common systems" go, Arboreus will have all of it.

That said, PK, theft, pillaging will all be possible on Arboreus , but to do it you have to be evil-aligned, and being evil in Arboreus means a lot of trouble (you probably won't live for more than 1h in there, and what is it good to steal stuff and die before going home)

So much so that the devs even created the eclipses, they will be a time recurring event (say, every 2 weeks, for 4 hours) in which Arboreus roughly becomes another Syndesia.

In my opinion, the limitation of "full PVE" in Arboreus will happen because of the way the planet works, not because they enforced any special mechanics that will not work in that planet.

And if you are a full PvE, social type of player, there will be a lot of cities too far from the portals between worlds, in which you can live your life peacefully without ever encountering other races

• Wiki Editor

@egonaraujo In my understanding eclipses can only occur on Syndesia, don't quote me on that though.
    But I think that the dangerous part of Arboreus will house one of the best PvM drop sources as it will both insentify PvMers and PKers to go there. Of course they won't be the best ones (resources) because the PKers there will have difficulties sustaining their spree and becuase Syndesia is way more dangerous which at the very least increases the risk factor of aquring said items and raising the price artificially.

PvPisnt restricted per se.

But... good tagged player can not perform evil action against other good player...and unless you are tagged good, being inside safe zone debuffs will quickly kill you. So in practice no pvp in safe zone.

Edge areas oitside of safe zone full pvp is possible.

No idea if there will be arenas where good players can pvp. But its possible good players will have to travel to syndesia to visit arenas. Not sure here. We will see. πŸ™‚

There is no sieges on Arboreus.

Political warfare, most likely yes.

• Community Manager

@egonaraujo There are no eclipses on Arboreus. πŸ˜‰

PvP is possible but very limited. Evil players who travel to Arboreus can only stay for 30 minutes or so and a good part of Arboreus is completely safe.

• Wiki Editor

@Specter So you're saying that there are no special rules for the "invaders" apart from the 30m timer, correct?

@humerus said in PvE Planet with PvP:

@Specter So you're saying that there are no special rules for the "invaders" apart from the 30m timer, correct?

It's a bit more than that. From this spotlight: link

"If your character has an Evil alignment and you manage to enter Arboreus, well, now you’re in trouble! The planet itself, pervaded by the primal energy of Elysium, immediately starts fighting to repel you. You become heavily debuffed, and normally pacific creatures turn aggressive against you, seeking you out to rip you apart. Even worse, you are only allowed to stay on Arboreus for half an hour at once, and you are quickly drained of all vital energies if you step into a Good-only area."

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Personally I would like for their to be some form of PvP on Arboreus. Though I understand why the devs would want to keep it a PvE planet. Though I absolutely love the idea of a huge raiding party of demons coming in as an event and the beastmen having to fight them off.

@Clinion said in PvE Planet with PvP:

@humerus For the pillaging/stealing part, the devs said it will be hard but not impossible for evil alinged players to enter the beastmen planet. I thought why evil players would want to enter and 3 possible reasons came to my mind:

1. They want the resourceses lacking in their own planet
    2. They want to increase their knowledge
    3. They want to kill some "good guys" (for roleplaying purposes)

I would also say these are the main reasons. However, maybe the #3 is less about RP and more about just for fun, loot or cause misery to other players (which can be considered as fun to some). πŸ˜‰

• Wiki Editor

@Tuoni If my theory is correct then the most PvM money to be made on Arb would be in the danger zone so that's a good incentive for humans/demons to invade and snipe the RTBing party. Also Arb inhabitants will risk much more than people on Syndesia do when walking out so I'm guessing that it would be a somewhat fun activity to try and snipe that one noob with bank on him heading out to kill this cool monster-dragon-whatever thing in the danger zone. After all it's hard not to start getting too comfortabe with all the advantages the planet provides and take out more gear to speed up the PvM kills. πŸ˜„

How Arboreus is planned to work at the moment is the best solution in my opinion. Even there is that chance to face PvP that can be limited to "borders" of Arboreus with that 30 minutes visit timer. I presume there will be some in advance defined landing locations from where players from other planets can enter to soil of Arboreus.

Those who want to avoid all kind of PvP and live in peace can settle somewhere far away (periphery) from the borders. Those who decides to do so trades the lower risk to have other planets and their resources more far away. Therefore, it is a fair trade. In other hand, some players want to live near borders so they have easier access to other planets, and they accepts the risk to be ganked. Moreover, perhaps some players want to protect lands of Arboreus from invaders, e.g. for money, loot, RP, and I can even imagine how some guilds are build around this kind of theme.

@WhoAteTheCat There is some form of PVP on Arboreus. Just very limited and stacked against the invaders. This is because for the most part players who choose to be beastfolk and play on Arboreus don't want to engage in that kind of MMO experience. If that is what YOU want then the game offers options to satisfy your game play style and you should make use of them

• Wiki Editor

@Tuoni Yeah that's exactly what I'm talkin about: there should be valuable objectives in the danger zone to get Arb inhabitants to travel there and at some point rish considerable amounts of money, which in turn gives incetive for the invaders to be there and PK.

• @Tuoni
    I disagree with Arboreus being the best solution as currently planned. There are three obvious problems: OW spots which cannot be disputed (and will result in a lot of griefing), dirt-cheap local resources compared to other regions because there's no risk in gathering, and very expensive town plots later on because there are no sieges. Unless they are willing to make compromises, such as instanced dungeons for the first problem, I don't see how these can be solved.

Imo, the planets should have been: no-loot pvp with flagging on Arboreus, full-loot pvp with flagging on human planet, unrestricted pvp on demon planet.

• Wiki Editor

@Razvan To be fair there are ways to fix Arb without drastically changeing the concept: the main problem is that as far as we know right now the Arb economy and the Syn economy would be very similar. However if we assume that there will be a certain tax/money sink/whatever involved with transporting goods from Arb to the other planets: suddenly everything becomes much easier. So what that there is no PvP danger involved in skilling/PvM acctivities in the safe zone? If the resources there are all somewhat uncommon at best, I see no problem with that. You may think of it as a blue zone in Albion. However there inevitibly have to be "high-end" resources in the dangerous part of Arb. These items wouldn't be too valuable on Arb, as it is a somewhat safe planet, but would be saught after on Syn, becuase the aformentioned tax would make them more rare artificially. This would make for an interesting PK dynamic as well: maybe PKers won't have to pay said tax and will be incentified to risk their gear with a severe disadvantage.
    But this, of course, is just me speculating: we have no idea on how it will actually work. πŸ˜„

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured