The deer

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Ok so I love the deer but I think the male deer should attack and maybe give a skill instead of running away so much maybe not attack right away maybe when there at half health or maybe the deer as a herd attack when there numbers get low ( also the deer should move in herds )
    Just random thoughts

@dj35

bucks will travel alone until they start to acquire doe's. then they travel in herds.

@Jetah gotchu had too read that twice lol

@dj35

sorry, been typing on my phone for a while and sometimes turn phone into hotspot and try to type and it's like i'm forgetting how to type which i've been doing for 22 years. =/

female deer = doe
    male = buck

I've been laughing at the behavior of animals in the alpha - deer, rabbits, and foxes that are WAY more curious and persistent than irl to give players a chance to develop skills or snag a body part for enchanting 😂 😂

Nice of the devs to give us that, I'd say, but way unrealistic. Not sure we can expect that to continue into the launched game.

What would make sense to me is for a wounded buck to become enraged and attack after a certain amount of injury. Does should scatter.

Traps. Traps should help in catching a runaway animals. 🙂

I'm just glad that we can't run faster than the animals (as humans anyway). Is there any difference in move speeds in the races?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I too would like to see realistic behaviour in the animals like grouping together or going solo, depending on the animal!

But I'm sure the devs will put that partly in the Alfa or Beta.

• Community Manager

@Farlander Yes. Some races like the Tiger-Kin are going to be faster than humans, assuming the devs haven't changed their plans.

@Farlander said in The deer:

I'm just glad that we can't run faster than the animals (as humans anyway). Is there any difference in move speeds in the races?

I found also these lines from Feature Spotlight #1. Looks like Beastmen will have a different kind of speed variables in use especially related their beast forms.

"Also known as Bear-Kin, the Nheedra are the largest and bulkiest of all beastmen, endowed with the greatest strength and endurance, but also slower and clumsier compared to the members of other families."

"When transformed into their primal form, the hart, the Erwydra gain access to abilities that allow them to block or deflect magical attacks and to charge through enemy lines. In case they need to leave the battlefield, they can rely on even higher movement speed and escape abilities."

"When transformed into their primal form, the wolf, the Udoadra gain speed and additional pack bonuses"

"When transformed into their primal form, the tiger, the Chadra enjoy an even higher movement speed"

I have seen two quite bad animal behaviours related to deers. In alpha one the deers were so fast it was hard to even catch them or at least you needed the right slow and stun abilities. In some cases you faced a really long runs until you catch one or you lost it. In alpha two best tactic was just stop and stay still because when a deer run away it came back after few seconds and run past you. So I guess the behaviour still needs some adjustment...

@Tuoni - the deer are definitely much easier to kill w ranged weapons or magic missles.
    LOL I can't even imagine chasing one down 🤣 🤣 🤣

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured