So, what is the plan for "fun"?

• I'm curious what the future plans for "fun" will come in. It's been clearly stated that there won't be any gear progression.

That leaves "Sandbox" and "collect abilities". Game isn't really set up to be sandbox, and once you collect all abilities, then what?
    To be clear: I'm not asking about current state, I'm asking what are the plans for the future?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

For me it is PVP.

PVP shines best with non-linear gear progression. PVP also shines best in sandbox games. Though those two are my opinion but I think most would agree.

With the ability to siege cities pvp is going to be on the forefront already. I wonder if individual players will be able to siege individual claims. There will also be PVP between planets.

Though that is the answer for me. I am sure others will find fun in other places. Looks like the game has a great system in place for people who like trading/being a merchant.

• i want to bring a level of peace to a couple of city owning guilds on tartaros send out ambassadors to the human world to find power hungry guilds with/without a town if they aint evil they will be 😛 have them trade materials/assistance in gaining knowledge of the human world in exchange for hitting there enemies when the eclipse of tartaros happens and semi safe passage to key locations to upgrade abilities on tartaros, once both parties are able to make use of the varied materials and knowledge that we have over our competitors we will create a hell on earth for the demons to travel to with little worry of human opposition as the rulers of that area will be in leauge with the demons giving them the opportunity for demons to gate into their area somewhere from our personal portal in the city if anyone dares attack our human slaves 😛 also if you can bottle blood we will be able to steroid our blood demons more often than others if not we can always demand sacrifice before battle 😛 either our corruption will spread gaining more followers on human world desperate for our power in the quest for an immortal empire or we will be beaten back for a time if the humans and the beastmen team up to beat us back 😛

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

For example, I am organizing a guild with a strong presence of role play. Mechanics presented the thing is very suited to the game.

• I'd like to see what they say about this too. It'd be nice to see an expansion in lore and changes in the universe as a result of both player-driven actions and a dev plan/timeline they have setup. Like if there's a massive guild metropolis that falls after weeks of raids and sieges by an alliance of dozens of guilds, there's a lot of things implemented by the devs (that're possibly voted on by players).

For example, a new race could be born from the battle (considering they were talking about adding one), especially if all three races are involved. Sentient constructs born of human technology that grants a weak understanding of it, residual (lingering might be a better word) druid magic that grants an affinity to nature, and residual blood magic that makes them semi-predatory and greedy. They could have access to every class of skill and tech, but only on a base or moderate level.

They can be good, neutral, or evil, but only chaotic. They're accepted everywhere, easier than humans and beastmen in terms of travel, albeit begrudgingly on Arboreus and Tartaros due to respective taints. They can follow a god for additional favor/skills from a race, but only Nelena, Iridia, or Babilis, the respective mother gods. Their alignment plays a factor too, leading to more beastman features (druid magic, a transformation stage, etc.), more demonic features (blood magic, better stealth like Shadow Demons, etc.), or the better use of human tech. Shifting sides causes certain features/skills to be locked, even if you previously earned them, the result of conflicting magics within. They're not forgotten, only locked until a certain karma level/alignment is selected again.

Another thing could be a (probably neutral) god of war/combat born from the clash. While they may boost one's combat prowess and group fighting, excess attention could be brought upon the worshipper(s) in battle, and they could be perhaps too intimidating when interacting with NPCs right after the battle. Basically you turn in to Kratos, but without all the power, only some.

But otherwise yea I feel like it's gonna be expanding player interactions in general if they can or enhanced PvP, might even pull another planet or a moon outta nowhere

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@NeroulGB said in So, what is the plan for "fun"?:

i want to bring a level of peace to a couple of city owning guilds on tartaros send out ambassadors to the human world to find power hungry guilds with/without a town if they aint evil they will be 😛 have them trade materials/assistance in gaining knowledge of the human world in exchange for hitting there enemies when the eclipse of tartaros happens and semi safe passage to key locations to upgrade abilities on tartaros, once both parties are able to make use of the varied materials and knowledge that we have over our competitors we will create a hell on earth for the demons to travel to with little worry of human opposition as the rulers of that area will be in leauge with the demons giving them the opportunity for demons to gate into their area somewhere from our personal portal in the city if anyone dares attack our human slaves 😛 also if you can bottle blood we will be able to steroid our blood demons more often than others if not we can always demand sacrifice before battle 😛 either our corruption will spread gaining more followers on human world desperate for our power in the quest for an immortal empire or we will be beaten back for a time if the humans and the beastmen team up to beat us back 😛

I find your ideas interesting and wish to subscribe to your newsletter. 😊

sandbox = constant competition + social mechanics
    absence of boundaries (as much as mechanically possible)
    "out of the box" strategies

PvP (either by combat or by politics), on personal and organized level (town vs town, guild vs guild, alliances,...)

There is gear progression, a SIGNIFICANT one... its just NOT a vertical one, but a horizontal one instead (check enchanting system, gear customization, etc.)

This gear will be constantly lost (so you have to work to KEEP your progress, it doesn't come as granted), since this is full loot system. Lost more often on PvP worlds, but possibly even on PvE worlds due to being broken by usage (if we will have durability system) -- mobs on Arboreus could even be damaging gear harder than mobs on Tartaros and Ayndesia to compensate for the lack of pvp combat.

Towns will be won and lost, rules will be made by guilds, applied to zones, changed through conquests.

Trade routes will be formed, fought for, lost. People will get rich, or lose their wealth.

Wide social mechanics, politics, social bounty systems,... much more.

Housing, farming, RP, ...

Sometimes, for players coming from theme park environments this all is hard to see at the first glance. Need a bit experience with (real) sandbox MMOs, to understand and appreciate it. 🙂

For fun.

You decide to take over a town. You get into the guild. You work yourself up to an officer position then slowly sew some corruption on the current mayor. You let things work and start to show yourself and a responsible replacement.

You then become mayor then kick everyone out.

• i think if you kick everyone they could just reform as a community lol much better to be the boss 😛

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

PVP, collecting everything to get, achievements? Possibly, if they're in that. Collecting more things. Higher numbers on a sheet somewhere. Building bigger. But none of this matters if I do it solo. As long as I'm doing something with friends.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Mindark Achievements would be cool! I hope they're implemented into the game in some fashion; if not, maybe the community would make their own system!

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I think PvP could be incredible in this game, given how there's lot of incentive to go and seize territory. Would be interested to see what Demons can get materially out of raiding humans too! (Maybe you just need to kill human/beastmen players to unlock new skills?)

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Basileus I mean, it sounds like demons will really only have mineral resources on their home turf, so I suspect the biggest raids that arent just for fun will likely be for agricultural products and maybe wood.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Bekos I've read that all three planets have unique resources that can't be gotten elsewhere. So yeah, I suppose there'd be a good reason to go raid the other planets for those resources. Would be nice if it was also more than that though (as trading could simply remove the demand to raid if raids were only for resources).

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Bekos I think for this reason especially a 'merchant route' so to speak from Arboreus and/or Syndesia to Tartarus will be very beneficial for both parties. In this way the demons will have acces to standard resources and maybe even high-end resources from the other two planets.

If the demons think they can get the resources by themselves by going on a large scale harvesting hunt it will be their choice, but I see a lot of benefits for both parties this way.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured