Enchanting table Guide - Basic Mechanics - How to

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Shivashanti

There is some rng atm but you can avoid it by finding all the mats in the game. For example, today i wanted to put a 8% spell damage increase on my neck. The cheapest way to get it was:

Dandelion x2
    Honeynail Mushrooms
    Mandrake Root

This has the spell damage proc and 3 others i dont want. Those mats are very easy to find too. But ended up doing:

Rabbit Paw
    Spider Eye
    Honeynail Mushrooms

These mats are a bit more time consuming to find but will give me the spell damage proc 100% of the time. I like how it works now and think you need to keep it like this in order to make a large variety of mats relevant.

An idea to the devs to make it even more complex- have some stats cancel out their opposite- for example have +2 order would also do -2 chaos, +3 Life would do -3 Death. EDIT on second thought it might be easier for balance just to have negative stats put in on an item by item basis rather than an across the board rule that opposites give negative stats.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Accol well that's exactly what i mean it's not rng if you can avoid it completly if you do it with the right materials for it πŸ˜‰

I so appreciate the time you took to do this @PedroBillyMattos !! I was completely at a loss, and you've given me hope that I can actually do this.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@PedroBillyMattos said in Enchanting table Guide - Basic Mechanics - How to:

The Primitive Mage staff for exemple has Magic affinity of 3, so in other words, 3 slots for enchanting.

Something you didn't put in the guide that would help is where you craft your items makes a difference on how much Magic Affinity it has.

If you craft the Primitive Mage Staff by yourself then it gets 3 Affinity. If you craft it at a Simple Workbench then the same item gets 4 Magic Affinity to work with.

@Accol woah that's really helpful. TY

• Great thread, really helpful stuff. Thank you!

I like this system very much.

Do something fast and effortless, get weaker results, or RNG results are completely OK in this scenario too.

Possibility to avoid RNG and get better results with more effort (or player knowledge) invested +100 !

So far this all looks amazing! πŸ™‚

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@PeachMcD Hey man Great to know that! made my day! =D

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Wow. I wish I'd seen this earlier - I messed around with it a little bit on my own, and never had any idea it was so deep. Thank you so much!

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

It took me a second to even realize what was going on with enchanting in this game lol. Thanks for the tips man. Cant wait to jump back into it.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Althalus said in Enchanting table Guide - Basic Mechanics - How to:

oh god this seems complicated!!! Imma just have to let other people figure this out and just slot in the best items to min/max the enchantments... this seems like sooo many properties to play around with in terms of enchantment (not complaining) but this is giving me headaches just thinking about it...

There's some planned updates to the enchanting interface to make identifying which reagents to use a bit easier. πŸ™‚

But I like it. I've got three chests for my reagents: Animal parts, herbs and mushrooms, and rare reagents. I've been building up a larder of three stacks of 10 for each reagent.

It's given me another reason and something else to do and keep track of while exploring. And those rare mats are crucial to certain enchanting builds. I'm pushing deeper into Heartwood lately and I've noticed the spawn rate of wild mandrake root has gone up. The solid magic that drops from wisps occasionally are great for enchanting too.

• Wiki Editor

Sorry to the community~ i've been playing (for nearly 10 years now) another game (haven and hearth) very in depth lately and ended up running a 100 player town/community all of a sudden. So i've let fractured take a back seat while it updates and reworks enhanting.

This is a very good explanation of the enchanting process ~ the fact we have to make such post on the forums means the game dev might need to spend some time to help people understand the interface a little better or someway to show "hay this much for tier 1,2 or 3 for the enchanting.

As for tier's of enchanting I think 2-3 should be much harder to get. Ideally even a tier 4 for basically godly level enchanting.
    something on the lines of Tier 1 common. tier 2 rare items, put some time and effort to gathering. tier 3 dungeons, hard bosses, crafting of 3-5 items together. and then tier 4 should be godly hard and near impossible to get.

for random factor on items. I don't think that is a good idea really. Random stats on items can sometimes feel really shitty when you don't get what you hope or expect for. it should not be something you have to rely on.

I really enjoy enchanting myself and why littlemisscross and I spent putting so much time into our spread sheet. we hope to put more time into it when we either get keys again or get packs (currently the pack cost is to much for us with our economy's going to shit)~ I was offered 1 key already but I turned it down as I currently don't wish to leave my town in my other game~ but fear not we'll be back! and we can't wait to play fractured again πŸ™‚

ps: thank you @PedroBillyMattos for making the guide and crediting us πŸ™‚

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@maze Hey man Thank you for the great work on the spreadsheet! Prime stuff!

As for the devs, I believe they are too busy building the game to better explain stuff at this point, so It's still a bit early for that!

Guys, can someone suggest: is this guide still relevant?

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured