Will there be a way to change your Attributes?

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

In the most recent spotlight learned about stats and that they're done at character creation and that they don't advance past that, except through talents.

Does that mean there won't be any way to change them?

If you can't, I see this as a potential problem mostly because this is the first thing you do before you've played the game or discovered what you enjoy/what works for you. You may find that there is a set of abilities you are really enjoying that mixes a few skill sets, but you hadn't set yourself up properly to use those skills, so you're always at a disadvantage with your favorite skillsets.

For example, you started as an illusionist, focusing on Intelligence and Charisma, but discovered later that adding Assassination to the mix with illusion is a style you really enjoy, but your dexterity and strength are very low because you didn't originally plan on using those abilities.

You COULD make a new character, but that involves learning everything you've learned again, which could take a long time and not be particularly rewarding, because you've already done it an are trying to get back to a point you've already reached before. This could discourage people and lower their enjoyment.

There are several ways I can think of to address this issue:

1)A cash shop respec item to let the player reset their attributes - This seems the easiest way to do it

1. A questline/event line that unlocks a full or partial respec - Also seems viable, but if too easy or quick, could make respecing too easy and common.

2. some sort of lootable or craftable item to allow a full or partial respec (for example, allows you to reset 20 points by subtracting them from some stats and adding them to others)

Perhaps it's not even an issue with talents and equipment, but it sounds like if you get your starting attributes wrong for the abilities you end up using, you may as well start a new character and lose all the time you invested in the one you made first.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I'm even okay to add that option to the cashshop. All need to choose it before they play the game, so once you learn stuff you realized you could have picked better.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

It would be interesting to add it to the religion system where you pray to a specific god and complete a task for them which allows you to remove some points but only add them to specific attributes. Like praying to Morvarus(?) and showing your dedication to using the attribute would let you remove 3 points, max, from every other attribute and then add them to intelligence.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@morridin said in Will there be a way to change your Attributes?:

It would be interesting to add it to the religion system where you pray to a specific god and complete a task for them which allows you to remove some points but only add them to specific attributes. Like praying to Morvarus(?) and showing your dedication to using the attribute would let you remove 3 points, max, from every other attribute and then add them to intelligence.

This not a bad idea 😉

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

i don't like the idea of a cash shop item to reset attributes. choices should matter.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Jetah None talked about cash shop items 😉

@jameow said in Will there be a way to change your Attributes?:

In the most recent spotlight learned about stats and that they're done at character creation and that they don't advance past that, except through talents.

There are several ways I can think of to address this issue:

1)A cash shop respec item to let the player reset their attributes - This seems the easiest way to do it

@Finland yes, someone did mention it. Look at the quote above in bold.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Jetah I apologize 🙏. I absolutly don't want to see pay things except for vanity/cosmetic things. Btw are you also on CF right I might have seen you there too 😄

@morridin said in Will there be a way to change your Attributes?:

But this Idea is not bad at all imho 😉

@finland said in Will there be a way to change your Attributes?:

@Jetah I apologize 🙏. I absolutly don't want to see pay things except for vanity/cosmetic things. Btw are you also on CF right I might have seen you there too 😄

Crowfall and Camelot Unchained and maybe here.

I'd prefer a way to adjust you attributes by playing the game.

If your intel is high and you want to raise your strength then you use a sword instead. Need to increase your Dex then use a bow. Etc.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

He said something like pray a god 😉 so it's totaly a game feature 😉

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

You can change almost everything else about your character, so I don't see why you're not able to change stats too.

You should be able to use not-experience points for it. You know, the same ones you use to purchase Talents.

Or maybe you should just start the game with 10 in everything and while Resting you can set a goal value for each of the stats and as you play the game normally your character will adjust to the set stats over the course of a few hours.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

If there is an in game way of resetting attributes it should be quite difficult, and perhaps with some penalties, so that it would not be an easy decision for people. Perhaps some sort of debuff to the increased attribute for awhile? Like a sort of adjustment period.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@morridin Well, for starters, the stat changes need to have the same limitations as they do at character creation - namely that you need more beef points for each point the higher the stat already is.

But furthermore, I think that it should also take longer to change your stats the higher the value you're shooting for. That is, if you're at 18 Int with a goal of 19~20, it'll take longer before it adjusts than it did to get 9 int to 10.

Also, it should remove "excess points" from your highest stat first. So if you have 20+ Str and switch to a low-Str high-End build, your Str is the first thing to drop. This will put the character at a jack-of-all-trades disadvantage until the retraining is complete.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@fibs Of course they need to retain the same limitations as at character creation, otherwise everyone would want to reset their attributes instantly.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@fibs maybe something like after respec they drop by 2 attrib points per day but raise only by 2 attrib cost points per day?
    Then raising from 10 to 20 would take whole 2 weeks but dropping from 20 to 10 only 5 days 🙂

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@tulukaruk It shouldn't take two weeks to retrain your build any more than to respec your Talents; it should take a few hours of play at low stat values and a day or two for high ones

@fibs

I think it should be higher than that.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@jetah Everything else in the game is founded on rapidly changing your character to fit changing situations; there's absolutely no reason stats should be the odd one out

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah then you get Elder Scrolls or Darkfall things like auto attacking or botting to raise stats ingame

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured