How will loot drop work?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I would like to know if you lose what you are wearing like Albion online, or do we only lose what's in our inventory when we die? Also is the loot system same for PVP and PVE when you die?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

It will be full loot πŸ™‚

• As Shiva said, right now the game is advertised as full loot (same as red/black zone in Albion).
    If they keep the same red bar / green bar mechanics, then you will probably also lose everything if you die in PVE (red bar reaches zero, so death not knockout). I think that's the case because when you die you respawn to your home, and it would be quite broken to respawn with all the resources in the inventory.

If you are only "knocked out", your bag may be searched and stolen from.
    If you are killed, then you may also loose what you wear on your body.

While playing on Syndesia, consequences for attacker will also be different depending if you are only stolen from, assaulted, or killed.

@Razvan said in How will loot drop work?:

As Shiva said, right now the game is advertised as full loot (same as red/black zone in Albion).
    If they keep the same red bar / green bar mechanics, then you will probably also lose everything if you die in PVE (red bar reaches zero, so death not knockout). I think that's the case because when you die you respawn to your home, and it would be quite broken to respawn with all the resources in the inventory.

In PvE mobs only do knock-out, not full death to you. So there everything is safe.

But PvE is only one of the three planets.

@Yitra said in How will loot drop work?:

In PvE mobs only do knock-out, not full death to you. So there everything is safe

Some mobs can fully kill you, so you can lose your stuff in PvE.

I think they also talked about... when you die your stuff will be on the ground for a bit, so you can go back and pick it up, or other people can pick it up and face the consequences of that πŸ™‚

• @Yitra Right now mobs kill you when the red bar reaches 0 and you respawn to your plot without losing anything. It would be quite gamebreaking to have a similar behavior at release in full loot pvp areas.

Hmmm... if monkeys kill you, they should also steal some of your stuff and take them to their tree house.

There are other animals that also like to steal shiny objects, so I don't see why you wouldn't lose your stuff when animal kills you. πŸ™‚

Maybe if you can track that animal down, you can kill it and take your item back.

Maybe that's how other players could sometimes get a random item from animals (if that animal previously killed someone and took an item).

If you respawn at your house each time you die I can't see you making it back to your body before your stuff disappears most the time. No travelling healers or shrines to res at? I remember my first time dying in UO. Man that was a trip trying to find some way to res all while in a black and white screen.

• Being looted is a different crime than adds karma on being PK'ed? ...
    Anyway, if you die and respawn to your house you should absolutely lose everything you got on you. Lets take the current map for example: if my house is in Creeping Woods (NW) and I'm farming more than half a map away in Vale of Shadows, bringing loot home is a dangerous journey when the full loot pvp gets implemented. Getting spawned at my house with all the items when being killed by mobs is basically a safe teleport with 30s vulnerability time which goes against the idea of dangerous journeys / no teleporting / localized marketplaces and banks in the worlds with open pvp.

PS: @Gothix 's idea is not bad imo. If you get KNOCKED by a mob, they might steal an item and whoever (you included) kills the mob gets it as loot. However, I wouldn't really want this implemented since it might be a little awkward if you are in party with randoms and lose an expensive item while being knocked out.
    PPS: @Farlander in the release we will have mounts.

@Eurav said in How will loot drop work?:

@Yitra said in How will loot drop work?:

In PvE mobs only do knock-out, not full death to you. So there everything is safe

Some mobs can fully kill you, so you can lose your stuff in PvE.

I think they also talked about... when you die your stuff will be on the ground for a bit, so you can go back and pick it up, or other people can pick it up and face the consequences of that πŸ™‚

That would be totally fucked up, especially if you respawn at your home which can be god nows how far away. For PvP I can imagine something like thtat (hardly), but not for PvE.

• @Yitra said in How will loot drop work?:

That would be totally fucked up, especially if you respawn at your home which can be god nows how far away. For PvP I can imagine something like thtat (hardly), but not for PvE.

That is how the other full loot pvp games work. If mobs can finish you, you shouldn't respawn at your house with all your items because otherwise it could be abused as a safe teleport.

if you are in party with randoms and lose an expensive item

That's a risk for you to take. πŸ™‚ Chose who you group with, or take the risks associated with that.
    All fine here, imo. πŸ™‚

• DymStudios - CEO

If you get killed (knocked out with 0 Life), you can choose if you want to respawn at your place or at the closest town (note: towns are not implemented yet). Disregarding your choice, you leave your body with all your items behind, equipment included. You can run back to get them - the body will stay there for a while, but other players can steal them from your corpse (unless you are a Beastman on Arboreus, which makes you largely protected from hostile behaviors).

@Prometheus said in How will loot drop work?:

You can run back to get them - the body will stay there for a while, but other players can steal them from your corpse (unless you are a Beastman on Arboreus, which makes you largely protected from hostile behaviors).

Thank for that clarification, I didn't join this game for the PvP, at least not the first time or maybe never.

That is how the other full loot pvp games work. If mobs can finish you, you shouldn't respawn at your house with all your items because otherwise it could be abused as a safe teleport.

Yep, but this isn't only a full loot PvP game, but the above answer from Prometheus is how I would have expected it to be, so all good.

• @Yitra
    The way he explained is also the case in all other PvP games, but I was strictly talking about full pvp zones, not the safe ones.

PS: In fact the Fractured system is a bit more annoying when it comes to safe zones. If you get knocked in a group of mobs, you will get killed and have to bring another set kill the mobs, get your items back. In Albion for example, when you die in blue zone, mobs don't attack you for a short time after you get up so death is less time consuming.

@Razvan But then again it's just a bad mechanic, like almost everything in albion. I personally liked it much more when mobs and players had to finish you.

• @Shivashanti
    Well, I think Albion has both a lot of good and bad things Fractured should learn from.
    Anyway, when it comes to safe zones I don't see why you'd prefer to walk 15min back to your body after getting killed instead of getting up with a little protection from mobs so you can escape and recover.

@Shivashanti
    Well, I think Albion has both a lot of good and bad things Fractured should learn from.
    Anyway, when it comes to safe zones I don't see why you'd prefer to walk 15min back to your body after getting killed instead of getting up with a little protection from mobs so you can escape and recover.

Getting killed by NPC's doesn't have to be without consequences. I don't mind "wasting" some of my time getting back to my corpse, Sure it would be convenient if you can just rush into every situation you see and never feel any consequence.

Bottom line, on Arboreus, my stuff should be safe as long as I avoid PvP (invasions).......

β€œIt is mine, I tell you ! My own ! My precious. Yes, my precious.”

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured