Game F2P or P2P

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Will the game be free to play or should we pay in order to play it after the release?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

it's f2p with sub after buying it

• Community Manager

@TMaxter @TekNicTerror It's buy-to-play with a cosmetic cash shop and an optional VIP sub. 😉

• @Specter Did they disclose what are the advantages of premium? If it's similar to Albion, are they also going to implement the gold market?

• Community Manager

@Razvan It's in the FAQ. 😉

8. What business model does Fractured follow?

Fractured follows a “buy to play” business model. This means that a single initial purchase gives you permanent access to the game, without any content restriction!

On top of that, the game features an Item Store selling cosmetic perks and an optional VIP membership.

9. VIP membership? What's that about?

VIP membership is a monthly subscription planned to be priced around $10/month. It provides the following perks:

• Discounts on Store items
      * Unique cosmetic rewards for accumulated VIP time
      * Other vanity rewards we might think of in the future
      * Additional study slots
      * Increased Knowledge Point gains

10. Is VIP membership "Pay to Win"?

Fractured characters are already competitive from day 1. The core of progression afterwards consists of completing tasks requiring you to travel and perform a wide range of exploration- and experimentation-related activities.

The bonuses from VIP membership have nothing to do with the above, since they only impact the passive “studying phase” that kicks in once the tasks have been completed. Moreover, they've been balanced so that they only speed up progression for "completionists" who want to learn a ton of abilities (beyond what's actually useful for each character). Because of this, VIP membership ultimately has no impact on actual PvP competition, not between individuals nor between guilds.

• @Specter Thanks. So there are no economic aspects related to premium? Do you know of any plans regarding a gold market (where players can trade between eachother silver for gold)? It was quite fun playing the market in Albion.
    PS: Do we have any info on when will the foundation end?

No real estimate on when the Foundation ends yet. It will be announced well in advance though.

@Razvan said in Game F2P or P2P:

@Specter Thanks. So there are no economic aspects related to premium? Do you know of any plans regarding a gold market (where players can trade between eachother silver for gold)? It was quite fun playing the market in Albion.
    PS: Do we have any info on when will the foundation end?

It's been a while but i dont think they want any cosmetics to be traded for in game goods. think of it more like Path of Exile and not Warframe.

• Community Manager

@Razvan There are no plans to let players trade cash shop items so I doubt there will be such a market.

@Specter

it may change if the revenue isn't there. Warframe changed and they're doing very well because of it.

• @Jetah Yep, I hope they think in advance and find a sustainable financial model because dramatically changing it a year after release will probably cause a lot of community backlash. Which would suck because this game looks promising.

@Jetah Yep, I hope they think in advance and find a sustainable financial model because dramatically changing it a year after release will probably cause a lot of community backlash. Which would suck because this game looks promising.

i understand the buy to play but realistically games have problems with that unless they're backed by a great publisher or developer. I can see Fractured doing well as a f2p game, but i also hate the ability to create an endless amount of accounts to just troll and be toxic.

@Jetah said in Game F2P or P2P:

@Jetah Yep, I hope they think in advance and find a sustainable financial model because dramatically changing it a year after release will probably cause a lot of community backlash. Which would suck because this game looks promising.

i understand the buy to play but realistically games have problems with that unless they're backed by a great publisher or developer. I can see Fractured doing well as a f2p game, but i also hate the ability to create an endless amount of accounts to just troll and be toxic.

I dont mind f2p basic accounts that cant PM pr group or trade until they buy the full version

@Xzoviac said in Game F2P or P2P:

@Jetah said in Game F2P or P2P:

I dont mind f2p basic accounts that cant PM pr group or trade until they buy the full version

i just think games like this should have a demo of some type that's separate from the rest of the game. something like a demo planet.
    the only real problem with b2p games is needing to try it before actually purchasing it.

"Demo planet" could be a world that already exists in Alpha, that we are testing now.

Just keep it on separate instance separated from real game world (and of course polished up with all the retail fixes), and use it as demo. 🙂

@Gothix said in Game F2P or P2P:

"Demo planet" could be a world that already exists in Alpha, that we are testing now.

Just keep it on separate instance separated from real game world (and of course polished up with all the retail fixes), and use it as demo. 🙂

sure could!!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured