Alpha 2 - losing items from my inventory for no reason

• I don't even know why some items just completely vanish from my inventory. Someone thought it was when I was writing with my inventory opened. But it still disappears even closed. Examples of things I lost: roasted venison, nightshade berries, onion, bitterleaf.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

This probably happens cause of the ENTER Bug, which makes some items randomly disappear when you press the ENTER button.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Just happened to me with the SPACE key. Another allmighty key press 😛

• DymStudios - CEO

@islesofurth @Onesimee @Putio @Eurav I think we finally figured it out. The bug is not about you pressing Enter or Space - that just triggers a refresh of the UI showing the right values. The bug is about you dragging an item out of the inventory, having the "Do you want to destroy this item?" popup show, closing the popup, but your client sent the request to the server anyway (but the inventory UI didn't refresh).

So my question to you is... before the bug happened, did you have the "Do you want to destroy this item?" popup open?

• Wiki Editor

@Prometheus
    The Inventory Bug i can't confirm this Alpha for myself, because i did not got it, but i had it in the past and there was never a "Destroy Item" Message before.

But here at this Report is maybe a relation to it.
    The Furniture Table&Bench had an "Destroy" Window when i clicked it, but i canceled the dialog. The Table was deleted short after. (Releation to Chat with Enter is present)

@Prometheus said in Alpha 2 - losing items from my inventory for no reason:

@islesofurth @Onesimee @Putio @Eurav I think we finally figured it out. The bug is not about you pressing Enter or Space - that just triggers a refresh of the UI showing the right values. The bug is about you dragging an item out of the inventory, having the "Do you want to destroy this item?" popup show, closing the popup, but your client sent the request to the server anyway (but the inventory UI didn't refresh).

So my question to you is... before the bug happened, did you have the "Do you want to destroy this item?" popup open?

I did some testing myself and there seems to be a very strong connection with using enter (no need to type anything in chat), but also with the same place in the inventory what gets deleted, I have tried this 4 times in a role, every time the same position in my inventory got deleted.

I did not delete anything before from my inventory and was just chopping wood before and fighting some mobs.

I made some pictures (on 2e attempt) and a

(3rd attempt)

Before using enter Enter bug 1.png
    After using enter Enter bug 2.png

Edit: I did some more testing, the positions were you see a wolf head in this

are always the ones that gets deleted by using enter. There might be more on the lower rows, but without the dupe bug, it gets too expensive to test 🙂

@Prometheus I just ran around a bit, gathering a lot of stuff and hunting bears, so my inventory filled rather quickly to about 3/4... then I pressed SPACE and everything except for about 2 - 3 stacks of items were gone. Did not try to destroy anything.

I knew I would have lost them if I pressed enter, so I intentionally did press SPACE, because I had a certain feeling... and tadaaaa all my hard work for those items gone 😛

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Onesimee I've had this happen to me multiple times, until I stopped using "Enter" while playing the game. I also noticed that I lost my Cart once, though I'm not sure if it was due to the fact that I hit Enter or not.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Prometheus
    I dont specifically remember when, but i do recall that screen popping up multiple times for things that i did not want deleted & i would then press the cross to close it.
    So that does make a lot of sense to me.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I did a quick test based on @Yitra picture and what @Prometheus said

I found that the slot that the item is in when you refuse to delete the item when the popup comes up. Is the slot that will recieve the delete order when enter is pushed.
    Just move your item over 1 & it wont be deleted.

Delete.jpg

• DymStudios - CEO

Fixed in version a212

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured